Are they Liable???

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
Child welfare workers second-guess stressful jobs - Yahoo! News

"I do not want to go to work every day afraid that I'm going to be arrested for doing my job, and right now that's how everybody feels and it's really scary," she said, her voice cracking.
Workers at child welfare agencies around the country tell similar stories of taxing, emotional and frustrating jobs that are low in pay and high in stress because of hostile families, tight budgets and overburdened court systems. Workers juggle several cases, make as little as $28,000 a year and usually burn out after a couple of years.
In Brooklyn, an investigator and supervisor for the New York City Administration for Children's Services are arguing they were too busy to record their work in the case of Marchella Pierce, who died after being beaten, drugged and starved to 18 pounds, about half of what a child her age should weigh. If and when they go to trial, a central issue will be whether city workers who fall down on the job should be held criminally responsible — and the outcome could set a precedent for how failures are handled in the future.

Um..how could a worker NOT notice a child that weighs about as much as a 2 month old???

In most cases they're so back logged they may never even see the child let alone follow up. Now someone want's to make them criminally liable, there's a great solution, let's make the problem 500 times worse by driving people out of the profession.
icon14.gif

New Topics

Forum List

Back