Are Time and Mark Halperin Racist? Herman Cain Omitted Twice in GOP Oddsmaking

daveman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2010
On the way to the Dark Tower.
Twice in the last two weeks has Time magazine devoted a page to Mark Halperin's oddsmaking on who will be the Republican nominee -- the May 23 issue (page 35) and the June 6 issue (page 16). Twice, there's been no mention of Herman Cain. The GOP cast of contenders is lily-white. This seems odd, since Cain participated in the first presidential debate on May 5 to high praise and formally announced on May 21. Are Time and Halperin racists? They can't say they're unaware that Cain is running.

They can't say that Cain is too much of a long shot. In the first set of odds, Halperin put Michele Bachmann at 1,000-to-1. (The best odds in order were to Romney, Huckabee, Daniels, Pawlenty, Huntsman, Gingrich, and Palin, second to last at 60 to 1.) In the second set, Huckabee and Daniels were removed from the list, and Santorum (at 500 to 1) and Ron Paul (at 2,000 to 1) were added. Bachmann was still at 1,000 to 1. Halperin also added "Mystery Candidate" -- but named those (Rick Perry, Chris Christie, Paul Ryan, and Jeb Bush.)

Time magazine should really have to explain this remarkable (double) oversight of a black Republican.​

Interesting. Is Time engaging in magical thinking: "If I don't look at it, it's not there!"?

Evidence that denial isn't a river in Eygpt? Possibly. It kinda blows that whole 'republicans are racist' thing out of the water... and that is a truth that the left do not like.

Herman Cain out-polled all other Republican candidates in a Georgia poll...even the goofy Newt Gingrinch, a fellow Georgian and former Speaker of the House!

Herman Cain is a successful business man and former CEO...tells it like it is...knows how to make wise decisions based on business principles rather than cronyism...something that we need at the helm of this country.

Go Herman!

The Dems and their liberal media should be very afraid of the Republicans nominating a "plantation" black man that succeeded quite well on his own efforts rather than have positions handed to him by a grooming board of handlers.

They may ignore him for some time, but not for long.

He may become our first real black President!

Last edited:
Herman Cain has no shot of being the Republican nominee.

Yes because you are so insightful. That is such a stupid thing to say.

Where was Obama this time in the election in 2008. Who would have thought someone name Barak Hussien Obama would get elected.

But hey haters gonna hate.

Evidence that denial isn't a river in Eygpt? Possibly. It kinda blows that whole 'republicans are racist' thing out of the water... and that is a truth that the left do not like.

Well....if that's the case let's see Republicans vote for Cain in large numbers in the primaries.

Right now, he wouldn't reach double digits

As far as I can see he also omitted announced Republican candidate Gary Johnson.

I was under the impression he's white. :lol:
So then Halperin is just stupid.

Okay, thanks. Cleared that up.

No, you're stupid for trying to play the race card without doing a minutes worth of thinking first.
It's not like you'd recognize thinking when you saw it.

I copied the headline that I found. I guess you'll just have to get over it. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not a river in Egypt! That's a good one

Did you make that one up or steal it from Richard Simmons?

He omitted Mickey Mouse as well. I guess he left out the ones who didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting the nod.

Herman Cain has no shot of being the Republican nominee.

Why not?

This ought to be hilarious. Ten to one it has something to do with "conservative racism". :lol:

Of course it does. You guys like having Cain around because you think it absolves you when you run around throwing racist crap at President Obama, but you aren't going to actually vote for him when the rubber meets the road.

uH...Micheal Steele was the RNC chair...remember..and that side is still racist. He was a clown and we all knew exactly why he was there.

This Cain only lets that side say, hey, we have a black friend so we are not racists anymore. Just like you just did.

See how this works.

As far as I can see he also omitted announced Republican candidate Gary Johnson.

I was under the impression he's white. :lol:

STop being a racist.

Oh and Cain running for president as a republican will really go over well in W. Virginia, Mississippi, Kentucky, Alabama etc. It will remind that party just how racist it really is.

I would love to see it. I really would.

Twice in the last two weeks has Time magazine devoted a page to Mark Halperin's oddsmaking on who will be the Republican nominee -- the May 23 issue (page 35) and the June 6 issue (page 16). Twice, there's been no mention of Herman Cain. The GOP cast of contenders is lily-white. This seems odd, since Cain participated in the first presidential debate on May 5 to high praise and formally announced on May 21. Are Time and Halperin racists? They can't say they're unaware that Cain is running.

They can't say that Cain is too much of a long shot. In the first set of odds, Halperin put Michele Bachmann at 1,000-to-1. (The best odds in order were to Romney, Huckabee, Daniels, Pawlenty, Huntsman, Gingrich, and Palin, second to last at 60 to 1.) In the second set, Huckabee and Daniels were removed from the list, and Santorum (at 500 to 1) and Ron Paul (at 2,000 to 1) were added. Bachmann was still at 1,000 to 1. Halperin also added "Mystery Candidate" -- but named those (Rick Perry, Chris Christie, Paul Ryan, and Jeb Bush.)

Time magazine should really have to explain this remarkable (double) oversight of a black Republican.​

Interesting. Is Time engaging in magical thinking: "If I don't look at it, it's not there!"?

Silly rabbit, only Conservatives and Libertarians can be racists. Don't you know that?!

The majority of the time I see Cain being mentioned on this board it's either:

A.) He's a successful businessman.

B.) Used to beat Liberals over the head with imaginary racism arguments.

As Polk said, when the rubber meets the road, the majority of Conservatives will not vote for Cain.

As I detail why here:

Be fearful of CoCain arrogant liberal. He will knock Obama's socks off and the Obama crowd won't be able to use their solo weapon, the race card!

You're assuming he'd win the nomination.

Do you know Cain doesn't support an audit of the Federal Reserve?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiAkeFJXwUk]YouTube - No Need To Audit the Federal Reserve According to Herman Cain[/ame]

That will make him lose a segment of the Republican Party.

The fact he's African American will also make him lose a smaller segment of the GOP who are still stuck in the 1950's.

He's also a supporter of the Gold Standard which will lose him some votes. He also opposes Abortion, even in the case of rape and incest.

He's also willing to discriminate against Muslims and not allow them into his cabinet. Between his views on Abortion and this, he'll lose a good portion of the moderate vote in the GOP.

In a field where he would come off as just another Social Conservative Republican who panders to the base, nothing stands out about him as a candidate. In that case, those with the largest name power will have the advantage.

Anyone who is willing to vote for Cain is more likely to vote for either Mitt Romney or Ron Paul first. Especially since those same people likely supported either candidate in 2008.

Forum List

Back