Are there More Black Men in Jail or In College ?

PROBABLY? and, I PROBABLY have less of a criminal background than your dirty black ass.

No you don't jackass, the Bass has *ZERO* criminal offenses, sorry to disappoint your stupid racist self

What, exactly, do you think PROBABLY means to the individual? And, again, if you can't gel with America and it's past, from WHITE people creating the fucking nation to WHITE people voting to allow you equal rights, then take your African ass back to Mugabe-ville and see how long your crack pipe dream lasts. Again, you are FREE to leave.

Once again you sawed off nutcase, America is *NOT* a white man's creation, this country would never be what it is without black people and the Bass is not from Zimbabwe, but from Florida, his birthplace and raised in Mississippi. The Bass has nothing to do with Zimbabwe This land was only stolen from Native Americans from the white man, not created by the white man.

Indeed, white supremecy is racist. Finally figure that out? And racist quotas based on ethnic criteria are just as bad weather they benefit blacks OR whites. I'll let that seep into your brain as you figure out some lame assed excuse for perpetuating racist ethnic standards as long as they benefit you.

Your whiny punk talk about so called "racist quotas" is white racist backlash babbling, white privilege trumps and will continue to trump affirmative action. Like it or not, it was white people who are responsible for the causes that lead to the conditions with eventually lead to the use and need for affirmative action, so you are in no position to whine and complain about something that is supposed to remedy the mess your people created.

Handful my ass. While not the main cause of the civil war the bloodiest fucking war in the history of the continental US saw MANY whites die so that you could be free. By discounting their sacrifice you dont do blacks OR the reflection of your education any favors.

The Civil war was fought to preserve the Union, not to free black people, thats the truth, you know it and blacks also fought in the Civil War, but not for the same reason whites fought.

You stupid son of a bitch, YOU CANT VOTE IN CIVIL RIGHTS AS A MINORITY. Every black voter could have cast two fucking votes and you'd STILL fall short without WHITE PEOPLE supporting civil rights. Acting like that era was a fucking black panther wet dream just shows how fucking ignorant you are.

Imbecile, whites usually almost evenly split their votes between Democrats and Republicans which means Blacks and other nonwhites, if unity into a single voting block, hold the deciding factor in whom gets voted, a key reason why blacks were systematically denied voting rights in the past, so don't underestimate the voting block power of so called minorities you retard.

Some food for thought from brothas Malcolm X and MLK for you to think about because its the truth that you can't escape from:

"I think that the guilt complex of the American white man is so profound until when you begin to analyze the real condition of the black man in America instead of the American white man eliminating the causes that create that condition, he tries to cover it up by accusing his accusers of teaching hate but actually they are just exposing him for being responsible for what exist."

Malcolm X

"Negroes became outraged by blatant inequality. Their ultimate goal was total, unqualified freedom. The majority of the white progressives were outraged by the brutality displayed. Their goal was improvement or limited progression. Obtaining the right to use public facilities, register and vote, token educational advancement, brought to the Negro a sense of achievement; he felt the momentum. But it brought to the whites a sense of completion. When Negroes assertively moved on to ascend the second rung of the ladder, a firm resistance from the white community became manifest.

But for a perceptive and vivid expression of culpability I would like to submit two sentences that many of you have probably heard me quote before from the pen of Victor Hugo. "If the soul is left in darkness, sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin but he who causes the darkness." The policy-makers of the white society have caused the darkness. It was they who created the frustrating slums. They perpetuate unemployment and poverty and oppression. Perhaps it is incontestable and deplorable that Negroes have committed crimes, but these are essentially derivative crimes. They are born of the greater crimes of the white society.

When asking Negroes to abide by the law let us also declare that the white man does not abide by the law. Day in and day out he violates welfare laws to deprive the poor of their meager allotments. He flagrantly violates building codes and housing regulations. His police forces are the ultimate mockery of law. He violates laws on equal employment and education. The slums are the handiwork of a vicious system of the white society. Negroes live in them, but they do not make them any more than a prisoner makes a prison. And so let us say forthrightly that, if the total slum violations of law by the white man over the years are calculated and compared with the lawbreaking of a few days of riots, the hardened criminal would handily be the white man. In using the term white man I am seeking to describe in general terms the Negro's adversary.......

The white backlash is a primary cause because it explains the ferocity of the emotional content of their outbursts and their spontaneity. The depravity of the white backlash shattered the hope that new attitudes were in the making. The reversion to barbaric white conduct marked by a succession of murders in the South and the recrudescence of white hoodlumism in the Northern streets and cold systematic withdrawal of some erstwhile white allies constituted a grim statement to Negroes. They were told that there were firm limits to their progress, that they must expect to remain permanently unequal and permanently poor.

A New Sense of Direction (1968)

The truth for your messed up, deluded, white supremacist mind.

What if you get arrested just because you are black? Or shot and killed for being brown?

I hear what you are saying but I also think black people are more apt to get rougher treatment from the cops and the courts.

And, whining. Everyone does it, as your post shows.

I think yes and no. I've often been curious about this.

How many upper-middle-class blacks are arrested for nothing as compared to upper-middle class whites?

What is ratio in by comparison to upper-middle class whites and poor whites?

And what class of folk do police belong to? And what class of folk cannot afford an adequate defense lawyer?

