Are things better than 4 years ago? You Betcha!

Decepticon

Rookie
Jan 11, 2012
Remember the dark days of start the Bush Depression?
Remember how people were worried they were gonna lose EVERYTHING?
There was talk of bank closings. Panic on Wall Street.
700,000 jobs lost in the month prior to Obama taking office.
People were freaking the hell out!

Look at today.
Complaints that the markets haven't recovered FAST enough yet.

I'd say, considering where BushCo left us, we're not doing so bad.
God knows, if "the fundamentals of our economy are sound" old man McCain would have gotten in there, who KNOWS where we'd be today. Probably waiting in a bread line.

Is a bigger hole better?

I guess its all a matter of perception and who you talk to.

Last edited:
Credit downgrade? You betcha!

Annual trillion dollar deficits are now a yawn? You betcha!

Record debt, deficits, poverty, foreclosures and unemployment (which ironically enough stimulates the economy - go figure) You betcha!

Obama historic Fuck up? You betcha!

Interesting.... because the Economists who predicted the meltdown.... they disagree with your assessment that things are better. In fact, they are warning that we have worse yet to come. And it has jack shit to do with our politicians.... it's just economics.

Interesting.... because the Economists who predicted the meltdown.... they disagree with your assessment that things are better. In fact, they are warning that we have worse yet to come. And it has jack shit to do with our politicians.... it's just economics.
...and the economics of this country today are driven by spending, borrowing, spending, borrowing, spending....BOTH of which are being exponentially increased by Barack Obama and the goons he has appointed to high paying positions (Czars, no less)

This country is being raped by Barack Hussein Obama and his loyal liberals.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Anyone that thinks we are better off under the "leadership" of BHO is a blithering IDIOT!

Things are not better yet. There are still more unemployed than when the President took office. Some partisan hacks would have you believe Obama is to blame for all 6 or 7 million people who lost their jobs, retroactively applying some weird time travel culpability beam. Or something.

But the fact remains there are something like 1.8 million more people unemployed than when he took office. And until the economy is back on track and everyone is back to work, no one can say things are better to those people's faces.

We also have a whole new entitlement program which is going to bankrupt not only the federal government, but also all 50 state governments. Forget about just taxing the rich more, we are going to have to tax your wife and children and your fricking dog and pet goldfish to pay for ObamaCare.

And then there was that whole State invading the Church thing. A real fuckup, that was.

The stock market is certainly better off than when Obama took office. It is much, much, higher. So the rich are still getting richer. Good for them.

On the foreign policy front, the war in Iraq is pretty much wound down. That's better.

Things in Afghanistan haven't changed much.

Osama bin Laden is dead. And no matter what my fellow right wing hacks have to say about, all glory to Obama for that one.

I also believe Obama is following a very careful roadmap to some kind of military action against Iran. Whether or not that is his actual plan, he is taking exactly the right steps toward that end. I have no doubt if a Republican were in the White House he would be doing exactly the same thing, and no one on the right would raise even the slightest bitchy little peep of disagreement over this current course of action. All the i's are being dotted and all the t's are being crossed. The United States of America has learned a thing or two from the last two conflicts and is now making all the right moves about Iran.

And I believe Iran knows this and will eventually make concessions because of it, making war unneccessary.

So all in all, I think Obama is a pretty good foreign policy President, but a really shitty domestic policy President.

See, when Ronald Reagan asked, "Are you better off now than you were four years ago?" there were no gray areas. We were clearly worse off. And that is why he won in a landslide.

Then, four years later, when he asked again, we were clearly better off. There was a stark contrast between Then and Now. And so he won in an even bigger landslide.

Well, Obama won because Bush completely fucked us in the ass. We were clearly worse off, and anyone with an R after their name had no chance of winning the Big Chair.

But we are not clearly better off now. The stark contrast just isn't there. And Obama is lucky the pain of ObamaCare has not yet hit us, or he'd be asking the mountains to fall on him and protect him.

Things are looking eeerily similar to the Summer of 2008 right now to me.
By end of the summer?

Things are not better yet. There are still more unemployed than when the President took office. Some partisan hacks would have you believe Obama is to blame for all 6 or 7 million people who lost their jobs, retroactively applying some weird time travel culpability beam. Or something.

But the fact remains there are something like 1.8 million more people unemployed than when he took office. And until the economy is back on track and everyone is back to work, no one can say things are better to those people's faces.

We also have a whole new entitlement program which is going to bankrupt not only the federal government, but also all 50 state governments. Forget about just taxing the rich more, we are going to have to tax your wife and children and your fricking dog and pet goldfish to pay for ObamaCare.

And then there was that whole State invading the Church thing. A real fuckup, that was.

The stock market is certainly better off than when Obama took office. It is much, much, higher. So the rich are still getting richer. Good for them.

On the foreign policy front, the war in Iraq is pretty much wound down. That's better.

Osama bin Laden is dead. And no matter what my fellow right wing hacks have to say about, all glory to Obama for that one.

I also believe Obama is following a very careful roadmap to some kind of military action against Iran. Whether or not that is his actual plan, he is taking exactly the right steps toward that end. I have no doubt if a Republican were in the White House he would be doing exactly the same thing, and no one on the right would raise even the slightest bitchy little peep of disagreement over this current course of action. All the i's are being dotted and all the t's are being crossed. The United States of America has learned a thing or two from the last two conflicts and is now making all the right moves about Iran.

