Are we atheists really that annoying??

When atheists start going door to door or doing "missions" or ringing bells loudly in neighborhoods. Or...making one swear that they don't have hallucinations before testifying in court.

Then get back to me on that.

Last edited:

When atheists start going door to door or doing "missions" or ringing bells loudly in neighborhoods. Or...making one swear that they don't have hallucinations before testifying in court.

Then get back to me on that.
door-to-door-atheists-bizarro.jpg

6a00d834547c1469e20133f4540c3e970b-580wi

irony.png

alookfromtheotherside.gif

Too many non religious types insist that they have a "Freedom FROM Religion" when in fact it's "Freedom OF Religion".

That's what's annoying.

After 60 years in the church I declared freedom "from" religion. It wouldn't have taken nearly that long if I had not been brainwashed by my family, neighbors and school teachers when I was a child.

The only reason ancient god worship has survived into the modern age is the brainwashing of each new generation by their parents and authority figures. Hey Zeus walked on water and turned water into fine wine like my last voyage on STS-89 aboard the shuttle Endeavor. It sure was nerve wracking while I piloted that thing to a successful docking with MIR.

These are the only people who told that fairy tale:

Simon Peter
Andrew
James
John
Philip
Bartholomew
Thomas
Matthew
James (the younger)
Thaddaeus (brother of James)
Simon
Judas Iscariot

There were six known, documented historians in the world at that time and not a one of them even mentioned a miracle performed by Jesus. A little strange don't you think?

Last edited:
Too many non religious types insist that they have a "Freedom FROM Religion" when in fact it's "Freedom OF Religion".

That's what's annoying.

After 60 years in the church I declared freedom "from" religion. It wouldn't have taken nearly that long if I had not been brainwashed by my family, neighbors and school teachers when I was a child.

The only reason ancient god worship has survived into the modern age is the brainwashing of each new generation by their parents and authority figures. Hey Zeus walked on water and turned water into fine wine like my last voyage on STS-89 aboard the shuttle Endeavor. It sure was nerve wracking while I piloted that thing to a successful docking with MIR.

Simon Peter
Andrew
James
John
Philip
Bartholomew
Thomas
Matthew
James (the younger)
Simon
Judas Iscariot

There were six known, documented historians in the world at that time and not a one of them even mentioned a miracle performed by Jesus. A little strange don't you think?

Cammpbell

It is not called "brainwashing", per se.

It is called "religious education".

Your choice of words is a bit adversarial, dont you think? If you wish to have people understand your viewpoint, you should use less confrontational statements. Unless you are being sarcastic.

That's what's annoying.

Simon Peter
Andrew
James
John
Philip
Bartholomew
Thomas
Matthew
James (the younger)
Simon
Judas Iscariot

Cammpbell

Your choice of words is a bit adversarial, dont you think? If you wish to have people understand your viewpoint, you should use less confrontational statements. Unless you are being sarcastic.

It is indeed brainwashing up to and including physcal threats and force for those that do not submit.

Simon Peter
Andrew
James
John
Philip
Bartholomew
Thomas
Matthew
James (the younger)
Simon
Judas Iscariot

Cammpbell

It is indeed brainwashing up to and including physcal threats and force for those that do not submit.

See--your choice of words is scaring off the audience you are seeking to talk to..

Do you really think that "singing to the choir" is going to get your message out? Better to have the choir do the singing while you bring in the audience to hear them. Those sour notes you are hitting is just not pleasant to the religious ear.

Cammpbell

See--your choice of words is scaring off the audience you are seeking to talk to..

Do you really think that "singing to the choir" is going to get your message out? Better to have the choir do the singing while you bring in the audience to hear them. Those sour notes you are hitting is just not pleasant to the religious ear.

I'm not on this MB to "please" religeous ears. I would prefer that a bounty placed on them and cash redeemed at banks.

Cammpbell

What do you think "brainwashing" is? The reading of text that offends your silly religion?

Or how about thousands in a stadium chanting "Ohhh Bahhh Bahhh Bahhh Mahhh?"

Look, some churches do use brainwashing techniques. I've seen Pentecostal churches that sing a 5 word verse repeatedly for 20 minutes - and yes, that is indoctrination through the use of a mantra. (Hey fucktard Dawkins, how does your "meme" bullshit differ from a "mantra," you plagiarist pile of shit?)

But most of the religious are not "brainwashed," even though they rejected your faith.

Forum List

Back