Are There Really Flames In Hell

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
There's more written in the bible about evil and hell than anything else. Things like this:

The man in Luke 16:24 cries: ". . .I am tormented in this FLAME."

In Matthew 13:42, Jesus says: "And shall cast them into a FURNACE OF FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

In Matthew 25:41, Jesus says: "Depart from me, ye cursed, into EVERLASTING FIRE,. . ."

Revelation 20:15 says, " And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the LAKE OF FIRE."

Daniel 3:6 Whoever does not fall down and worship will immediately be thrown into a" BLA ING FURNACE"

Matthew 3:12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with UNQUENCHABLE FIRE."

Matthew 13:50 and throw them into the FIERY FURNACE, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

'Course now....after billions of hell fire and damnation sermons they are saying all such phrases are errors in translation

dude really? how much longer are you gonna go on like this.....you say there is no god and the bible is false...so why quote it?

Don't you get it. I practically memori ed the new testament chapter and verse about 50 years ago while I was still in my 20's. At my age it's good exercise for my diminishing mental capacity. That and the fact that I still hold a grudge against those family members and authority figures who were responsible for brainwashing me with that load of horse shit beginning at age two.

okay but you are the one holding on to all this stuff....just let go.....i know a lot of bible verses for the same reason you do....but damn its time to let go

really if the worse thing that happened to you as a child...was indoctrination into christianity.....you had it pretty good. many of us were done this way...time to let go

okay but you are the one holding on to all this stuff....just let go.....i know a lot of bible verses for the same reason you do....but damn its time to let go

really if the worse thing that happened to you as a child...was indoctrination into christianity.....you had it pretty good. many of us were done this way...time to let go

As long as any youngsters are being brainwashed with that 2000 year old bullshit...I will NOT let it go. PERIOD!

Last edited:
There's more written in the bible about evil and hell than anything else. Things like this:

In Matthew 13:42, Jesus says: "And shall cast them into a FURNACE OF FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

In Matthew 25:41, Jesus says: "Depart from me, ye cursed, into EVERLASTING FIRE,. . ."

Revelation 20:15 says, " And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the LAKE OF FIRE."

Daniel 3:6 Whoever does not fall down and worship will immediately be thrown into a" BLA ING FURNACE"

Matthew 3:12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with UNQUENCHABLE FIRE."

Matthew 13:50 and throw them into the FIERY FURNACE, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

'Course now....after billions of hell fire and damnation sermons they are saying all such phrases are errors in translation
Your record of failure continues unchallenged. No one has abandoned his faith.

really if the worse thing that happened to you as a child...was indoctrination into christianity.....you had it pretty good. Many of us were done this way...time to let go

as long as any youngsters are being brainwashed with that 2000 year old bullshit...i will not let it go. Period!

translation:

guide_tantrum_rdax_65.jpg

Interestingly enough........there is a Pentecostal preacher who is doing away with sermons like that.........he's preaching sermons like this......

Bishop Carlton Pearson, a Charismatic minister, is the founder of the Azusa Interdenominational Fellowship of Christian Churches and the pastor of Higher Dimensions Family Church in Oklahoma. Pearson preaches the "gospel of inclusion," a controversial doctrine claiming that Jesus Christ saves all people no matter what their beliefs or actions. He spoke with Beliefnet recently about what his theology means for non-Christians.

Could you describe your message--the "gospel of inclusion"--in a nutshell?

The Gospel of Inclusion is the exciting and liberating news that in the finished work of the cross, Jesus redeemed the entire world to God from the cosmic and organic sin imposed upon it by Adam, the original man. In effect, the world is already saved, they just don't know it; and, unfortunately, most Christians don't believe it. First Timothy 4:9-10 says, "...we have put our trust in the living God who is the Savior of all men, and especially those who believe." Jesus did not just die for Christians, He died to redeem, reconcile, and ultimately save the Cosmos.

Jesus was not a Christian, He was a Jew. God, however, is Spirit and cannot be confined exclusively to any particular religion including Christianity. He's not Jewish or Christian or Hindu or Buddhist; yet, He is all of that if we want or need Him to be, while at the same time, none of it conclusively, because He can't be and, in fact, is not limited to a person's or culture's perception of Him.

He loves everybody, He understands everybody, and He has a covenant with everybody-again, whether they know it or not.

Every human being in the history of the planet was created in the image and likeness of God. Anything else is an impersonation. God sees Himself in everybody, in every belief system, in every icon, perhaps even the devil. The devil can't subsist on his own. He came from God, has a specific assignment, and carries it out well.

Read more: Carlton Pearson's Gospel of Inclusion says Jesus saves all Christians and non-Christians -salvation heaven universalism - Beliefnet.com

So.........what happened to the hellfire? It's a Catholic invention from when Rome sacked Jerusalem.

