Are We A Doomed Nation???

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
The Decline of Morality in Our Society
By Pete Fisher (10/05/05)

The other day I was talking with a man who is worried about his 15 year old daughter. His concern came when he found she was seeing a young man of 21 in an inappropriate manner, and his daughter could not see anything wrong with the relationship no matter how hard this man tried to explain it. And as we were talking about this at a function weeks later, one of the teenagers who overheard our discussion on the topic also saw no problem, and went on to inform us how things like this occur on a daily basis in and away from school, and began to boast how he could have sex with just about any girl from the age of 14 on up with no problem.

He explained the different sites where ads are put out for free, where anyone can write about anything that can be concocted in the human mind, and get replies. I asked him for the site, and he gave it to me. It was then I decided to browse through and actually see one of the most shocking sites I have ever seen. On the outside, it looks like a fairly innocent trader magazine type site, with people selling cars, furniture, electronics, and labor services. But one can go to the Personals section and look under the various types of personal ads beginning with the typical men and women seeking each other, etc. Then it goes into the homosexual and other misc. sections. What I saw were people posting their ads, some with nasty pictures included, requesting things with other people I had no idea of. But my teenage friend was correct. The ads had young women and men attempting to sell themselves for money or drugs, and whatever else.

The appalling thing to me was that this site is free, and has nothing except a button that allows the user to claim they are of legal age before entering. Any child can easily walk right in and read some of the most deranged postings that can be conceived. But it was not just the teenagers that bothered me; I saw many posts for married people looking for trysts and other strange requests. Many of these people were between their mid-twenties and on into their forties.

There were young women who wanted to stay married, yet wanted to glean extra money on the side by selling their various services, and married men who posted desires to exchange money for those similar acts. I will not even get into the rest of what was there. But it made me look deeper at why so many people, especially our youth, are so enamored with sex and money to the point they would cheapen themselves and think it perfectly alright. And of course there are many reasons I believe. The Liberal views that took root in the 60’s have begun coming to full fruition. The Sexual Revolution as the Womens Movement called it took hold. How they ever figured it would benefit women is beyond me, but they pushed it. Then the Gay movements arrived, and took hold in a militant form that has an agenda to have our children taught that their lifestyle is just fine, and should be explored. Reading some of those ads, it also became evident that roots had strongly taken in our society. It is quite evident that having “fun” is more important than traditional; values such as hard work and fidelity.

Then the massive thrust of television and theaters that taught these same people that sex, and alternative lifestyles, marital infidelity, and divorce are all to be accepted as normal. The violence from Hollywood has also inundated the minds of our society, and has taken root as well. And even further, is the Liberal PC movement that takes into regard many of these lifestyles and embraces them as acceptable, all the while bashing Christianity and its value system. We have allowed in this nation to have the Bible, and mention of Christian values taken from society and have allowed all these other immoral and destructive behaviors and lifestyles to become seen as normal.

Yet, women are finding now that the militant Feminist movement has trapped them rather than liberated them. We now have many more abortions, many more single women trying to raise children due to divorce, or never having been married at all because for decades, this has been rewarded by one sided divorce rulings that offered no consequence for infidelity or real abuse. Why commit to marriage when divorce is so easy and so profitable?

We have allowed Hollywood to flood our homes with garbage sitcoms and movies that endorse and glorify these strange values. And we have allowed the alternative lifestyles to be taught to our children as acceptable, because God forbid we ever be called Homophobes by the Left thinkers.

And in this age of technology and mass media where we have to power and ability to use these things for the good of our society, we use them for its corruption and degradation. And we see the battle everywhere now, in our homes, in the office, in schools, in the court systems, and in our politics. And for anyone who has a sense of decency and morality, this is heart breaking at best.

And the Conservative Voice must be heard again in this nation. We need to disregard PC, disregard the small minority who wants God from our society and gladly pay for one way tickets to a Communist nation where those ideals are favored. We need to demand a moral government and we need to hold those politicians responsible for their example. Bill Clinton himself no doubt had a huge impact when he basically proclaimed that what he did was no big deal. To cheat on ones’ wife, to humiliate the office of President, to lie about it, our children saw and absorbed. After that episode, I talked to many teens who felt it was no problem as well and also took on those traits. Our children, our future, and they are of the mind set that infidelity is acceptable and just run from problems by divorcing or aborting human life is just fine when the going gets tough. We see our daughters and sons degrading each other, and we see wives becoming prostitutes and husbands refusing to live as men as an example to their children and wives.
We see a nation of self centered ideology where the upcoming generations desire all their parents have without the hard work. We have a very large population of young men in their 20’s and 30’s still living at home with little ambition. Because they know when the parents are gone they will inherit what they now have. Why become educated? Why work? Just have fun until Pay Day arrives in the form of a funeral. Why get a job when there are so many men willing to pay for a womans’ body? Why stay married when things get shaky, when a divorce and another spouse will make everything better?

