Are We A Nation of Laws or Mob Rule?

Well interest seems to have waned.....but this concept of America under Mob Rules remains a most relevant topic and although it is obviously in search of a audience in this forum for the good of America it desperately needs to be understood.

Couldn't agree more. But the Zimmerman trial is only an isolated example of a broad change in our views toward government. Maybe it's because I'm pushing fifty, or just paranoid, but I'm really seeing this as a profound shift in our perspective as a nation. We're dismissing vital principles of liberal democracy (limited government, rule of law, equal protection, due process, individual rights, etc...) and most people aren't even noticing.

Last edited:
Well interest seems to have waned.....but this concept of America under Mob Rules remains a most relevant topic and although it is obviously in search of a audience in this forum for the good of America it desperately needs to be understood.

Couldn't agree more. But the Zimmerman trial is only an isolated example of a broad change in our views toward government. Maybe it's because I'm pushing fifty, or just paranoid, but I'm really seeing this as a profound shift in our perspective as a nation. We're dismissing vital principles of liberal democracy (limited government, rule of law, equal protection, due process, individual rights, etc...) and most people aren't even noticing.

Right at the top of course is the media....which has become a power unto itself. Due to its innate ability to influence(to the point of control)the masses. In essence the media has become another branch of government....some might claim...the most powerful branch.

Another huge change has been brought about by the advancement of technology....i.e. the ability now possessed by many (in and out of government) to snoop and collect data on any citizen...by various electronic means.

This erosion of our privacy keeps many highly qualified people out of public service and inhibits many already in public service. J. Edgar Hoover... pioneered this method of collecting data on people in order to control them or silence them as the case may be. The recently revealed information on how the IRS was essentially punishing people deemed to be political enemies of the executive branch is something the more savvy already knew was going on.

This electronical snooping and collection of personal data and the preservation of it in some computer somewhere--forever...is a huge threat to all Ameicans but most especially to the young...the most proficient and savvy users of high tech toys... being young and naïve...they do not realize how they are permanently creating a profile that can be used against them at some future point...to say that people are now being enslaved by computer technology is not a real stretch. Famed Harvard Law Professor Dershowitz recently made this clear by saying....if his younger days had been documented and preserved the way young people's behavior and actions now are....he would never have been able to become a lawyer.

In Soviet Russia during the heyday of the Stalinist Period there was a political concept known as the 'Party Line" which essentially meant the will of Stalin, what Stalin wanted, what would be tolerated by Stalin, what would keep one in the good graces of Stalin, etc. and so on and so forth.

People who betrayed the 'Party Line' who disputed the 'Party Line', who did not adhere to or follow the 'Party Line' were isolated and many if not most eventually wound up in some Gulag in Siberia if they escaped the more expedient punishment of a firing squad at dawn in the Lubyyanka prison.

Now we have not yet reached that point here in America but we are on the path that leads to that extremist position....the party line in America now is unquestionably known as 'Political Correctness'---now while we do not have a area here comparable to 'Siberia' we do have a huge penal colony...whose conditions though not as terrible as the ones in the Soviet Gulag are horrendous enough....and those unfortunate enough to go there for whatever reason know that full well. George Zimmerman could easily have wound up there...and might yet if Eric Holder has his way...which seems unlikely now...but stranger things have happened.

Now on the various boards Political Correctness is a well known concept though even on the more politically astute boards...a great many do not understand what it really means.
I am not going to go into it much on this thread as I do not want to make this too long but I will come back to it eventually.....but a perfect example of adherence to a 'party line' aka political correctness....here in America...... was the eruption of dismay demonstrated by the media, celebrities and of course our largest minority...all united, conformed and dedicated to a concerted effort to demonize not only Z but the court appointed jury, the rule of law...specifically ---- the Florida Law under which he was liberated.

The big difference though in the American adherence to a 'party line'....is that most of this was done for 'social' rather than political reasons...by social reasons....I mean conforming to what ones friends and associates agree with(known as political correctness) in order to maintain one's social position or to improve one's social position and of course if you are a entertainer...to improve or maintain your popularity.

Yet this phenomenon is easily carried over to politics and often is....the 'religion of political correctness' continues to expand its power even though it swept the nation some time ago.

Very few now are willing to oppose it....thus the mess in our congress...and the unwillingness of Congress to stand up for what is best for America....knowing full well the risk to their political career if they dare oppose political correctness.

Forum List

Back