CDZ Are we American first?

It's stupid to be proud of the random patch of dirt on which you happened to be born
Although this is a beautiful country, it is not the land we are most proud of. It is our founding morals, principles, ideals, and beliefs that make America something to be proud of.
And all that is still just a result of the accident of your birth

But that birth makes us a part of it.

I was taught those morals, principles and ideals and beliefs and I support them and live them, and am in the process of passing them to the next generation.

Thus, they are MY morals and principles and ideals and beliefs.

So, why not be proud of something that is MINE and that survives and greatly benefits the wordl, because of the small individual contributions of tens of millions of people just like me?

Not the same as being proud of where you were born or what color your skin is or whether you're straight or gay, right or left handed, blue or brown eyed etc.

You can be proud of your behavior but that has far more to do with you than it does where you were born

When someone says they are proud of being an American, they are not referring to geographical location.

It's meaningless any way you slice it.

Most people who just happen to be born on a patch of dirt in this country are "proud" of it

Although this is a beautiful country, it is not the land we are most proud of. It is our founding morals, principles, ideals, and beliefs that make America something to be proud of.

I was taught those morals, principles and ideals and beliefs and I support them and live them, and am in the process of passing them to the next generation.

So, why not be proud of something that is MINE and that survives and greatly benefits the wordl, because of the small individual contributions of tens of millions of people just like me?

Not the same as being proud of where you were born or what color your skin is or whether you're straight or gay, right or left handed, blue or brown eyed etc.

You can be proud of your behavior but that has far more to do with you than it does where you were born

When someone says they are proud of being an American, they are not referring to geographical location.

Most people who just happen to be born on a patch of dirt in this country are "proud" of it

Most people who are born on a patch of dirt, are proud of the community they are raised to be a part of.

That is normal, healthy human behavior.

NOT being proud of the group you are part of, is not sophistication, but the sign of a declining culture.

Most people who are born on a patch of dirt, are proud of the community they are raised to be a part of.

That is normal, healthy human behavior.

NOT being proud of the group you are part of, is not sophistication, but the sign of a declining culture.

I disagree.

What is there to be proud of in whatever culture or moral system you have been indoctrinated in?

It's stupid to be proud of the random patch of dirt on which you happened to be born
So it wouldn't make any difference to you if you were born in North Korea?
That's like asking if it would matter to you if your mom had an abortion instead of having you.
Exactly

Forum List

Back