Are We Alone?

AFAIK we are the only intelligent life and less intelligent life in the universe. Then we have the

9bfc8fed9e0fe5d6b82ce74d6218958debb4a06c4e890c18cc37f475e5d03190.jpg
Pretty sad if we are as smart as it gets.

Maybe for you sealybobo, but yesterday I was looking at the wonders of the world and Big Ben.

The 7 Wonders of the Ancient World

Click through some of the other ThoughtCo articles on wonders of the world and human accomplishments.

You know what separates us from monkeys? About 1%. Imagine another creature in the universe 1% smarter than us. Their babies would play with trigonometry like you played with coloring books

The "generation future" in Germany are today by the way often very well educated and very intelligent young people: poor, without job.

Last edited:
It's too big of a Universe not to say there isn't anything out there..

Darlin', triple negatives confuse me. Are you saying that due to the size of the universe, you feel odds are there is other intelligent life out there?

the universe is 14 billion years old

our solar system is about 4.5 billion years old.

if life can evolve here, in less than 5 billion years, it is quite possible that life originated elsewhere. Some of that life could be billions of years older than us.

so YES it is probable that there is life elsewhere and YES it is probable that some much older and more advanced civilization has visited us.

No.

AFAIK we are the only intelligent life and less intelligent life in the universe. Then we have the

Maybe for you sealybobo, but yesterday I was looking at the wonders of the world and Big Ben.

Click through some of the other ThoughtCo articles on wonders of the world and human accomplishments.

You know what separates us from monkeys? About 1%. Imagine another creature in the universe 1% smarter than us. Their babies would play with trigonometry like you played with coloring books

You are using statistics which could be made to back anything. Instead of DNA, look at the differences in molecules between humans and monkeys. Hundreds of millions of differences. It goes to show they are not the same. Why are the DNA so similar? It just means God reused the same parts. As for your another creature, why don't you show us it? Or do I have to imagine it like everything that has to do with evolution?

Actually, that is laughably inept. There are no differences in molecules. The water molecules in primates are the same molecules in all of the natural world.

What is the chemical symbol for the water molecule?

You make yourself the biggest buffoon when you rattle off your ID’iot creation ignorance.

You are using statistics which could be made to back anything. Instead of DNA, look at the differences in molecules between humans and monkeys. Hundreds of millions of differences. It goes to show they are not the same. Why are the DNA so similar? It just means God reused the same parts. As for your another creature, why don't you show us it? Or do I have to imagine it like everything that has to do with evolution?

Actually, that is laughably inept. There are no differences in molecules. The water molecules in primates are the same molecules in all of the natural world.

H2O. Nevertheless there is a possibility for example that water has a kind of memory, what could for example also explain why homeopathic agents help sometimes. I used one a short time ago - it had helped really, although I do not believe in homeopathic agents. I heard it helps also in case of animals so "placebo" is perhaps not the best explanation, why this form of medicine helps sometimes.

You make yourself the biggest buffoon when you rattle off your ID’iot creation ignorance.

What is a buffon? A dog? ... Or has this something to do with Mr. Buffon, the founder of the Jardin de Plant and his book "histoire naturelle" where he spoke about a "moule intérieur" (an inner structure) which is common between all natural species? When I today think about what a "moule intérieur" could be, then I would say this sounds like "DNA", isn't it? Seems to me Mr Buffon, who had lived in 17xx, was a damned intelligent man, isn't it? ... ah got it now: "buffoon" not Buffon - buffoon is a synonym for a joker or a fool ...

Last edited:

You have to imagine like you do god.

I use faith for God and the scientific method to back up the Bible, but I have to use imagination, circular reasoning, other fallacious thinking and believing in out and out bullsh*t with absolutely no evidence for evolution. For example, people do not believe in global warming anymore because of Trump and exposing fake science and scientists. We even have real news and fake clickbait news. You have become sealybozo, due to de-evolution (?), from the time I met you.