I'm not ruling out that racism is involved to some degree because racists represent a segement of our society.

I think the attempted comparison in the original article is absurd. Where did the blacks not in college come from and where did the ones IN college come from? Probably not the same stations in life.

We're kept so busy fighting amongst ourselves over whether it is a racial issue that nobody ever addresses the issue of class.

If you're uneducated white blue collar and live on the Southside of San Antonio, you have a MUCH greater chance of being rousted by cops than you do if you're black and live on the Northwest side or one of it's 'burbs.

If you drive a beater, you're going to get pulled over. If you drive a relatively late model vehicle that looks at least clean, you're going to have to be doing something stupid to get pulled over. Who drives the beaters and who doesn't?

IMO, there is just a whole lot more involved than race.

I think yes and no. I've often been curious about this.

How many upper-middle-class blacks are arrested for nothing as compared to upper-middle class whites?

What is ratio in by comparison to upper-middle class whites and poor whites?

And what class of folk do police belong to? And what class of folk cannot afford an adequate defense lawyer?

I'm not ruling out that racism is involved to some degree because racists represent a segement of our society.

I think the attempted comparison in the original article is absurd. Where did the blacks not in college come from and where did the ones IN college come from? Probably not the same stations in life.

We're kept so busy fighting amongst ourselves over whether it is a racial issue that nobody ever addresses the issue of class.

If you're uneducated white blue collar and live on the Southside of San Antonio, you have a MUCH greater chance of being rousted by cops than you do if you're black and live on the Northwest side or one of it's 'burbs.

If you drive a beater, you're going to get pulled over. If you drive a relatively late model vehicle that looks at least clean, you're going to have to be doing something stupid to get pulled over. Who drives the beaters and who doesn't?

IMO, there is just a whole lot more involved than race.

I agree, there is more involved. I also think race plays a role. I don't know if there are statistics on this, I can only go by what I've observed. I know a guy that got into trouble as a seventeen year old, he and his friends stole a truck and ran from the cops. There was a gun in the truck. The three of them got three days in jail in a program designed to scare people that weren't considered serious risks, just average assholes. Now the three of them are responsible adults. All white. IMO, if they'd have been black they would have been sentenced to much more time in jail and probably would have been in long enough to become hard core.

No you don't jackass, the Bass has *ZERO* criminal offenses, sorry to disappoint your stupid racist self

given the return application of your racist generalizations of white people you are SORELY mistaken you dumb ignorant bastard.

Once again you sawed off nutcase, America is *NOT* a white man's creation, this country would never be what it is without black people and the Bass is not from Zimbabwe, but from Florida, his birthplace and raised in Mississippi. The Bass has nothing to do with Zimbabwe This land was only stolen from Native Americans from the white man, not created by the white man.

Again, dipshit.. feel free to name the black men who had ANYTHING to do with the creation of this nation. Indeed, slavery was a means to an end.. But it's not the only means to anything. Your people didn't fend of England. WHITE PEOPLE did that. go read a book.

Again, feel free to take your black ass back to the motherland, dude. FLORIDA was created by WHITE SPANIARDS too!

:lol:

Your whiny punk talk about so called "racist quotas" is white racist backlash babbling, white privilege trumps and will continue to trump affirmative action. Like it or not, it was white people who are responsible for the causes that lead to the conditions with eventually lead to the use and need for affirmative action, so you are in no position to whine and complain about something that is supposed to remedy the mess your people created.

No, it's the fact of the matter. If white people had WHITE quotas and WHITE colleges and WHITE college funds you'd be crying like a fucking whipped slave by now. But, because it's ok to be racist towards white people you take full advantage of the reverse applicaton of the same racism that you cry about.

Indeed, I am dummy. Im here with a right to vote and part of the EASY majority. A majority that sees that racist quotas are no longer necessary.

Is It Time to End Affirmative Action?
In a 2003 ruling involving the University of Michigan, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld a limited consideration of race in admissions to allow colleges to create a diverse student body. However, voters in Michigan have since passed an amendment to the state constitution that bans the use of affirmative action in the public arena. Two other states, California and Washington, had already taken similar steps. So is it time to get rid of affirmative action?
Is It Time to End Affirmative Action? : NPR

The Civil war was fought to preserve the Union, not to free black people, thats the truth, you know it and blacks also fought in the Civil War, but not for the same reason whites fought.

Indeed, but freeing the slaves WAS a major factor in the sucussion of the south. Read the Emancipation Proclimation you dumb motherfucker. A WHITE man wrote that, you know.

Imbecile, whites usually almost evenly split their votes between Democrats and Republicans which means Blacks and other nonwhites, if unity into a single voting block, hold the deciding factor in whom gets voted, a key reason why blacks were systematically denied voting rights in the past, so don't underestimate the voting block power of so called minorities you retard.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

THAT is a fucking lauching masterpiece! oh shit.. I cant believe you just posted such stupid shit.

Race
Black 11% 11% 88% 0%
Hispanic 8% 44% 53% 2%
White 77% 58% 41% 0%
Asian 2% 44% 56% *
Other 2% 40% 54% 2%
United States presidential election, 2004 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

for real, dude... THIS kind of stupid shit that you post is directly reflective of why you are such a fucking social failure. It took me 3 seconds to google the election demographics of the last presidential poll.

