Are There Really Flames In Hell

okay but you are the one holding on to all this stuff....just let go.....i know a lot of bible verses for the same reason you do....but damn its time to let go

really if the worse thing that happened to you as a child...was indoctrination into christianity.....you had it pretty good. many of us were done this way...time to let go

How wonderful it is to see you offer such advice strollingbones!

:clap2:

No ! just death.
Ama ing! Did you know that all liars will burn in hell:

Revelations 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

First if you understood the words sheol and hades you would know that several verses you post are not a literal meaning. The torment and fires of hell are a metaphor.

The only liar here is the ignorant.

I somehow knew you and god would know about those things. Tell me something then....why did 10,000,000 preachers preach a billion hell fire and damnation sermons

It's like every other stand the church has ever taken

For a thousand years they required infant baptism but when people began to doubt that a loving, caring god would burn an infant in eternal hell the church no longer required it. The scripture is still there.

For thousands of years 100's of thousands of innocent young women who were accused of witchcraft were beaten, tortured and burned at the stake. When people became intelligent enough to reali e there is no such thing as a witch they shut up about it. The scripture is still there.

The church tolerated and sometimes accomodated slavery from the beginning but when slaves were freed and civil rights were granted they stopped. The scripture is still there.

A primary role of the church was based upon creating a scenario which made women submissive to men but when women began to vote adn show up in the workplace they shut up about that. The scripture is still there.

From the beginning homosexuals have been condemned and persecuted by the sermons preached in church but now a different view is taking shape and some churches even allow Gays to pastor a church. The scripture is still there.

The "no flames in hell" being a translation error is such a limp ploy. It's just another case of the church changing the rules when their attendance and donations have fallen off. Seems to me the church would tell a barefaced lie any time the money starts coming up short.

Last edited:
No ! just death.
Ama ing! Did you know that all liars will burn in hell:

Revelations 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

First if you understood the words sheol and hades you would know that several verses you post are not a literal meaning. The torment and fires of hell are a metaphor.

The only liar here is the ignorant.

Okay then............tell me........You Were Excreted..........got any links to prove it's a metaphor?

Many Christians would disagree with you and tell you it's a real place.

Try again idiot.

There's more written in the bible about evil and hell than anything else. Things like this:

The man in Luke 16:24 cries: ". . .I am tormented in this FLAME."

In Matthew 13:42, Jesus says: "And shall cast them into a FURNACE OF FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

In Matthew 25:41, Jesus says: "Depart from me, ye cursed, into EVERLASTING FIRE,. . ."

Revelation 20:15 says, " And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the LAKE OF FIRE."

Daniel 3:6 Whoever does not fall down and worship will immediately be thrown into a" BLA ING FURNACE"

Matthew 3:12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with UNQUENCHABLE FIRE."

Matthew 13:50 and throw them into the FIERY FURNACE, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

'Course now....after billions of hell fire and damnation sermons they are saying all such phrases are errors in translation

So the whole lake of fire is bullshit?

There's more written in the bible about evil and hell than anything else. Things like this:

In Matthew 13:42, Jesus says: "And shall cast them into a FURNACE OF FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

In Matthew 25:41, Jesus says: "Depart from me, ye cursed, into EVERLASTING FIRE,. . ."

Revelation 20:15 says, " And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the LAKE OF FIRE."

Daniel 3:6 Whoever does not fall down and worship will immediately be thrown into a" BLA ING FURNACE"

Matthew 3:12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with UNQUENCHABLE FIRE."

Matthew 13:50 and throw them into the FIERY FURNACE, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

'Course now....after billions of hell fire and damnation sermons they are saying all such phrases are errors in translation

That's exactly the latest stand by the church. Like I said...anytime in the past when donations began to falter the church changed it's stand. Slavery, infant baptism, women's rights, homosexuality, killing witches, etc. Hell is simply the latest thing they needed to change. People are not just referred to as sheep and lambs in the bible...they are sheep and lambs. Ironic isn't it.

That's exactly the latest stand by the church. Like I said...anytime in the past when donations began to falter the church changed it's stand. Slavery, infant baptism, women's rights, homosexuality, killing witches, etc. Hell is simply the latest thing they needed to change. People are not just referred to as sheep and lambs in the bible...they are sheep and lambs. Ironic isn't it.

lambs? is that the correct interpeitation? lol they could change.

lambs? is that the correct interpeitation? lol they could change.

They have never nor will they change anything until the amount of their donations begins to drop. Bet on it!

Forum List

Back