I use faith for God and the scientific method to back up the Bible, but I have to use imagination, circular reasoning, other fallacious thinking and believing in out and out bullsh*t with absolutely no evidence for evolution. For example, people do not believe in global warming anymore because of Trump and exposing fake science and scientists. We even have real news and fake clickbait news. You have become sealybozo, due to de-evolution (?), from the time I met you.
God people are fucking dumb.

I love when they say global warming and evolution have been debunked. I watch these shows that give very detailed explanations on how they came to the conclusions they came to. I have to admit it's over my head.
upload_2019-4-12_13-10-53.jpeg

But then I come here and I hear fucking morons telling us that it's official that evolution is debunked. LOL. They are complete idiots.

Unfortunately they are winning elections. Corporate polluters have convinced the right wing nutbags in America that global warming isn't real.

This is why I realized they use religion to dupe us. I notice the same people who deny evolution and the same fools who deny global warming.

What makes me thing Christianity is a con game? Just look at the Christians.

The secret is to get to them when they are young
tenor.gif

what could for example also explain why homeopathic agents help sometimes
Homeopathic agents do not "help sometimes". Homeopathy is a steaming pile of horseshit.
a more ignorant comment has never been said,,,
Hey look! Its the attention-begging troll, saying stupid shit to elicit responses!

did you know that most modern medicines are based on homeopathic compounds????

I love when they say global warming and evolution have been debunked. I watch these shows that give very detailed explanations on how they came to the conclusions they came to. I have to admit it's over my head.
View attachment 255470

But then I come here and I hear fucking morons telling us that it's official that evolution is debunked. LOL. They are complete idiots.

Unfortunately they are winning elections. Corporate polluters have convinced the right wing nutbags in America that global warming isn't real.

This is why I realized they use religion to dupe us. I notice the same people who deny evolution and the same fools who deny global warming.

tenor.gif

is that why they start teaching evolution in pre school???

View attachment 255470

tenor.gif

In part, yes. We live in a technical world and education is critical to competing in the modern, educated economy.

You Christian Taliban wannabes hoping to drag the US back into the grip of fear and superstition is not helpful.

View attachment 255470

tenor.gif

In part, yes. We live in a technical world and education is critical to competing in the modern, educated economy.

You Christian Taliban wannabes hoping to drag the US back into the grip of fear and superstition is not helpful.

And I don't think they teach evolution to elementary students. Do they? They should.

What Darwin knew about kids should be obvious to anyone who has one: They make good amateur scientists. "At age 3, 4, 5, 6, all they ask is, 'What's that and where did it come from?

"What's that?" It's a bird. "And where did it come from?" The correct, and interesting, answer is "from a dinosaur that was well-adapted to changing conditions millions of years ago." But in a lot of schools, kids are just as likely to hear "from the sky." "I think a lot of people believe that if we can get evolution taught well in high school, we should just be happy with that, because teaching it in middle school will bring angry parents out of the woodwork," says Purrington. "As for elementary school, that's a line almost no one wants to cross."

Even parents and teachers who have no religious objection to evolution often balk at sharing the concept with young kids. Some of them say it's too complex, to explain to kids who are still learning the basics. "I think there's a perception by teachers that evolution is horribly hard to teach," says Purrington. "There's a fear that if they don't have an advanced degree in biology, they'll get something wrong."

Britain has just made evolution a mandatory part of the curriculum for even its youngest students, and American states ought to follow. Without evolution, biology isn't really science—it's just memorization—and our kids, even the littlest ones, deserve a more interesting introduction to the natural world than that. It's time we gave it to them.

The Concord Consortium is already working on one way to teach evolution to kids—an interactive, technology-driven fourth-grade curriculum called Evolution Readiness. The group is testing the approach in classrooms in Massachusetts, Missouri, and Texas. It's purposely keeping things simple, but it's not talking down to its students. "When you're 10 years old, the time to your next birthday is a long time, so it's really hard to understand things that take place over millennia," says Horwitz, who leads the project. "So we're looking at adaptation over a few generations, not a few million years." The group is also keeping things at the macro level, leaving out discussions of the genetic change that drives evolution—which, of course, is how Darwin did things, too, since genetic science hadn't been worked out in his time.

