Are there superior intelligences out there?

Well compared to the dinosaurs we haven't been around for very long and I can imagine with our history that god is probably getting sick of us.

We are global warming his planet.

NASA Images Show Gradual Separation of Massive New Antarctic Iceberg

How intelligent are we?
Hidden Volcanoes Melt Antarctic Glaciers from Below
Now, a new study finds that these subglacial volcanoes and other geothermal "hotspots" are contributing to the melting of Thwaites Glacier, a major river of ice that flows into Antarctica's Pine Island Bay.
What the left doesn't tell their constituents definitely makes the believers not very intelligent who drink the liberal kool aid. While we who have an open mind, research why certain events do happen.

*By the way, with 33,000 unborn and born liberals being executed every month, soon, liberalism will be extinct. Then the world will be a better place.

WRONG! There's a vast area of ice in Antarctica – and if it collapses it will raise global sea levels by three metres

Professor Bertler said in a statement: “The Antarctic Peninsula is one of the fastest warming regions on Earth. Part of this warming comes from direct temperature increases in the atmosphere due to higher greenhouse gas concentrations and partly this is an indirect effect of ozone-destroying CFCs.”

She said the changes had caused warmer and drier westerly winds to shift south towards Antarctica, increasing the temperature.

“This has led to a strong warming of the Antarctic Peninsula which in turn causes the catastrophic collapse of numerous ice shelves, some of which have been shown to have existed for 10,000 years or more,” she said.

“Scientists who study processes in the atmosphere and climate have determined that this is due a change in storms over the Weddell Sea, which is itself due to changes in the atmosphere further north.

See what I mean about the Global Warming Religious Zelotry of the left. Give them scientific research on why the Antarctic Ice Shelf was melting, and they completely deny the science. And to think liberals call "US" deniers. Just cant get more stupid than a liberal. Yeah pay Al Gore millions of dollars to save the planet, and guess what, Al Gore is much richer, while you dumbasses are much poorer and we still have icebergs in the ocean.

You're what's wrong with the human race.
You're what's wrong with the human race.
366176.png

- Unknown? LOL

You seriously are what's wrong with the human race. I don't even want to know.

that are we to frogs?

Around 5 million years ago we stood up. I suppose another creature on another planet could have been developing longer than ours and have a bigger brain.

Then imagine they haven't had the setbacks we've had. Alexander's library gone. Wiped out by war. Chinese Greek and Arabic works lost when they were defeated. So the brightest humans have been held back by the strongest for all of our history. Just look at how Republicans today mock science.

Yes, there is probably smarter out there. Or is that how all living creatures with big brains act? The strong survives and survival of the fittest.

Imagine if all that history and knowledge wasn't wiped out. Imagine if instead of all the nukes USA and Russia made they put that effort into going to Mars and alpha centuri. We may be there by now. Imagine if religion didn't deny science for 2000 years?

They say back in Socrates day the elite realized science for the first time. They could have let the masses know or they could keep pushing religion and slavery. In other words the status quo. They chose to withhold science from the masses.

I hope we don't have another setback. I would like to think we won't but then I thought that in the 90s and then 9-11 happened and proved we still are a Savage primitive species.

I sure as fuck hope so...

Humans seem to have too many backwards dick heads that hate scientific progress and exploration.
The more I look the more confident there is life on every planet that is in the Goldilocks zone. NASA was talking about Kepler and in 2020 we have a better telescope that will be able to see much greater detail.

But people who think we are alone must think we can see these places up close in great detail but we can't. Even I didn't realize this. It's possible they have human like creatures for all we know. We know very very little about any of the planets that are in the habitable zone.

Do I think they all have mammals, reptiles, fish, birds and amphibians? Probably not but who knows?

that are we to frogs?
I just heard a weird thought. We are lucky life formed on earth when the universe is new enough we can see other galaxies. As the universe expands at a faster and faster rate stars are all getting farther and farther away. So imagine you are born on a planet that can support life ten billion years from now. The people on that planet will believe they are unique because when they look out they will only see maybe ten dim lights out in the night sky. And those stars are so far away they can only imagine what they might be. And those stars are so far and getting farther. They wouldn't have a clue what the universe is. We are lucky. And still things are very very very far away.

that are we to frogs?
So for the longest time we wondered if we we're alone. As far as we knew we were. And we are still stuck on that. We aren't even smart enough to know if there's life in Europa.