We have seen to roots of Liberalism take a strong hold, and we are now reaping the fruits of it in our society. Because a nation is no stronger than its family structure I do not care how wealthy or powerful. Rome fell to decadence and Liberalism, and extreme taxation, and they last for 1200 years. We have achieved that decadence and immorality in just 200 years. This in the area of mathematical probability means we will also fall much faster if we do not return to our original roots. And as it says in Deuteronomy about the nation that walks from God, our children will be servants of the foreigners, our food that we grow will be eaten by those who do not inhabit the land, we will see diseases that cannot be controlled or cured, and eventually we shall ebb into the past where Babylon, Alexandra, Rome, and others have passed before us.
Or we will reclaim our roots and our morality and take back what has been stolen from us by the Liberal and immoral tenets that have soaked the minds of the generations coming up after us

Or the roots that we now step over will strangle the life of this nation.

http://www.americandaily.com/article/9573

Good article, Bonnie. I can identify with everything Fisher wrote about in his article, and I'll bet almost everyone else on this board can as well. If we continue along our current path, I am afraid we are a doomed nation. Why the Moral Majority does not fight the liberal/secular minority's agenda with the same strength of purpose is beyond my understanding. I have really been disappointed with our representatives in Washington who apparently think it is more important to get re-elected than it is to stand up and be counted against the moral erosion of our nation.

we are doomed in the sense that nothing lasts forever, that the planet will eventually be swallowed by the sun going red giant. So yes we are doomed.

deaddude said:
we are doomed in the sense that nothing lasts forever, that the planet will eventually be swallowed by the sun going red giant. So yes we are doomed.

Garsh that's a happy thought :laugh:
I do think we have some time before that happens, unless of course we get hit by a giant comet :eek:

Bonnie said:
Garsh that's a happy thought :laugh:
I do think we have some time before that happens, unless of course we get hit by a giant comet :eek:

What about intelligent destruction?

Bonnie said:
The Decline of Morality in Our Society
By Pete Fisher (10/05/05)
http://www.americandaily.com/article/9573

This topic is so depressing. Your article prompted me to look up again why Rome fell and this was a rather interesting summary:

http://mars.acnet.wnec.edu/~grempel/courses/wc1/lectures/14romefell.html

Rather telling is this paragraph regarding the end results:
But there was no escape from the relentless regimentation which pervaded all aspects of life. For regimentation was the end-result of the abdication of political freedom and of the pursuit of materialism. The welfare state had become a despotism. This new and dreary type of empire still possessed sufficient power to hold the frontiers against the barbarians for another century.

Nothing lasts forever baby! I think we've still got a few hundred more years left in the old stars and stripes though. Then hopefully globalization will come to fruition with prosperity for all.

Hagbard Celine said:
Nothing lasts forever baby! I think we've still got a few hundred more years left in the old stars and stripes though. Then hopefully globalization will come to fruition with prosperity for all.

First, let me say, I know when you say globalization you mean one big happy government for the world - not the WTO freetrade kind. Now I will begin:

Why are you hoping for globalization? Are you really dumb? Are you Chinese or Indian?

You realize that a global democracy will result in the US and Western Europe being ransacked and pillaged by the poor and lazy people of the East.

How? They will vote to take our wealth and they will win because they have a plurality of people and a majority when they ally with the rest of the 3rd world.

Am I being reasonable? Yes. Has a poor idiot in America ever voted to get less welfare or increase their own taxes? NO! Do they vote to take more of the hard earned wealth of others? YES!

Well, I for one will not tolerate it. It is bad enough that we do not have voting restrictions in this country, but I will die before I join some global hippy commune and stand united next to likes of you.

You suck, and so do the rest of your commie red shithead friends.

And by the way you naïve dope - there will never propersity for everyone, because there is a scarce amount of good stuff to go around and I want all of it.

Hagbard Celine said:
You're an intolerant, xenophobic racist.

Reprise:

head-in-sand.jpg

elephant said:
First, let me say, I know when you say globalization you mean one big happy government for the world - not the WTO freetrade kind. Now I will begin:

Why are you hoping for globalization? Are you really dumb? Are you Chinese or Indian?

You realize that a global democracy will result in the US and Western Europe being ransacked and pillaged by the poor and lazy people of the East.

How? They will vote to take our wealth and they will win because they have a plurality of people and a majority when they ally with the rest of the 3rd world.

Am I being reasonable? Yes. Has a poor idiot in America ever voted to get less welfare or increase their own taxes? NO! Do they vote to take more of the hard earned wealth of others? YES!

Well, I for one will not tolerate it. It is bad enough that we do not have voting restrictions in this country, but I will die before I join some global hippy commune and stand united next to likes of you.

You suck, and so do the rest of your commie red shithead friends.

And by the way you naïve dope - there will never propersity for everyone, because there is a scarce amount of good stuff to go around and I want all of it.

Get in line, punk.

Central Europe’s Productivity Imperative - September 28, 2005 :D

Forum List

Back