Your fucking crack pipe dream doesn't become more relevant that FACTS just because you are of a minority that thinks it deserves special attention.

Some food for thought from brothas Malcolm X and MLK for you to think about because its the truth that you can't escape from:

naaa.. Wanna remind me who killed Malcom X again?

DOH!

Kinda sets the stage for the next 40 years of thugliness in the BLACK community, doesnt it?

The truth for your messed up, deluded, white supremacist mind.

oh yes... posted evidence is SOOOO racist!

hey, dude.. if you wanna throw around shit talking and name calling we can do that too, junglebunny. Maybe, when you can get done drinking grape koolaid you can back up your assumptions beyond crying racist at every angle. White people are not your step ladder. Don't like it? Take your black ass back to africa.

I agree, there is more involved. I also think race plays a role. I don't know if there are statistics on this, I can only go by what I've observed. I know a guy that got into trouble as a seventeen year old, he and his friends stole a truck and ran from the cops. There was a gun in the truck. The three of them got three days in jail in a program designed to scare people that weren't considered serious risks, just average assholes. Now the three of them are responsible adults. All white. IMO, if they'd have been black they would have been sentenced to much more time in jail and probably would have been in long enough to become hard core.

I bet you had they been three blacks, and worn Dockers, dress shirts and nice casual shoes to court and looked somewhat affluent they would have gotten no worse than those three white guys.

I am not a conformist in every sense; however, I also paid the price for being noncomformist as a long-haired teenager so I understand when it behooves one to play the game.

I always thought playing that game and having that front was bullshit, myself, but bullshit or not, it works.

I bet you had they been three blacks, and worn Dockers, dress shirts and nice casual shoes to court and looked somewhat affluent they would have gotten no worse than those three white guys.

I am not a conformist in every sense; however, I also paid the price for being noncomformist as a long-haired teenager so I understand when it behooves one to play the game.

I always thought playing that game and having that front was bullshit, myself, but bullshit or not, it works.

Ah, that is a good point. You'd have to assume they owned them, though.

Roger that.

Of course, within the classes, I have not a doubt that Blacks are (statistically-speaking) still getting screwed with more than Whites.

Class and race bias both still plagues on our house, folks.

hey "the bass", your kids have a much better chance of getting into Harvard then the kids i have, even if your kids are less qualified(not saying they would be less qualified). Want to know why? because they are black.

Why do you think our mortgage lenders are in the tank? Simple answer, "Equal Opportunity Lending". Giving someone a loan because you are being "equal" does not mean they are going to pay it back. You give loans based on a person's credentials. Just like you give someone a job, its not the color of the skin or the religion they believe in, its their credentials. Not because you are being "equal".

Affirmative Action is racist.

hey "the bass", your kids have a much better chance of getting into Harvard then the kids i have, even if your kids are less qualified(not saying they would be less qualified). Want to know why? because they are black.

Why do you think our mortgage lenders are in the tank? Simple answer, "Equal Opportunity Lending". Giving someone a loan because you are being "equal" does not mean they are going to pay it back. You give loans based on a person's credentials. Just like you give someone a job, its not the color of the skin or the religion they believe in, its their credentials. Not because you are being "equal".

Affirmative Action is racist.

Interesting. Black people are the cause of the banking crisis. Black people are responsible for everything bad in your world.

:cuckoo:

I can't believe the level of racist blather I'm reading here.

It's 2008, but I'm reading the sort of crap I heard as a kid in 1958.

Long time passing indeed.

I can't believe the level of racist blather I'm reading here.

It's 2008, but I'm reading the sort of crap I heard as a kid in 1958.

Long time passing indeed.

No one is saying all whites are racist as far as what the Bass is talking about, but it is true that it was a group and groups of white men who created the racial situation in America that persists even till this day, despite the gains made in the last 40 years in Civil Rights. Racism and classism are just by products of a greedy capitalists system. Capitalism is the only system in which white supremacy and all kinds of ethnic extremism can exist, thats why capitalism in this country is evil and of the devil.

given the return application of your racist generalizations of white people you are SORELY mistaken you dumb ignorant bastard.

The Bass said nothing about all whites, just that a group and or groups of whites are responsible for the causes that led to the conditions black people live/lived in this country.

given the return application of your racist personal attacks against the Bass you are SORELY mistaken you dumb ignorant troll.

Again, dipshit.. feel free to name the black men who had ANYTHING to do with the creation of this nation. Indeed, slavery was a means to an end.. But it's not the only means to anything. Your people didn't fend of England. WHITE PEOPLE did that. go read a book.

A significant portion of the things we call "American" are the creations of black people and this country would not have been built if not for black people. You can personally attack and insult all you like but there's no getting around cold hard facts. This is why the Bass is so damn good, maybe too good and why you are so below the Bass, the Bass deals with facts.

"In 1770, Crispus Attucks, a black man, became the first casualty of the American Revolution when he was shot and killed in what became known as the Boston Massacre."

Africans in America/Part 2/Crispus Attucks

The American Revolution started with a black man.

Again, feel free to take your black ass back to the motherland, dude. FLORIDA was created by WHITE SPANIARDS too!

