Are we better off today than 4 years ago?

I'm much better off. My net wealth has increased significantly over the last 4 years. I'm sure that anyone who has a stock fat IRA or 401K will say the same. Now if we could get the obstructionist Republicans in congress to act on some job legislation, many more would be better off.

The question was, "Are we better off" vs. "Are you better off? ". Since you and others are hell bent on blaming so-called obstructionist Republicans, what will Obama and the Democrats do to improve the following:

- Four years of 8.0 Unemployment
- a 100 percent increase in gas prices compared to 4 years ago
- National Debt up 50 percent vs. 4 years ago

If elected, what will Obama and Senate Democrats do from a policy perspective besides blaming Bush and whining about the Majority Republican House?

I'm much better off. My net wealth has increased significantly over the last 4 years. I'm sure that anyone who has a stock fat IRA or 401K will say the same. Now if we could get the obstructionist Republicans in congress to act on some job legislation, many more would be better off.

The question was, "Are we better off" vs. "Are you better off? ". Since you and others are hell bent on blaming so-called obstructionist Republicans, what will Obama and the Democrats do to improve the following:

If elected, what will Obama and Senate Democrats do from a policy perspective besides blaming Bush and whining about the Majority Republican House?

Anyone who owns their home (assuming it was purchased before 2004) and anyone who has a stock based retirement account, is much better off. Those tens of thousands of GM workers, who didn't lose their jobs, are better off.

As for gas prices, we still haven't hit the record high set by Bush, but the current prices certainly indicate that speculators see a near term upswing in the world economy.

As for the National debt going up, it wasn't because of discretionary spending. It's because our interest payments for Bush's debt financed tax cuts to the Chinese have gone up. I bet you supported the Bush tax cuts. I bet Mitt gives you a woodie because he wants to give the wealthy another debt financed tax cut.

What a rube.

Anyone who owns their home (assuming it was purchased before 2004) and anyone who has a stock based retirement account, is much better off. Those tens of thousands of GM workers, who didn't lose their jobs, are better off.

As for gas prices, we still haven't hit the record high set by Bush, but the current prices certainly indicate that speculators see a near term upswing in the world economy.

As for the National debt going up, it wasn't because of discretionary spending. It's because our interest payments for Bush's debt financed tax cuts to the Chinese have gone up. I bet you supported the Bush tax cuts. I bet Mitt gives you a woodie because he wants to give the wealthy another debt financed tax cut.

What a rube.

As for 23,000,000 people out of work....

Are we better off today than 4 years ago?

Naah, 4 years ago wa had McCain/Palin Tunning now we Have Romney/Ryan running.

Eight years of Bush, and we still lost private sector jobs. Any you morons want to try the same policies?

private_job_gains_by_presidency_smaller.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back