Are USMB LWers along with Politico Willing To Admit the Hitech Lynching of Cain?

Riiiight.

Like there's no motivation for a left wing hack to "get behind" an early smear campaign effort.

If they can help pick-off the opposition's possible nominees this early, then they can fight their preferred opposition-candidate somewhere down the road.

To the limited extent that it seems likely that a Republican or two is behind the present smear campaign, I don't mind agreeing with you. But even so, that doesn't rule out the prospect that a left wing Democratic might not be offering some behind the scenes assistance. If it can be seen as something of value to them, you can bet they'd do so. Gladly. And if they can then lay the "blame" solely (but inaccurately) at the doorstep of some GOP candidate or supporter, so much the better.

Liberals would save it for the general election, assuming Cain got that far.

Republicans are trying to keep Cain from getting that far. That's why it happened when it did.

That's not necessarily true.

A good forward thinking left winger might save it for later. That's a plausible option.

But a left winger MIGHT also (just as ligically) feel an incentive to use it now, to breed some good solid right wing in-fighting. Pick off the right wing candidates early on who might pose an eventual real threat. Get them to do it to each other.

This aint rocket science. Keeping the powder dry for future use is a wonderful notion, but so is using a little sprinkle of your powder now in order to get your political opponents to do your dirty work FOR you, on the cheap, nice and early.

How much more convenient would it be -- could it be -- than to get the RW opponents to PICK the very candidate whom you feel is the easiest to defeat down the road?

So, your read on it is plausible. Congrats.

But you aren't necessarily correct.

The GOP candidates were already squabbling like a bunch of school kids. Or haven't you seen the debates.

If it wasn't someone from the RNC or one of the other campaigns who leaked the story, it might have been someone who previously worked with Cain back in his NRA days and knew about what had happened (perhaps an old friend of one of the women or someone else on the NRA board who butted heads with Cain). But I seriously doubt it was a Democrat operative who leaked the story because Cain is their dream opponent, and they wouldn't dream of doing anything to knock him out of the nomination race.

Riiiight.

Like there's no motivation for a left wing hack to "get behind" an early smear campaign effort.

If they can help pick-off the opposition's possible nominees this early, then they can fight their preferred opposition-candidate somewhere down the road.

To the limited extent that it seems likely that a Republican or two is behind the present smear campaign, I don't mind agreeing with you. But even so, that doesn't rule out the prospect that a left wing Democratic might not be offering some behind the scenes assistance. If it can be seen as something of value to them, you can bet they'd do so. Gladly. And if they can then lay the "blame" solely (but inaccurately) at the doorstep of some GOP candidate or supporter, so much the better.

Republicans are trying to keep Cain from getting that far. That's why it happened when it did.

A good forward thinking left winger might save it for later. That's a plausible option.

But a left winger MIGHT also (just as ligically) feel an incentive to use it now, to breed some good solid right wing in-fighting. Pick off the right wing candidates early on who might pose an eventual real threat. Get them to do it to each other.

This aint rocket science. Keeping the powder dry for future use is a wonderful notion, but so is using a little sprinkle of your powder now in order to get your political opponents to do your dirty work FOR you, on the cheap, nice and early.

How much more convenient would it be -- could it be -- than to get the RW opponents to PICK the very candidate whom you feel is the easiest to defeat down the road?

Or then again...

The rightwing power brokers may be saying...."Holy shit.....we might get stuck with this guy"

Which is more plausible?

Or then again...

The rightwing power brokers may be saying...."Holy shit.....we might get stuck with this guy"

Which is more plausible?

If that's the case, why did Cain set a fundraising record last week?

Or then again...

Which is more plausible?

If that's the case, why did Cain set a fundraising record last week?
Rally effect.

Since the Cain camp thinks the Perry camp was behind this,

that would make the Perry camp the racists. The leaders of the lynch mob.

Actually, the focus is now on Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel for being the point of origin. Perry said on television he and his staff whom he questioned learned about Cain's accusation against him from media sources.

Rally effect.

this is really pissing me off. I've been hoping Romney would win Iowa. I hope Cain fizzles some way... somehow.
Maybe during the debate tonight he'll come up with some more Pokemon tidbits of wisdom.

I just thought of something. maybe you can help me develop it.. When I was in school, we learned something in math about "Casting out nines". .. as in 9-9-9 plan.

Or then again...

Which is more plausible?