The Bass is an American, even more American than your pasty white butt. The Bass' maternal grandmother is a Native American woman of Creek and Seminole ancestry, but don't get it twisted, the Bass is black. Black Americans are well over 400 years removed from Africa so why all the go back to Africa talk moron? And what ownership do you have to this country to tell a Black American to go back to Africa? You're just trolling abd babbling at the mouth with angry personal attacks out of desperation. The truth causes people to act in an uncomely manner, so its understandable why you're acting this way.

No, it's the fact of the matter. If white people had WHITE quotas and WHITE colleges and WHITE college funds you'd be crying like a fucking whipped slave by now.

What do you think white privilege is? Its all of the things you just mentioned stupid, it just isn't written in law.

But, because it's ok to be racist towards white people you take full advantage of the reverse applicaton of the same racism that you cry about.

Affirmative action isn't so called "reverse racism"[an oxymoronic baseless term in itself because racism and discrimination is just what it racism and discrimination, there's no reverse to it, lol at the terms angry white backlashed men come up with] and affirmative isn't the reverse of the same things blacks suffered. Hrre's some additional reading material to educate your mind simple fellow:

UnderstandingPrejudice.org: Ten Myths About Affirmative Action

Indeed, but freeing the slaves WAS a major factor in the sucussion of the south. Read the Emancipation Proclimation you dumb motherfucker. A WHITE man wrote that, you know.

Wrong simpleton, states started to secede because Northerners did not and attempted to block the expansion of slavery into the new territories. Lincoln was perfectly satisfied with slavery being continued in those states that were already slave states, but he opposed expansion of slavery into newly acquired territory. :

Civil War - MSN Encarta

Causes of the Civil War

The chief and immediate cause of the war was slavery. Southern states, including the 11 states that formed the Confederacy, depended on slavery to support their economy. Southerners used slave labor to produce crops, especially cotton. Although slavery was illegal in the Northern states, only a small proportion of Northerners actively opposed it. The main debate between the North and the South on the eve of the war was whether slavery should be permitted in the Western territories recently acquired during the Mexican War (1846-1848), including New Mexico, part of California, and Utah. Opponents of slavery were concerned about its expansion, in part because they did not want to compete against slave labor.

The Avalon Project : First Inaugural Address of Abraham Lincoln

First Inaugural Address of Abraham Lincoln

MONDAY, MARCH 4, 1861

....I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.......There is much controversy about the delivering up of fugitives from service or labor. The clause I now read is as plainly written in the Constitution as any other of its provisions:

No person held to service or labor in one State, under the laws thereof, escaping into another, shall in consequence of any law or regulation therein be discharged from such service or labor, but shall be delivered up on claim of the party to whom such service or labor may be due.[/b)

It is scarcely questioned that this provision was intended by those who made it for the reclaiming of what we call fugitive slaves; and the intention of the lawgiver is the law. All members of Congress swear their support to the whole Constitution--to this provision as much as to any other. To the proposition, then, that slaves whose cases come within the terms of this clause "shall be delivered up" their oaths are unanimous. Now, if they would make the effort in good temper, could they not with nearly equal unanimity frame and pass a law by means of which to keep good that unanimous oath?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

THAT is a fucking lauching masterpiece! oh shit.. I cant believe you just posted such stupid shit.

Shogun is seriously retarded and can't even discern data in an intelligent manner so the Bass will repeat it.

1) Whites normally tend to be evenly divided between being Democrats and Republicans when the two face off, and or even when white Democrats and white Republicans face off against people within their own parties. Regardless, unless there's a landslide advantage, whites tend to be even divided when facing each other.

2) Therefore votes from non-white minorities, off which African Americans are one, can be and or are the deciding factor that tips the balance to either side in the same manner of a tiebreaker. Therefore minorities are capable of welding considrable voting power even though numerically their numbers aren't as large as the majority white population.

Now thats what the Bass was basically saying the first time around only this time the Bass had to dumb it down for you understand it since your mind seems to only function in a rudimenatry fashion.

The Bass said nothing about all whites, just that a group and or groups of whites are responsible for the causes that led to the conditions black people live/lived in this country.

find the word SOME in your quote, dude. A GROUP? my ass. Now you are on full grade damage control. No shit SOME white people in the past were responsible for slavery. Welcome to the fucking world history class. Wanna know something else? if ONLY it were white people taking slaves then it would be well and good to lump us all together.. BUT THATS NOT THE HISTORIC FACT, no is it?

given the return application of your racist personal attacks against the Bass you are SORELY mistaken you dumb ignorant troll.

Hey, you can get what you give, pussy. If you want to be a complete racist piece of shit I have no problem sending it back your way and letting you know that white people aren't immune to racist bullshit thrown their way. Indeed, until you show me one black motherfucker that had anything to do with the creation of this nation within it's first 50 fucking years you'll have to excuse me for laughing at your suggestion that IM the ignorant one.

A significant portion of the things we call "American" are the creations of black people and this country would not have been built if not for black people. You can personally attack and insult all you like but there's no getting around cold hard facts. This is why the Bass is so damn good, maybe too good and why you are so below the Bass, the Bass deals with facts.

Name them, motherfucker. PEANUT BUTTER didn't create the USA. I give credit where credit is due.. but im not about to pretend that fucking blues music allows this nation to continue. Indeed, NAME those "cold hard facts" cocksucker. I DARE you. Lets see what your ghetto fucking education taught you. And yes, nations do not hinge on black skin in order to be built. Slaves can be any color, as history tells us. Acting like you had a hand in fending of the Brits is a total fucking farce.