So when we find other life the next thing we will want to know is if there's other intelligent life. That might be a million or 900 million to one. So there may be life a little smarter than us but it's so far away we'll never find them.

Or maybe they haven't evolved yet.

For the evolutionists out there...

There is absolutely zero evidence that intelligence is a positive selective trait. They way we are going, homo sapiens sapiens just might turn out to be the shortest-live species to have ever evolved.

For the religionists out there...

The reason God is gone and never coming back is he is busy in a different solar system, trying once again, to get it correct. You also have no evidence we were his first, and not solar system #27. You only know about the trump-like con you were given that we are #1.

Back to evolutionists. Remember intelligence gets you nothing unless you also have evolved the hands to make advanced tools & put the intelligence to work. You also have to have the vocal & other body designs so that advanced communication is possible, including writing what allows technology to pass on to the next generation. Bipedalism with feet to walk distance. Yep that too.

We evolutionary biologists believe all the body structures came first, intelligence last. Also remember there are many different forms of intelligence, each evolving separately.

PE-AnatBrainFig3.jpg

Brain Anatomy, Anatomy of the Human Brain

There is absolutely zero evidence that intelligence is a positive selective trait. They way we are going, homo sapiens sapiens just might turn out to be the shortest-live species to have ever evolved.

The reason God is gone and never coming back is he is busy in a different solar system, trying once again, to get it correct. You also have no evidence we were his first, and not solar system #27. You only know about the trump-like con you were given that we are #1.

Back to evolutionists. Remember intelligence gets you nothing unless you also have evolved the hands to make advanced tools & put the intelligence to work. You also have to have the vocal & other body designs so that advanced communication is possible, including writing what allows technology to pass on to the next generation. Bipedalism with feet to walk distance. Yep that too.

We evolutionary biologists believe all the body structures came first, intelligence last. Also remember there are many different forms of intelligence, each evolving separately.

PE-AnatBrainFig3.jpg

Well, trial and error is a proven technique :)

there are billions and billions of star systems in our own galaxy, and billions and billions of gallixies.

And we're so special! Sure we are, just like winning the lottery AND powerball twice in a row is special.
The odds are almost prohibitive for life to have appeared on Earth. So, yes, it is like the lottery. It is not very intelligent to believe "Whatever is, had to be."

If the Universe is infinite definitely, if its finite maybe not. There are so many factors involved that makes humans possible that intelligent life may be so rare we never find others or we may be the only one.
You are being misled if you believe that infinity covers all theoretical possibilities. It could be the unlimited repetition of a limited set.

PE-AnatBrainFig3.jpg

Intelligence gets you nothing unless you have hands? What have hands got us? Fire? Writing? Trips to space? Do dolphins need those things? Seems to me dolphins have a great life.

The only thing they can't do is ever leave this earth. That is something maybe we can do someday.

See what I'm getting at? There could be a really smart creature but they have no hands so they don't invent bombs, guns, drugs

Yes, there are superior intelligent extra terrestrials. Ancient texts talk about them at great length. Also there is a lot of archeological evidence. But in the 21st century, in the interest of closer crowd control, you are not allowed to admit their existance.

As an atheist, I think we should ask ourselves: "do we need any creator or superior intelligences ?" and answer is no. Life can be easily started in the our Earth with the true combinations and without any guidance of creator. After that events, Theory of Evolution explains perfectly with unlimited evidence, records and fossils.

As an atheist, I think we should ask ourselves: "do we need any creator or superior intelligences ?" and answer is no. Life can be easily started in the our Earth with the true combinations and without any guidance of creator. After that events, Theory of Evolution explains perfectly with unlimited evidence, records and fossils.

But so there can still be extraterrestrial intelligent life forms. And they can influence Earth malvolently too.

Forum List

Back