Are we being watched ?

There wouldn't be anything unethical about monitoring a public forum like this one, but I sincerely doubt it would be worth the government's time to do so in any except the most cursory way.

Think of all the genuinely illegal things that occur on or are recorded on the internet. For example, there are sites devoted to online gambling, which is illegal under current US law. American citizens regularly ignore those laws, and the government knows it. Why would they closely monitor sites which are entirely or almost entirely legal when they are ignoring many sites devoted to illegal activities.

The only reason would be if such sites were patronized largely by genuinely dangerous people (for example, terrorists). This site clearly is not, and I'm sure the FBI doesn't think otherwise.

I wondered if they might care about what people thought about them ... maybe in a different way than polls could get.

But I guess they have skilled pollsters on staff who know how to ask the questions which need asking to get ideas for how the admin's spokespeople should tweak their message ...

cartoon_092611_A.jpg

Ramirez

There wouldn't be anything unethical about monitoring a public forum like this one, but I sincerely doubt it would be worth the government's time to do so in any except the most cursory way.

Think of all the genuinely illegal things that occur on or are recorded on the internet. For example, there are sites devoted to online gambling, which is illegal under current US law. American citizens regularly ignore those laws, and the government knows it. Why would they closely monitor sites which are entirely or almost entirely legal when they are ignoring many sites devoted to illegal activities.

The only reason would be if such sites were patronized largely by genuinely dangerous people (for example, terrorists). This site clearly is not, and I'm sure the FBI doesn't think otherwise.

Have you med del?
He's the most dangerous of all the mods, but the rest of them qualify as dangerous also (except for my sister EZ).

Do you think the gubmint has people reading these boards ... or at least random samplings of different boards on the interwebs ... to take the temperature of the sites?

And/or maybe to get more detailed reactions from the people to its various intitiatives?

Yes, you are being "watched". All the time.

Do you think the gubmint has people reading these boards ... or at least random samplings of different boards on the interwebs ... to take the temperature of the sites?

And/or maybe to get more detailed reactions from the people to its various intitiatives?

Yes, you are being "watched". All the time.

So you finally found a job?

Luckily for us, deanie only understands 6% of the posts on the board.

And that's only because his fellow loonie truthnevermatters posts so often.

Forum List

Back