Are we doomed?

A gubmint leech.

hahahaha! not quite but I know how you conservatives think. I developed my theory on paper and implemented my ideas at Georgia Tech. I then took me work to a defense contractor and showed them I could save millions by using deionized water over sulferhex gas for many wave guide systems across the globe. If a Govt leach is someone who saves the tax payers money, by all means, keep on with that mid set.

Coolant or a coating?

$1 Trillion Obamacare Tax Hike Hitting on Jan. 1\

Americans for Tax Reform : $1 Trillion Obamacare Tax Hike Hitting on Jan. 1

Not even considered part of the 'fiscal cliff.'

America is freaking doomed.
Nope. I'm an optimist. In spite of spiraling deficits, a congress that is completely inept, and citizens that are deeply divided on almost all major issues, I would rather be living in this country than any other place on earth.

I think it's part of our American heritage to scream from roof tops everything that's wrong with the country. There are lot of good things going on, but you won't read about on this bulletin board or in the news.

Right now I'd rather be living in Germany.

At least they have their shit together...........and no Democraps.

A gubmint leech.

lol, simple minded dolt says simple minded things.

If we colonized another planet the first thing to be done would be to set up the military and the political beaucracy.
Then religions.

More or less the realistic version of things would to mine and extract rare metals and minerals from space bodies to bring on the next industrial revolution. If we decide to get serious about space flight and get the F out of low earth orbit.

Colonization is realistically not going to happen for quite some time sad to say.

A gubmint leech.

If we colonized another planet the first thing to be done would be to set up the military and the political beaucracy.
Then religions.

More or less the realistic version of things would to mine and extract rare metals and minerals from space bodies to bring on the next industrial revolution. If we decide to get serious about space flight and get the F out of low earth orbit.

Colonization is realistically not going to happen for quite some time sad to say.

I saw that in an Arnold Swartzenegger movie.

Great fantasy!

Good luck selling it to the Chinese!

only in your world buddy. the Chinese have the will to push their space program, we dont. Just wait until they land on the moon, which is what they plan to do in the next decade. When the Chinese build and maintain a moon base, maybe, just maybe you conservative jerk offs will wake up.

Move there then.......:cool:

A gubmint leech.

Then religions.

Unobtanium. I saw that historical record.

A gubmint leech.

Then religions.

GovMars.jpg

This Ayn Rand?

In her journal circa 1928 Rand quoted the statement, "What is good for me is right," a credo attributed to a prominent figure of the day, William Edward Hickman. Her response was enthusiastic. "The best and strongest expression of a real man's psychology I have heard," she exulted. (Quoted in Ryan, citing Journals of Ayn Rand, pp. 21-22.)

At the time, she was planning a novel that was to be titled The Little Street, the projected hero of which was named Danny Renahan.According to Rand scholar Chris Matthew Sciabarra, she deliberately modeled Renahan - intended to be her first sketch of her ideal man - after this same William Edward Hickman. Renahan, she enthuses in another journal entry, "is born with a wonderful, free, light consciousness -- [resulting from] the absolute lack of social instinct or herd feeling. He does not understand, because he has no organ for understanding, the necessity, meaning, or importance of other people ... Other people do not exist for him and he does not understand why they should." (Journals, pp. 27, 21-22; emphasis hers.)

"A wonderful, free, light consciousness" born of the utter absence of any understanding of "the necessity, meaning, or importance of other people." Obviously, Ayn Rand was most favorably impressed with Mr. Hickman. He was, at least at that stage of Rand's life, her kind of man.

So the question is, who exactly was he?

William Edward Hickman was one of the most famous men in America in 1928. But he came by his fame in a way that perhaps should have given pause to Ayn Rand before she decided that he was a "real man" worthy of enshrinement in her pantheon of fictional heroes.

You see, Hickman was a forger, an armed robber, a child kidnapper, and a multiple murderer.

Other than that, he was probably a swell guy.

Romancing the Stone-Cold Killer: Ayn Rand and William Hickman | Michael Prescott

Incredible than any sane person could give any weight to the philosophy of someone as mentally ill as Rand.

ahhhh, yes, the James Cameron invented element. Anyways, we are not far off from inviting rovers that could land on a moving space body, extract and navigate back home. However, a lot like the tech you use every day (lap top, cell phone), we are lagging in chemical based power production, batteries.

Forum List

Back