Oh, the horror. A man they can't control?

Or, more likely, the left wing power brokers are merely concerned that they may find Mr. Cain too difficult to defeat. So, they figure, maybe, it's best to "get" him now.

Or then again...

Which is more plausible?

Or, more likely, the left wing power brokers are merely concerned that they may find Mr. Cain too difficult to defeat. So, they figure, maybe, it's best to "get" him now.

I don't think he'll be difficult to defeat.

The middle/indies won't vote for him.

Or then again...

Which is more plausible?

Sure they will. If the "choice" is a conservative guy who speaks plainly and makes some sense or a proven failure of a liberal who spends money our great grandkids can't afford, they will absolutely support the conservative.

He will be a formidable candidate if he can get the nomination.

And frankly, I think the Obama henchmen know as much already.

Sure they will. If the "choice" is a conservative guy who speaks plainly and makes some sense or a proven failure of a liberal who spends money our great grandkids can't afford, they will absolutely support the conservative.

He will be a formidable candidate if he can get the nomination.

And frankly, I think the Obama henchmen know as much already.

Instead of having very little experience like obama DID, he has no experience whatsoever.

this is really pissing me off. I've been hoping Romney would win Iowa. I hope Cain fizzles some way... somehow.
Maybe during the debate tonight he'll come up with some more Pokemon tidbits of wisdom.

I just thought of something. maybe you can help me develop it.. When I was in school, we learned something in math about "Casting out nines". .. as in 9-9-9 plan.
I still like it in the original German.

Nein Nein Nein!

Or then again...

Which is more plausible?

To be honest this "scandal" is the only thing they really have to hurt him with so I understand the main stream media hammering on it due to their bias against conservatives.

I don't think its because cain is black, I think its because cain is conservative.

Or then again...

Which is more plausible?

To be honest this "scandal" is the only thing they really have to hurt him with so I understand the main stream media hammering on it due to their bias against conservatives.

I don't think its because cain is black, I think its because cain is conservative.

I don't think it would play out much differently if he were white. He is a conservative; he is not governmentally experienced; he is fairly plain spoken; he has charisma. He thus represents an electoral threat. So yea, regardless of skin color, I think they would have gone after him. On the other hand, being a black man who refuses to stay on the lib plantation doesn't help him any, either.

Lynching because he just happens to be another political player with sexual allegations that come out to the forefront?

Tell that to all the cock starved conservatives and the whore happy liberals who had their careers tarnished in exactly the same ways.

The media will grasp onto a sexual scandal no matter who the players are if they think they can get somewhere with it, and that's a fact. Anybody who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

Last edited:
The confidentiality agreement has been lifted, and STILL no one comes forward to say anything about Herman Cain's conduct. Meanwhile, the left wing rag Politico has run 90 STORIES smearing Cain demonstrating nothing but sleazy, racist, leftist tactics in an attempt to destroy a leading republican presidential contender because he's BLACK. The ugly, deeply rooted, racist roots of the democrat party are really rearing their nasty head on this one.

http://www.news4jax.com/election-20...-revisiting-case/-/1875986/4445738/-/e2054/-/

Herman Cain accuser stands by complaint, won't go public - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Politico publishes 90 stories on Cain scandal | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner
Because he's BLACK? Really? Not because he's a political neophyte? Not because he's a Conservative? Not because he's too goofy for prime time? But because he's BLACK? Really?

I think someone is playing the victim/race card too early in the game. I can trump the race card with the truth card.

The confidentiality agreement has been lifted, and STILL no one comes forward to say anything about Herman Cain's conduct. Meanwhile, the left wing rag Politico has run 90 STORIES smearing Cain demonstrating nothing but sleazy, racist, leftist tactics in an attempt to destroy a leading republican presidential contender because he's BLACK. The ugly, deeply rooted, racist roots of the democrat party are really rearing their nasty head on this one.

http://www.news4jax.com/election-20...-revisiting-case/-/1875986/4445738/-/e2054/-/

Herman Cain accuser stands by complaint, won't go public - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Politico publishes 90 stories on Cain scandal | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner
Because he's BLACK? Really? Not because he's a political neophyte? Not because he's a Conservative? Not because he's too goofy for prime time? But because he's BLACK? Really?

I think someone is playing the victim/race card too early in the game. I can trump the race card with the truth card.

You can't even identify a truth card.