Are truths relative or absolute?

We have no choice but to believe our perceptions and thoughts. Even doubt would be subjective and pure speculation.
The problem is that few people seem aware of this simple truth and, so, live lives that testify to their delusion of objective truth and reality. Worse, they insist that 'others' (the humans they perceive, or at least believe they perceive, around them) have the same perceptions and reactions.

If we are here for anything, it is indeed to enjoy the ride.

I already took the 'out' option.

Last edited:
If truths are relative and subject to perception then these words are meaningless.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

I'm glad liberals have enlightened us as to how easily these "rights" can be taken away.

If truths are relative and subject to perception then these words are meaningless.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

I'm glad liberals have enlightened us as to how easily these "rights" can be taken away.

I don't think they can be taken away, just Violated. Those Rights do not come from Government, so it is not for Government to take them away. Government also, can't be everywhere. True though, Unalienable Rights may be recognized and defended by a Just Government.

"If truths are relative and subject to perception then these words are meaningless.

I'm glad liberals have enlightened us as to how easily these "rights" can be taken away."

Ontological freak-out.

Forum List

Back