Why Evolution Should Be Taught to Younger Kids

View attachment 255470

tenor.gif

And I don't think they teach evolution to elementary students. Do they? They should.

What Darwin knew about kids should be obvious to anyone who has one: They make good amateur scientists. "At age 3, 4, 5, 6, all they ask is, 'What's that and where did it come from?

"What's that?" It's a bird. "And where did it come from?" The correct, and interesting, answer is "from a dinosaur that was well-adapted to changing conditions millions of years ago." But in a lot of schools, kids are just as likely to hear "from the sky." "I think a lot of people believe that if we can get evolution taught well in high school, we should just be happy with that, because teaching it in middle school will bring angry parents out of the woodwork," says Purrington. "As for elementary school, that's a line almost no one wants to cross."

Even parents and teachers who have no religious objection to evolution often balk at sharing the concept with young kids. Some of them say it's too complex, to explain to kids who are still learning the basics. "I think there's a perception by teachers that evolution is horribly hard to teach," says Purrington. "There's a fear that if they don't have an advanced degree in biology, they'll get something wrong."

Britain has just made evolution a mandatory part of the curriculum for even its youngest students, and American states ought to follow. Without evolution, biology isn't really science—it's just memorization—and our kids, even the littlest ones, deserve a more interesting introduction to the natural world than that. It's time we gave it to them.

The Concord Consortium is already working on one way to teach evolution to kids—an interactive, technology-driven fourth-grade curriculum called Evolution Readiness. The group is testing the approach in classrooms in Massachusetts, Missouri, and Texas. It's purposely keeping things simple, but it's not talking down to its students. "When you're 10 years old, the time to your next birthday is a long time, so it's really hard to understand things that take place over millennia," says Horwitz, who leads the project. "So we're looking at adaptation over a few generations, not a few million years." The group is also keeping things at the macro level, leaving out discussions of the genetic change that drives evolution—which, of course, is how Darwin did things, too, since genetic science hadn't been worked out in his time.

Why Evolution Should Be Taught to Younger Kids

thats called indoctrination,,,

The UK is doomed! It's dumb and dumber becoming true in real life.

Let's look at how they're doing Brexit.

"As a European Union member, the UK is part of about 40 trade agreements which the union has with more than 70 countries. If the UK leaves the EU in a no-deal Brexit on 29 March, it will immediately lose these deals.

Last year, the UK government said it wanted to replicate the EU's trade agreements "as far as possible" and have them ready to go immediately in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

So how much progress has the government made?

'No deals yet'
Being a part of the EU means the UK (or any other EU member) cannot implement its own trade deals. Trade negotiations are instead handled by the EU on behalf of its members.

These existing arrangements are designed to make trade easier between the EU and the rest of the world. This could include: relaxing certain rules, reducing taxes (tariffs) on imports and exports, or granting easier market access.

The government estimates that about 11% of UK's trade relies on the EU's agreements with other countries.

But on Thursday, International Trade Minister George Hollingbery told the Commons: "There are no deals yet that have been actually signed."

However, the minister added that he was confident "the majority of those will be in place by 29 March"."

How many trade agreements has the UK done?

Lucky for the UK, Brexit has been blocked for now.

Last edited:

The UK is doomed! It's dumb and dumber becoming true in real life.

Well we had a fight about it decades ago and you lost. We now teach it in school. Are we doomed?

Just 18 percent of U.S adults say humans have always existed in their present form, while 81 percent say humans have evolved over time.

62 percent majority of white evangelical Protestants take the position that humans have evolved over time.

just 27 percent of black Protestants take the “creationist” position, while a 71 percent majority say humans have evolved over time.

88% of catholics believe in evolution

Schools should not teach false science and lies. It goes to show how desperate you are as more and more people question evolution.

Forum List

Back