Please, by all means.. POST THESE COLD HARD FACTS, mr "im so good (at being stupid as hell)"

"In 1770, Crispus Attucks, a black man, became the first casualty of the American Revolution when he was shot and killed in what became known as the Boston Massacre."

Africans in America/Part 2/Crispus Attucks

WOW!

a black man took a fucking bullet!?!?!?! Holy SHIT! Clearly, we need a black stripe to our flag!

The American Revolution started with a black man.

:LOL:

this is the kind of goofy shit im talking about. So a black man was shot ALL IF A SUDDEN the colonist decided to revolt!? :lol:

No, dude.. the AMERICAN REVOLUTION began with unfair taxes. Your little posterboy was a creation given to you in order to let your demographic feel like it had a hand in the creation of America. If taking a bullet is all it takes to become a fucking martyr then south central LA must be the new holy land.

The Bass is an American, even more American than your pasty white butt. The Bass' maternal grandmother is a Native American woman of Creek and Seminole ancestry, but don't get it twisted, the Bass is black. Black Americans are well over 400 years removed from Africa so why all the go back to Africa talk moron? And what ownership do you have to this country to tell a Black American to go back to Africa? You're just trolling abd babbling at the mouth with angry personal attacks out of desperation. The truth causes people to act in an uncomely manner, so its understandable why you're acting this way.

Think so? Again, show me how many dark skinned negros were writing up, or having the slightest fucking input on, our Constitution until the 1960.. PLEASE, be specific. Give me a NAME.

You think no one else has native in their blood, ya fucking idiot? I have records on my native blood too, dipshit. WOW. so much for your little SPADE in the hole, eh?

what ownership? fortunately for you we rely on democracy despite race, AS THE PREVIOUS EVIDENCE OF DISMISSING AFFIRMATIVE ACTION ABOVE WILL NOTE, and i'm perfectly fine with that. But your goofy little nubian jungle king fantasy is just that: a fantasy. AND, if you don't like racist policies like AA being scrapped then, again, take your ass back to your utopian homeland where you cry about being snatched from.

Lol:

or, hey, do some more damage control of your posts and make me laugh on an entirely new layer of humor in this thread!

What do you think white privilege is? Its all of the things you just mentioned stupid, it just isn't written in law.

Ahhh... blaming the boogyman since the FACT of racial equality scares the dark right out of you. White privilage doesn't apply in a society that remains equally applied. You will see whatever discrepencies you WANT to se despite the variables involved. Wanna blame whites for black prison populations? SUUUUURE! white privilage DESPITE every ghetto thug wannabe out there robbing a fucking liquer store because him mom is a crack whore and his dad is a total mystery. Wanna blame whites for shitty college applications? SUUUUURE, nevermind the laughable joke that is your insistence that the Rev War was caused by a brit shooting a black man.

Again, you cannot end racism by BEING a racist. If you can hate whitey then guess what will come back atcha. AA is just that: a racist policy. AND, since im the only one posting evidence besides crying like a whipped slave over shit that is largely in your fucking head....

Affirmative action isn't so called "reverse racism"[an oxymoronic baseless term in itself because racism and discrimination is just what it racism and discrimination, there's no reverse to it, lol at the terms angry white backlashed men come up with] and affirmative isn't the reverse of the same things blacks suffered. Hrre's some additional reading material to educate your mind simple fellow:

Indeed, blacks are just as capable of racism as anyone else. I realize that you think you are impervious to racism but, hey, equality is a bitch, eh? Yes, racism CAN, and IS, applied to whites by non whites. AA is a direct example of this. I don't really care if you comprehend this or not given your laughable take on the revolutionary war. If you can fathom a white kid DISCRIMINATED because of his skin color then you are no better than any standing member of the klan. It's "reverse" insomuch that it's application is the DIRECT result of efforts to amend racist state practices. I realize that, statistically, you didn't go to college so..

Teaching Reverse Racism

Teaching Reverse Racism - TIME

Reverse Discrimination
Reverse Discrimination - TIME

Reverse discrimination

Reverse discrimination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Reverse" Discrimination Landmark Cases