And I believe Iran knows this and will eventually make concessions because of it, making war unneccessary.

So all in all, I think Obama is a pretty good foreign policy President, but a really shitty domestic policy President.

See, when Ronald Reagan asked, "Are you better off now than you were four years ago?" there were no gray areas. We were clearly worse off. And that is why he won in a landslide.

Then, four years later, when he asked again, we were clearly better off. There was a stark contrast between Then and Now. And so he won in an even bigger landslide.

Well, Obama won because Bush completely fucked us in the ass. We were clearly worse off, and anyone with an R after their name had no chance of winning the Big Chair.

But we are not clearly better off now. The stark contrast just isn't there. And Obama is lucky the pain of ObamaCare has not yet hit us, or he'd be asking the mountains to fall on him and protect him.

Fair assessment. As far as ObamaCare? Why do you think it was designed not to hit until after the 2012 election?

Is a bigger hole better?

I guess its all a matter of perception and who you talk to.

Imagine how much worse it could have been without Obama spending $5 trillion.

8.3 unemployment although the highest in 60 yrs is quite an accomplishment.

For the first time in this country's history we can't expect that our children will have a better life than we had. But who cares. Bring on another Greek economy and hope somebody likes us enough to bail us out.

Remember the dark days of start the Bush Depression?
Remember how people were worried they were gonna lose EVERYTHING?
There was talk of bank closings. Panic on Wall Street.
700,000 jobs lost in the month prior to Obama taking office.
People were freaking the hell out!

Look at today.
Complaints that the markets haven't recovered FAST enough yet.

I'd say, considering where BushCo left us, we're not doing so bad.
God knows, if "the fundamentals of our economy are sound" old man McCain would have gotten in there, who KNOWS where we'd be today. Probably waiting in a bread line.

Oh yes, things are far better with double the price of gas, inflation, $5,000,000,000,000 more debt, higher deficits, worthless $, home prices down 40%, 40,000,000 unemployed, 1/6 of the nation on public assistance, etc.

How did I miss how good things are under the Obama Economic Boom? A couple thousand tent cities would make the whole thing complete!

:lol:

Last edited:
Things are looking eeerily similar to the Summer of 2008 right now to me.
By end of the summer?

In the financial world there are definitely some parallels. But I do not believe the financial system is as flat-footed as it was in 2008. The governments and central banks around the world have been facilitating some astronomical carry trades so the financial houses can accumulate enough cash to write off their losses. This is happening at the expense of every saver in the Western world. The common man is still being robbed six ways to Sunday but remains only tangentially aware. Thus the neverending undercurrent of anger in every conversation.

The Euro crisis is just Phase II of the great financial derivatives fiasco of the 21st century. And so the financial houses will incur yet more losses that will require yet more facilitating by the central banks to help them muddle through. The Other Side is still a ways off. We are still very close to the abyss and can be shoved over the edge by an unrelated war or conflict or just sheer irrational herd panic over a bad thunderstorm one day.

Keep your wits sharp, your fingers crossed, the prayer candles burning, and your rifle loaded.

Last edited:
Ahhh.. the scare tactic rhetoric...

Lets see.. there was not a depression... People still have lost everything under Obamalama... Bailouts hurt us more than bank closings would have... We still have less jobs and ungodly unemployment thanks to Obamalama policies... People are still freaking out.... a normal market would have adjusted and recovered faster, but the slower recovery does have a lot to do with the Obamalama policies...

Not saying Bush was great or even good on things such as domestic economic policy and spending, but Obama is plain out horrid

Fair assessment. As far as ObamaCare? Why do you think it was designed not to hit until after the 2012 election?

Not exactly realistic.

Obama has been a total goat-fuck as far as his foreign policies. The media just isn't reporting on the damage he's doing for our image abroad. Sharia Law will be in effect in several new theocracies, thanks to Obama and his friends Bill Ayers & his wife. We're losing the war. He's kissing our enemies' asses, selling the farm, and declaring his defeats a victory.

This guy can take gold and turn it into sun bleached turds.

He claims he got Osama but deep-sixed the body before anyone could do an autopsy. No photographic proof has ever been produced. We just have to take some politician's word we got him. He could have shown them but chose not to. Why is everything this skinny fuck does such an abortion?

Last edited:
Our Problem with DC is the Liberals and the Republican GOP boys that have been in to long and become liberals. We need to vote all of them out. Question is who will we vote in? Can't be worse than what we have now that's for sure.

Maybe slightly better than 2 years ago ... definitely not better than 4 years ago.

Are these the same economists who predicted the meltdown so accurately? WHO are they?
Oh, we don't know because you don't say who they are or what they say EXACTLY.

Well, MY UNNAMED SOURCES tell ME that your sources, molest puppies and enjoy hearing their whimpers as they do so.
There. See how EASY that was?
Now, do you have something to say and SUBSTANTIATE or are you just going to spew nonsensical drivel that IS your uninformed opinion ?

And of course that's not even MENTIONING that you've essentially caved on my point....that things could be worse.

Forum List

Back