Are We Alone?

But then we have the distance problem don't we? That is a BIG problem. We talk about wormholes, and things of that nature but the energy needed to produce that result is simply incomprehensible. So much in fact that nearly cancels out 70 years of empirical evidence to the contrary.

Of course we're not. Only a stupid Christian would think otherwise.

Nothing in the Bible precludes a Christian from believing other life exists on other planets.

In fact the Bible talks of other works. And then of course there is the fact that the Bible talks about God making Adam and Eve and that Cain slew Able and was cast out to live with OTHER people.

What's your thought on life on other planets? Intelligent life?

Well, we've spent lots of money on SETI but have found nothing yet.

A common formula for the likely possibility of live on other planets is the Green Bank Formula

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Green Bank Formula: [/FONT]N = R * fp * ne * fl * fc * L

When you play around with it you realize how improbable it really is.

And as far as Biblically speaking goes, no.

Do you mean the Bible excludes the possibility of life on other planets, The Light?

Only if you are a moron. The Bible talks of other works. And when Cain slew Able he was cast out to live with other humans not from the Garden.

I keep encouraging people to go read "The Day After Roswell" by Philip Corsi

Philip J. Corso - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, I'm amused that you think extraterrestrials should worship our social hierarchy. Do you really want them talking to Joe Biden or Obama without his teleprompter?

Additionally, Earth is teeming with inorganic life.

It's not so weird that SETI has so far come up lemons. The problem is that we're looking for creatures more or less like us and using energy the same way we do, the odds of there being other shoe wearing monkeys on any nearby planet using blackberry's and ipad is really slim.

It's not even worth my time to speculate. What difference does it make if planets a zillion miles away have life on them or not ?

If there is intelligent life on other planets, my theory is they came, they saw, they laughed at us, and left.

We're an amusement park ride for other civilized races.

"Mom Dad! Let's go visit the little shoe wearing monkeys on Earth again! They're so funny!"

"Beam me up Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here."

Considering no one from out there has ever called, yes, we are alone. It could just be that in this entire humongous universe we - and most other living things on earth - are the only being(s) conscious of our being. Extrapolating that because there are infinite numbers of things only means there are an infinite number of things. I'm sure there will be never be another me so using that as my argument there are no other mes, so there are no other yous either and no other wes. ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAy9bGIuXR0]YouTube - Frank Close talks about nothing[/ame]

Of course there is intelligent life elsewhere. It's difficult for me to work up the arrogance to believe we're so unique and special. It's a big universe out there, even if the odds were one in several billion those are still pretty damn good odds considering.

We are specifically adapted to this planet, so much so that leaving it would be fatal.

Just a trip to our moon requires humans to bring their own atmosphere, water, food and suffer the affects of the loss that gravity has on our bodies.

So it could be with ET's. They may not be able to leave either and are right now pondering the same question. Nature's laws seem to be universal and thus nature spawns beings specific to environment.

Question, while we have apparently not be contacted are the ET's in contact with each other? If so, then due to our violent predatory nature, we may be off limits. But that's another area.

If the bible, which to a greater extent reveals God than does our natural senses, talks specifically about a personified "good", God, and a personified "evil", Satan, who is confined to earth and it's environs, then I don't see humankind being allowed to run all over the universe infecting God's pristine creation.

Later, after the redemption of man and the earth is complete, scripture speaks in terms of glorified bodies, not limited like the one's we have now, a new earth, a new beginning, a mix of the Spiritual and physical.

I look forward to zipping around the universe and interacting with the rest of God's creation not sitting on a cloud somewhere strumming a harp.

This can be heady stuff.

Regards,

Last edited:
Is there life inside of an electron ? The universe is as infinately small as it is big. The only answer not rife with speculation is "we don't know". Why we want to know is another question. Maybe humans are lonely? Maybe we are hoping that some other life form can be our salvation ? Maybe we're bored ?

You pose a wide question. Is there life beyond Earth and I think there is no doubt there is life out there. Look at the where life has been found here on earth at the bottom of the oceans in extreme heat and other bizarre places. The vastness of the universe would imply that the same conditions that existed here occurred elsewhere.

Intelligent life? I would also say yes. Why have we not been contacted? Distance is one factor. According to science it is impossible to go faster than light (and stay in this dimension), therefore space travel is not a real probable event. Of course science has been proved wrong before and if there are wormholes or other methods and Aliens have visited us before they may have the attitude that we are to evolve by ourselves. The old Star Trek policy.

Does the Bible specifically eliminate other life? No I do not believe so. The Bible is for the human race (Hispanics too guys) and not for aliens. God may have created other worlds, other races, Lord knows he probably was not proud of the human race. Or he may have created other Earths with human beings since we are made in his likeness.

Is it useless to speculate? No! We are an inquisitive species, always asking why, or what happened. this is what makes the human race the evolving species we are. When we stop asking questions then we become a dying race.

Is there life inside of an electron ? The universe is as infinately small as it is big. The only answer not rife with speculation is "we don't know". Why we want to know is another question. Maybe humans are lonely? Maybe we are hoping that some other life form can be our salvation ? Maybe we're bored ?

Another possibility is that we are explorers. Man's history is one of leaving the nest and exploring.

You pose a wide question. Is there life beyond Earth and I think there is no doubt there is life out there. Look at the where life has been found here on earth at the bottom of the oceans in extreme heat and other bizarre places. The vastness of the universe would imply that the same conditions that existed here occurred elsewhere.

Intelligent life? I would also say yes. Why have we not been contacted? Distance is one factor. According to science it is impossible to go faster than light (and stay in this dimension), therefore space travel is not a real probable event. Of course science has been proved wrong before and if there are wormholes or other methods and Aliens have visited us before they may have the attitude that we are to evolve by ourselves. The old Star Trek policy.

Does the Bible specifically eliminate other life? No I do not believe so. The Bible is for the human race (Hispanics too guys) and not for aliens. God may have created other worlds, other races, Lord knows he probably was not proud of the human race. Or he may have created other Earths with human beings since we are made in his likeness.

Is it useless to speculate? No! We are an inquisitive species, always asking why, or what happened. this is what makes the human race the evolving species we are. When we stop asking questions then we become a dying race.

Evolving into what ? Something better than we were a couple of hundred years ago ?
Because the are elephants one in place DOES NOT prove or even give credence to the possibilty there are elephants elsewhere.

Forum List

Back