1. McDonald v. Santa Fe Trail Transportation Co., 427 U.S. 273, 96 S.Ct. 2574 (1976). Two White employees and one Black employee were charged with stealing property from their employer. The two White employees were fired while the Black employee was retained. In the first big reverse discrimination case, the Court decided that Title VII is not limited to discrimination against minority persons, but includes discriminatory actions against majority persons as well.
2. Middletown v. City of Flint, 92 F.3d 396. (6th Cir. 1996), cert. denied 117 S.Ct. 1552 (1997). Challenge by White police officers passed over for promotions because of voluntary affirmative action plan involving a 50% set aside of promotions to Sergeant for racial minorities. Court found plan to be an "unnecessarily drastic remedy."
3. Police Association of New Orleans v. City of New Orleans, 100 F.3d 1159 (5th Cir. 1996). City's race conscious promotions violated Equal Protection Clause because they were not narrowly tailored.
4. Hopwood v. Texas, 78 F.3d 932 (5th Cir. 1996), cert. denied, 518 U.S. 1033 (1996). Strikes down the race-conscious admissions program of the University of Texas Law School. The school used lower minimum criteria for African American and Mexican American candidates than for other candidates. The Court held that obtaining a racially diverse student body is not a compelling interest under the 14th Amendment.
5. Harding v. Gray, 9 F.3d 150 (D.C. Cir. 1993). D.C. Circuit interpreted McDonnell Douglas (described in our "Civil Rights Cases" category in list at left) to require an additional showing for White plaintiffs in reverse discrimination cases over and above what would be required by minority plaintiffs. The court held that, because racial discrimination against White persons is so rare, in order to establish the necessary inference of discrimination, White plaintiffs must prove "background circumstances" that "support the suspicion that the defendant is that unusual employer who discriminates against the majority." This can be done by showing that plaintiff was better qualified than the minority applicant whom the employer selected.
6. Lucas v. Dole, 835 F.2d 532 (4th cir. 1987). The Fourth Circuit refused to adopt the D.C. Circuit's "background circumstances" requirement and instead applied McDonnell Douglas test in the same way to White and Black plaintiff. White plaintiff satisfied her burden in this case where she showed that she was more qualified than the selected minority applicant, that the interviewing process was too subjective, that the minority applicant had received irregular acts of favoritism, and that other employees believed that race was a factor.
7. Schafer v. Board of Public Education, 903 F.2d 243 (3d Cir. 1990). Reverse sexual discrimination case. The court held that male teacher stated a claim for discrimination where he was not allowed to take a year of paternity leave, while female teachers were allowed to take similar amount of maternity leave. Distinctions between men and women can be made with respect to physical disabilities related to pregnancy or the delivery of a child, but not with respect to child rearing.
"Reverse" Discrimination Landmark Cases

Wrong simpleton, states started to secede because Northerners did not and attempted to block the expansion of slavery into the new territories. Lincoln was perfectly satisfied with slavery being continued in those states that were already slave states, but he opposed expansion of slavery into newly acquired territory. :

Civil War - MSN Encarta

quote where I have stated that the civil war was the product of the expansion of slavery, idiot.

In the days of the American Revolution and of the adoption of the Constitution, differences between North and South were dwarfed by their common interest in establishing a new nation. But sectionalism steadily grew stronger. During the 19th century the South remained almost completely agricultural, with an economy and a social order largely founded on slavery and the plantation system. These mutually dependent institutions produced the staples, especially cotton, from which the South derived its wealth. The North had its own great agricultural resources, was always more advanced commercially, and was also expanding industrially.

Hostility between the two sections grew perceptibly after 1820, the year of the Missouri Compromise, which was intended as a permanent solution to the issue in which that hostility was most clearly expressed—the question of the extension or prohibition of slavery in the federal territories of the West. Difficulties over the tariff (which led John C. Calhoun and South Carolina to nullification and to an extreme states' rights stand) and troubles over internal improvements were also involved, but the territorial issue nearly always loomed largest. In the North moral indignation increased with the rise of the abolitionists in the 1830s. Since slavery was unadaptable to much of the territorial lands, which eventually would be admitted as free states, the South became more anxious about maintaining its position as an equal in the Union. Southerners thus strongly supported the annexation of Texas (certain to be a slave state) and the Mexican War and even agitated for the annexation of Cuba.
Causes of the Civil War

Lincoln began his public career by claiming that he was "antislavery" -- against slavery's expansion but not calling for immediate emancipation. However, the man who began as "antislavery" eventually issued the Emancipation Proclamation, which freed all slaves in those states that were in rebellion. He vigorously supported the 13th Amendment which abolished slavery throughout the United States, and, in the last speech of his life, he recommended extending the vote to African Americans.
Lincoln on Slavery

| "...the institution of slavery is founded upon both injustice and bad policy..." March 3, 1837 |
| "That sight was a continual torment to me..." August 24, 1855 |
| "...If A. can prove...that he may, of right enslave B. -- why may not B..." July 1, 1854 |
| "...I have no prejudice against the Southern people..." October 16, 1854 |
| "I have always hated slavery..." July 10, 1858 |
| "As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master..." August 1, 1858 |
| "...eradicating the light of reason and the love of liberty..." October 7, 1858 |
| "...our fathers did not make this nation half slave and half free..." October 13, 1858 |
| "...I combat it has having an evil tendency..." October 15, 1858 |
| "It is the eternal struggle between these two principles -- right and wrong..." October 15, 1858 |
| "I believe the declara[tion] that all men are created equal' is the great fundamental principle..." October 18, 1858 |
| "I do not wish to be misunderstood upon this subject of slavery..." March 1, 1859 |
| "Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves..." April 6, 1859 |
| "I think Slavery is wrong, morally, and politically..." September 17, 1859 |
| "Free labor has the inspiration of hope; pure slavery has no hope..." September 17, 1859 |
| "...I am inflexible." February 1, 1861 |
| Lincoln's Last Public Address April 11, 1865 |

Lincoln on Slavery

Causes of the Civil War

The chief and immediate cause of the war was slavery. Southern states, including the 11 states that formed the Confederacy, depended on slavery to support their economy. Southerners used slave labor to produce crops, especially cotton. Although slavery was illegal in the Northern states, only a small proportion of Northerners actively opposed it. The main debate between the North and the South on the eve of the war was whether slavery should be permitted in the Western territories recently acquired during the Mexican War (1846-1848), including New Mexico, part of California, and Utah. Opponents of slavery were concerned about its expansion, in part because they did not want to compete against slave labor.