As long as any youngsters are being brainwashed with that 2000 year old bullshit...I will NOT let it go. PERIOD!

You sound like you're on a mission.:D

Interestingly enough........there is a Pentecostal preacher who is doing away with sermons like that.........he's preaching sermons like this......

Bishop Carlton Pearson, a Charismatic minister, is the founder of the Azusa Interdenominational Fellowship of Christian Churches and the pastor of Higher Dimensions Family Church in Oklahoma. Pearson preaches the "gospel of inclusion," a controversial doctrine claiming that Jesus Christ saves all people no matter what their beliefs or actions. He spoke with Beliefnet recently about what his theology means for non-Christians.

Could you describe your message--the "gospel of inclusion"--in a nutshell?

The Gospel of Inclusion is the exciting and liberating news that in the finished work of the cross, Jesus redeemed the entire world to God from the cosmic and organic sin imposed upon it by Adam, the original man. In effect, the world is already saved, they just don't know it; and, unfortunately, most Christians don't believe it. First Timothy 4:9-10 says, "...we have put our trust in the living God who is the Savior of all men, and especially those who believe." Jesus did not just die for Christians, He died to redeem, reconcile, and ultimately save the Cosmos.

Jesus was not a Christian, He was a Jew. God, however, is Spirit and cannot be confined exclusively to any particular religion including Christianity. He's not Jewish or Christian or Hindu or Buddhist; yet, He is all of that if we want or need Him to be, while at the same time, none of it conclusively, because He can't be and, in fact, is not limited to a person's or culture's perception of Him.

He loves everybody, He understands everybody, and He has a covenant with everybody-again, whether they know it or not.

Every human being in the history of the planet was created in the image and likeness of God. Anything else is an impersonation. God sees Himself in everybody, in every belief system, in every icon, perhaps even the devil. The devil can't subsist on his own. He came from God, has a specific assignment, and carries it out well.

Read more: Carlton Pearson's Gospel of Inclusion says Jesus saves all Christians and non-Christians -salvation heaven universalism - Beliefnet.com

So.........what happened to the hellfire? It's a Catholic invention from when Rome sacked Jerusalem.

The whole damn thing is a catholic invention. When Constantine was converted he decided which day was easter, which day was christmas, which gospels would be put in the bible and which ones would be omitted etc Look at the Vatican...it seems to have worked out for them pretty good. Billions of dollars worth of precious art and jewelry and a multi billion dollar city and it's government.

It's a major load of bullshit sport's fans. No different than the thousands of mythical gods before. Folks should read the history of all religions...not just one. The story involving virgin birth, son of god, savior of the world , crucifiction, resurrection etc. was told do ens of times dating back as far as 3000 years before the Jewish version. It was first told in ancient Egypt about the sun god Horus.

Last edited:

He's proselytizing.

Praise the obsession and pass the keyboard!

Hallelujah!

He's proselytizing.

Hallelujah!

Nope...I'm on a mission. So far I've managed to show two of my four grandsons the right way. When they have their families some more will be added to that number. Don't you get it It's whatever a child is taught. For thousands of years actually all the way up to the mid 1900's cannibilism was practiced as a religioius ritual. Know why it continued so long...........each new generation was initiated into the practice by their parents and the previous generation. Know why they stopped.........religious missionaries sold them a new superstition to use.

He's proselytizing.

Hallelujah!

Nope...I'm on a mission. So far I've managed to show two of my four grandsons the right way. When they have their families some more will be added to that number. Don't you get it It's whatever a child is taught. For thousands of years actually all the way up to the mid 1900's cannibilism was practiced as a religioius ritual. Know why it continued so long...........each new generation was initiated into the practice by their parents and the previous generation. Know why they stopped.........religious missionaries sold them a new superstition to use.
So you've brainwashed your own grandchildren.

He's proselytizing.

Hallelujah!

So you've brainwashed your own grandchildren.

I simply challenged them to read the history of all religions before they settled on anything. Thanksgiving day my 16 year old who's taking "Bible History" in high school(Tennessee's way of putting Christianity back in schools) told me the story of Horus the Egyptian Sun God and pointed out to me the parallels between that story and Jesus. Since it was written 3000 years before the Jewish version I knew he had found that on his own. In other words...mission accomplished.

My son's three kids were bapti ed into a Presbyterian church when they were six months old and now since my youngest granddaughter and her two siblings are enrolled in a K-12 Christian school I'll never mention it to them.....and since my son and his wife know my position you can bet your ass they will never mention it to me.

Last edited:

No ! just death.

No ! just death.
Ama ing! Did you know that all liars will burn in hell:

Revelations 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

No ! just death.
Ama ing! Did you know that all liars will burn in hell:

Revelations 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

First if you understood the words sheol and hades you would know that several verses you post are not a literal meaning. The torment and fires of hell are a metaphor.

The only liar here is the ignorant.

Forum List

Back