Are Time and Mark Halperin Racist? Herman Cain Omitted Twice in GOP Oddsmaking

Let's go down the line as to why Cain won't win the GOP nomination, shall we?

Cain supported the TARP bailouts (though Paul Ryan did too) and still does:

Political positions of Herman Cain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cain supported the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) bank bailouts as a way to save the economy, viewing it as an investment opportunity for the taxpayers. In a 2008 editorial, Cain wrote, "Owning a part of the major banks in America is not a bad thing. We could make a profit while solving a problem."[1] In May 2011, regarding his TARP support, Cain said "I don’t have any regrets . . . I studied the situation. I didn’t have trouble with the idea; I had trouble with its implementation, picking winners and losers."[2]

Supporting TARP and a bailout in general is not popular within the GOP currently.

He doesn't believe there is a need to audit the federal reserve and believes in returning to the Gold Standard as previously mentioned. This will lose him some votes, especially those who are deciding between him and Ron Paul.

He calls Social Security a scam and wants to reform the system using "free market solutions". That will lose him some votes with older voters.

He opposes Abortion in all cases as previously mentioned and also wants to ban Gay Marriage through DOMA on a federal level. Clearly a Conservative who has no problem using the power of Big Government to circumvent states rights when he feels necessary.

As for foreign policy, he is no different in his position than the majority of other candidates. Supports Israel, opposes the New Start treaty, doesn't like Iran or North Korea, etc.

He supports Paul Ryan's budget plan which will lose him more votes, especially with the older demographic.

As previously mentioned, he says he would feel uncomfortable with appointing a Muslim to a federal position. This will drive away moderates.

Conclusion: As previously stated, in a field where star power helps, Cain is no different for the most part from your average run-of-the-mill social Conservative. What sets him apart from most of the field is his business experience. However, in a field that has Mitt Romney, this will lose some of its luster. I would be surprised if he ends up polling more than 5% in the primaries, and I would be definitely surprised if he polls more than 10%.

He omitted Mickey Mouse as well. I guess he left out the ones who didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting the nod.

Herman Cain has no shot of being the Republican nominee.

Why not?

This ought to be hilarious. Ten to one it has something to do with "conservative racism". :lol:

Of course it does. You guys like having Cain around because you think it absolves you when you run around throwing racist crap at President Obama, but you aren't going to actually vote for him when the rubber meets the road.
I was right. Hilarious!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You know, you should feel pretty stupid for letting Janeane Garofalo do your thinking for you, because she's not any good at it. :lol:

OK....All conservative offended that nobody is putting odds on Cain winning the Presidency

I'll open the bidding

10000-1 against him winning

Last edited:
He omitted Mickey Mouse as well. I guess he left out the ones who didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting the nod.

Herman Cain has no shot of being the Republican nominee.

Why not?

This ought to be hilarious. Ten to one it has something to do with "conservative racism". :lol:

The race card again? :doubt:
Yes -- from your side. And I haven't read the rest of the thread, but I'll be shocked if you got on to Polk for playing the race card. And yourself, too.

Are Time and Mark Halperin Racist? Herman Cain Omitted Twice in GOP Oddsmaking
Twice in the last two weeks has Time magazine devoted a page to Mark Halperin's oddsmaking on who will be the Republican nominee -- the May 23 issue (page 35) and the June 6 issue (page 16). Twice, there's been no mention of Herman Cain. The GOP cast of contenders is lily-white. This seems odd, since Cain participated in the first presidential debate on May 5 to high praise and formally announced on May 21. Are Time and Halperin racists? They can't say they're unaware that Cain is running.

They can't say that Cain is too much of a long shot. In the first set of odds, Halperin put Michele Bachmann at 1,000-to-1. (The best odds in order were to Romney, Huckabee, Daniels, Pawlenty, Huntsman, Gingrich, and Palin, second to last at 60 to 1.) In the second set, Huckabee and Daniels were removed from the list, and Santorum (at 500 to 1) and Ron Paul (at 2,000 to 1) were added. Bachmann was still at 1,000 to 1. Halperin also added "Mystery Candidate" -- but named those (Rick Perry, Chris Christie, Paul Ryan, and Jeb Bush.)

Time magazine should really have to explain this remarkable (double) oversight of a black Republican.​

Interesting. Is Time engaging in magical thinking: "If I don't look at it, it's not there!"?

Silly rabbit, only Conservatives and Libertarians can be racists. Don't you know that?!
I keep hearing that from the left, yes.

Why not?

Of course it does. You guys like having Cain around because you think it absolves you when you run around throwing racist crap at President Obama, but you aren't going to actually vote for him when the rubber meets the road.

You know, you should feel pretty stupid for letting Janeane Garofalo do your thinking for you, because she's not any good at it. :lol:

Don't need to. Claiming you can't be racist because you have a black friend in the oldest trick in the book.

Don't need to. Claiming you can't be racist because you have a black friend in the oldest trick in the book.
Uh huh. So, you've got your closed, narrow little mind made up that conservatives are racist based on the lies you've been told for decades by the left playing divisive identity politics.

Why is it you consider yourself intelligent, by the way? :confused:

RNC had Steele. Fox has Juan Williams. :doubt:

Are Time and Mark Halperin Racist? Herman Cain Omitted Twice in GOP Oddsmaking.

They may very well be racist – it may also be an editorial decision based upon the fact Cain won’t win the nomination, for the abundant reasons already noted in this thread.

MSNBC has...

Oh, wait. There are no minorities on the air there. Maybe cleaning the bathrooms...?

MSNBC has...

Oh, wait. There are no minorities on the air there. Maybe cleaning the bathrooms...?

Steele is an MSNBC contributor now.
Jonathan Capehart is on Morning Joe more days than not.
Ron Christie is a frequent contributor on Hardball.
Oh, and Cenk Uygur hosts a show.

Uh huh. So, you've got your closed, narrow little mind made up that conservatives are racist based on the lies you've been told for decades by the left playing divisive identity politics.

Why is it you consider yourself intelligent, by the way? :confused:

I know what I've seen with my own two eyes and heard with my own two ears. I've seen the rallies with tea partiers holding up signs claiming the President is "robbin for the hood" and in African tribal dress. I've heard Reagan's secretary of the education say we need to abort black babies before they become criminals. I've seen a now-sitting senator say he'd bring back segregation if he could. I've heard a now-former senator say that if only segregation still existed, we'd be a better country today.

Forum List

Back