The Avalon Project : First Inaugural Address of Abraham Lincoln

First Inaugural Address of Abraham Lincoln

MONDAY, MARCH 4, 1861

You have CLEARLY never heard of the Missouri Compromise.

Missouri Compromise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which, I must say.. doesn't shock me at all.

And, if you want Lincoln quotes then scroll up. It's awfully pathetic of you, a black man, to discount the man who wrote the fucking Emancipation Proclimation.

The Emancipation Proclamation consists of two executive orders issued by United States President Abraham Lincoln during the American Civil War. The first one, issued September 22, 1862, declared the freedom of all slaves in any state of the Confederate States of America that did not return to Union control by January 1, 1863. The second order, issued January 1, 1863, named the specific states where it applied.

The Emancipation Proclamation was widely attacked at the time as freeing only the slaves over which the Union had no power. In practice, it committed the Union to ending slavery, which was a controversial decision in the North. Lincoln issued the Executive Order by his authority as "Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy" under Article II, section 2 of the United States Constitution.

Emancipation Proclamation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Booker T. Washington, as a boy of 9, remembered the day in early 1865:[7]
“ As the great day drew nearer, there was more singing in the slave quarters than usual. It was bolder, had more ring, and lasted later into the night. Most of the verses of the plantation songs had some reference to freedom.... Some man who seemed to be a stranger (a United States officer, I presume) made a little speech and then read a rather long paper—the Emancipation Proclamation, I think. After the reading we were told that we were all free, and could go when and where we pleased. My mother, who was standing by my side, leaned over and kissed her children, while tears of joy ran down her cheeks. She explained to us what it all meant, that this was the day for which she had been so long praying, but fearing that she would never live to see.

Emancipation Proclamation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

....I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.......There is much controversy about the delivering up of fugitives from service or labor. The clause I now read is as plainly written in the Constitution as any other of its provisions:

No person held to service or labor in one State, under the laws thereof, escaping into another, shall in consequence of any law or regulation therein be discharged from such service or labor, but shall be delivered up on claim of the party to whom such service or labor may be due.[/b)

It is scarcely questioned that this provision was intended by those who made it for the reclaiming of what we call fugitive slaves; and the intention of the lawgiver is the law. All members of Congress swear their support to the whole Constitution--to this provision as much as to any other. To the proposition, then, that slaves whose cases come within the terms of this clause "shall be delivered up" their oaths are unanimous. Now, if they would make the effort in good temper, could they not with nearly equal unanimity frame and pass a law by means of which to keep good that unanimous oath?

Again, if you want to see Lincoln quotes then scroll up. Pretending that an INAUGURATION speech means anything is a laughing fucking farce. Hell, how much shit did BUSH promise during HIS speech? Clinton? Reagan? Indeed, your narrow perspective pretty much illustrates why it's not white people keeping you out of college rather than your own wildfire ignorance.

Shogun is seriously retarded and can't even discern data in an intelligent manner so the Bass will repeat it.

1) Whites normally tend to be evenly divided between being Democrats and Republicans when the two face off, and or even when white Democrats and white Republicans face off against people within their own parties. Regardless, unless there's a landslide advantage, whites tend to be even divided when facing each other.

Hey, I posted the election results of the last election. Feel free to post ELECTION results by race and see how stupid your assumptions are. 77% of the population trumps your pathetic fucking 15%. THATS the fact. Black votes mean two things: jack and shit. Otherwise, the dems wouldnt need to court your democraphic ALONE in order to fend of republicans and we would not have seen two bush terms.

Again, PLEASE post your evidence. If it's as hilarious as your grasp on the Civil War I look forward to it.

2) Therefore votes from non-white minorities, off which African Americans are one, can be and or are the deciding factor that tips the balance to either side in the same manner of a tiebreaker. Therefore minorities are capable of welding considrable voting power even though numerically their numbers aren't as large as the majority white population.

LOLOLLOLOLOL<OLO<LOL!

Oh this shit never gets old.

Like I said.. POST your evidence of the big bad minority vote, stupid. I'll take hard numbers instead of your nubian fantasy.

Now thats what the Bass was basically saying the first time around only this time the Bass had to dumb it down for you understand it since your mind seems to only function in a rudimenatry fashion.

hey, ONCE AGAIN, feel free to post the actual post-election demographics. There is not a single election that has EVER been decided due to a split white vote that was called by the input of blacks. NEVER. If you can name a sinlge fucking federal election then do it.

and, while you are at it, give me the name of the black dude that had anything to do with the forming of the Constitution! Peanut Butter and taking a bullet is HARDLY impressive!

you've just had your black ass handed to you by a white guy. Feel free to play the race card. Or, use the standard drive by shooting method.. whatever you think you have a firmer grasp on!

:eusa_angel:

Speech at Cincinnati, Ohio
September 17, 1859

I think Slavery is wrong, morally, and politically. I desire that it should be no further spread in these United States, and I should not object if it should gradually terminate in the whole Union.

Lincoln

To James N. Brown
October 18, 1858

I do not perceive how I can express myself, more plainly, than I have done in the foregoing extracts. In four of them I have expressly disclaimed all intention to bring about social and political equality between the white and black races, and, in all the rest, I have done the same thing by clear implication.

