Are there reasonable priced alternatives to Netflix you all can recommend? Anyone have Amazon Prime?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I keep hearing about this new Creep movie that Netflix is running, and I want to find another streaming product to watch movies on if possible. This is getting disgusting and it seems to be a growing segment of immoral scumbags that is getting a platform.

How can ANY movie stream provider even get allowed with showing this disgusting filth? Why aren't there charges being laid? This isn't art or free speech, it's abuse of kids. Why is this even allowed? What line are we as a society going to draw?

Anyways, any suggestions would be appreciated. It's horrific that there isn't any real alternative to Netflix, a network I used to real want to support due to it's convenience. Crave TV Canada has 1700 movies whereas Netflix has 5600.

It's not enough not to watch their filth we don't like, one feels filthy just supporting their platform that you know creeps are watching. At the same time, they seem so far ahead of everyone else in terms of options and I'm told even video quality.

Last edited:
Tubi. I have it. Not bad.

Nice. It's free I see. I may look into it. I always come back to Netflix but I am starting to resent their decisions. I'm also starting to resent why they are allowed to give a platform to disgusting tv.

One question, can I pause the movies and/or commercials?

I can handle poorly made, B-movies with horrible acting and plots. I can't handle knowing I support people who abuse the vulnerable for profit.

Well I'll tell you...

I've got DirectTV, full package, all the channels. I hate Amazon.

Not long ago my wife accidentally signed up for the 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime... I love it. We binged watched The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and I was sold. I still do my best not to order stuff from Amazon (though admittedly it's a convenience hard to resist) but I am digging their original shows and movies.

Yeah, I had the Amazon free trial at Christmas, and paid for a month.

It was pretty cool.

Every since the flood, I haven't had a TEE VEE. . . I have only been reading books.

Books are good, so are computer games and reading stuff on-line.

Eventually I will probably get a TEE VEE again and just suffice with a Roku and what ever is free on there. I hardly watch anything.

. . . I'll hit up the pawn shop and get what ever they have in DVD's I guess. . . buck a disc. :113:

Have hulu and amazon prime. Really like both. Got rid of netflix.

It's not enough not to watch their filth we don't like, one feels filthy just supporting their platform that you know creeps are watching. At the same time, they seem so far ahead of everyone else in terms of options and I'm told even video quality.
I have Prime, and quality wise it's just as good if not better than Netflix, which I also have. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Netflix used Bezos's servers.

They both have a problem of throwing money at shows that are flat out shitty. But there are certainly diamonds in the rough.

First rule of free movie club: don’t talk about free movie club.

It was pretty cool.

Every since the flood, I haven't had a TEE VEE. . . I have only been reading books.

Eventually I will probably get a TEE VEE again and just suffice with a Roku and what ever is free on there. I hardly watch anything.

. . . I'll hit up the pawn shop and get what ever they have in DVD's I guess. . . buck a disc. :113:

Nothing wrong with books. I love books. Read at least one, sometimes two, a week. (Thanks Dad!)

It was pretty cool.

Nothing wrong with books. I love books. Read at least one, sometimes two, a week. (Thanks Dad!)

I love books too. My wife isn't interested in what I read though, so better to share a movie. lol.

I have been very happy with my decision to drop Netflix years ago due to their change in programming becoming too PC for my tastes, and switching to Amazon Prime Video. And yes, you can pause content. Also, C/C is available with most content.

There is a wide selection to enjoy and because it is so vast I enjoy their tracking process of my viewing pleasure in content, by having a "movies we think you will enjoy" and "based upon your viewing content" options. I also try other selections but sometimes find it a waste of my time. Amazon Originals are very often quite appealing to me but am noticing a trend of them becoming too Woke for my tastes. Minorities and members of the LGBTQ community might enjoy the selection. I can sometimes enjoy those also if there is a balance to storylines and Woke content isn't shoved in my face for purely political purposes, as I perceive that.

Safe to say, there is something for everybody at Amazon Prime Video. :thup:

Using Pluto......commercials from hell but it's Free dumped Direct TV ..........was tired of spending so much......

It was pretty cool.

I love books too. My wife isn't interested in what I read though, so better to share a movie. lol.
Then. . . expand your reading.

Don't limit yourself.

. . and try reading what she is reading.

I have read about 40 books this summer. Best two I read were by a black activist writer, and . . . let me think, oh, the guy that wrote the God Father series, Mario Puzo, it was his personal favorite.

Ah, that's right, Toni Morrison's "Song of Solomon" and Puzo's "The Fortunate Pilgrim" Interestingly enough, they both take place during the Great Depression, one relates the story of a recently immigrated Italian family, the other, about a family going back to look for it's lost sharecropping/slave roots.

It really makes you realize that immigrants (Italians) didn't have much of an easier life than well established blacks with roots and family already here. . . but then. . . that is just the impression you get. . .

I highly recommend reading them back to back.

If you like mush, and want to read something your wife will like, I picked up a Nicholas Sparks book at the Salvation Army, that one was all right. . . . My mom liked that one. . . :heehee:

Forum List

Back