I have made it equally plain that I think the negro is included in the word "men" used in the Declaration of Independence.

I believe the declara[tion] that "all men are created equal" is the great fundamental principle upon which our free institutions rest; that negro slavery is violative of that principle; but that, by our frame of government, that principle has not been made one of legal obligation; that by our frame of government, the States which have slavery are to retain it, or surrender it at their own pleasure; and that all others -- individuals, free-states and national government -- are constitutionally bound to leave them alone about it.

I believe our government was thus framed because of the necessity springing from the actual presence of slavery, when it was framed.

That such necessity does not exist in the teritories[sic], where slavery is not present.

...It does not follow that social and political equality between whites and blacks, must be
incorporated, because slavery must not.

Bass, here’s something I always wanted to say to a black american.

Because most blacks never lived abroad let alone in third world countries, you, and the american black community take America for granted. You simply don’t know any other reality.

I don’t want to present a stereotyped image of Mexico since “only” 17.6% of its population lives in extreme poverty (I mean, we’re not talking about a fifth world country).

But this is what I’m trying to say, Bass:

If you wash dishes for a living in America you can afford to travel to Europe once every year. But if you do the same thing in Mexico you can barely feed your family.

I say: send the black american community to live six months in Mexico and they’ll never complain about America anymore.

Bass sounds exactly like many mexican indians who blame the white minority (19%) as if they were Conquistadores ravaging and plundering Mexico under the leadership of Cortes himself.

Here’s an advice from “Speedy Gonzalez” to a black american, Bass, or rather, to the entire black american community:

Stop blaming the white majority for the fucked up life of so many blacks, stop complaining about everything and start making use of all the educational opportunities, wonderful job offer and standard of living the country you were fortunate to be born into puts at your disposal.

José;735149 said:

Because most blacks never lived abroad let alone in third world countries, you, and the american black community take America for granted. You simply don’t know any other reality.

I don’t want to present a stereotyped image of Mexico since “only” 17.6% of its population lives in extreme poverty (I mean, we’re not talking about a fifth world country).

But this is what I’m trying to say, Bass:

If you wash dishes for a living in America you can afford to travel to Europe once every year. But if you do the same thing in Mexico you can barely feed your family.

I say: send the black american community to live six months in Mexico and they’ll never complain about America anymore.

Bass sounds exactly like many mexican indians who blame the white minority (19%) as if they were Conquistadores ravaging and plundering Mexico under the leadership of Cortes himself.

Here’s an advice from “Speedy Gonzalez” to a black american, Bass, or rather, to the entire black american community:

Stop blaming the white majority for the fucked up life of so many blacks, stop complaining about everything and start making use of all the educational opportunities, wonderful job offer and standard of living the country you were fortunate to be born into puts at your disposal.

Send all illegals to Africa, via their home countries. Regardless of the problems at home, they'd gain perspective.

Jose, certainly you mean that the salary of a dishwasher in the US would enable a Mexican citizen to travel to Europe once a year. It wouldn't allow an American citizen to travel to Europe once a year, and certainly not be enough to care for a family of four in most cities...maybe in a rural area that has very cheap housing. Even then I'm doubtful.

Jose, certainly you mean that the salary of a dishwasher in the US would enable a Mexican citizen to travel to Europe once a year. It wouldn't allow an American citizen to travel to Europe once a year, and certainly not be enough to care for a family of four in most cities...maybe in a rural area that has very cheap housing. Even then I'm doubtful.

Me, too.

How would it be possible for anyone (however frugal) making a minimum wage, to pay their way while they're working, and save that much money at the same time?

That siad, Jose's point that the working poor are probably better off here than in Mexico sounds probable to me.

Of course, my knowledge about the plight of the working poor of Mexico is basically nil.

José;735149 said:

The Bass is an American and doesn't give a damn what goes on in Mexico or in any other third world country. Just because the Bass hasn't lived in a dirt poor third world country doesn't mean he nor any other Black American should put up with racism and discrimination.

No, if you washed dishes here you couldn't afford enough money to travel to Europe once a year and what is the relevance of this? Are you saying the Bass shouldn't complain about injustice here in America because its much worse other places? Injustice is injustice, unless you are an African American and know the legacy of discrimination that they've been through you are in no position to say anything.

Send every Mexican to some dirt poor village in say, the Sahara desert and they'll never complain about Mexico anymore. We can go back forth with this faulty sort of logic all day.

The white minority did in fact in the past do the same things that you just said and they're still the wealthy elite in country till this day. If the Bass' family kicked down your door 300 years ago and took over your house and everything in it and made you basically a de facto squatter on your own property and countinued this practice for over 300 years while throwing you crumb from the table are saying that your family 300 years later has nothing to struggle about and should comfortable with somebody else on your property liv ing up while simultaneously still keeping you in a state of second class squatterhood?

White people TODAY are not the white people of 110 years ago, bass. I've never had slaves nor have I marginalized modern blacks. go take a lesson from Bill Cosby. it's not white people that keep you down now that we have the strict application of equality (outside of racist affirmative action, of course).

Again, if anything, it's the WHITE MAJORITY shaking off the racist shit from their historic shoe that allows you to shoot from the hip with your racist hardon for social revenge. I'd still love to see how ANY election has ever been decided by a minority due to a split in the white vote.

New Topics

Forum List

Back