Are there any Scientologists here??

amrchaos

Pentheus torn apart
Nov 1, 2008
Miami
I just wanted to get a different perspective on this religion after hearing an interview of the author "Blown For Good"

I heard about the irrational side of the religion(the Xenu/Mystical side) and I am trying to find if there is a rational coherent side that the author did not talk about.

What are the counseling sessions for? What is the mission goal of the religion? What are the philosophical claims and benefits to memebers?

I just wanted to get a different perspective on this religion after hearing an interview of the author "Blown For Good"

I heard about the irrational side of the religion(the Xenu/Mystical side) and I am trying to find if there is a rational coherent side that the author did not talk about.

What are the counseling sessions for? What is the mission goal of the religion? What are the philosophical claims and benefits to memebers?

Well, they are the authority on addiction, mental illness, and emergency medicine.

Just ask them.

I apologize for a troll post that in no way answers your question. I just can't help myself when it comes to David Miscavage's cash cow.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7EEOMbBIO8]YouTube - South Park Proved Right About Scientology XENU Story[/ame]

$scientology-demotivational-poster-1230754771.jpg

$scientology-demotivational-poster-1220254072.jpg

they have some very intelligent people in their organization and have done some excellent investigative journalism on government corruption.. psychiatry and medicine...but other than that the rest of it seems pretty far gone

they have some very intelligent people in their organization and have done some excellent investigative journalism on government corruption.. psychiatry and medicine...but other than that the rest of it seems pretty far gone

every one i've seen has at least 10 kids, whats that about?

They know jack and shit about psychiatry and medicine, and the only reason they care is because they don't appreciate any competition when it comes to the "mind control" racket.

Official Church of Scientology Home Page & Online Videos - What is Scientology, Scientologist Beliefs, Spiritual Healing with Dianetics

Operation Clambake - The Inner Secrets Of Scientology

They know jack and shit about psychiatry and medicine, and the only reason they care is because they don't appreciate any competition when it comes to the "mind control" racket.

I cant speak to their motives but the have broke many stories in these areas later picked up by major news sources and were among the first to bring the connection between antidepressants and suicidal/homicidal reactions which is now an accepted fact right on the warning label and in the ads and also the risk to pregnant woman on these drugs which again is a commonly held belief now...they seem very strange I must admit be they or someone in their organization has done some good work in theses areas

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/A Piece of Blue Sky.pdf

I cant speak to their motives but the have broke many stories in these areas later picked up by major news sources and were among the first to bring the connection between antidepressants and suicidal/homicidal reactions which is now an accepted fact right on the warning label and in the ads and also the risk to pregnant woman on these drugs which again is a commonly held belief now...they seem very strange I must admit be they or someone in their organization has done some good work in theses areas

They hold an inherent belief that psychiatry is evil and psychiatrists should be jailed for crimes against humanity.

As crazy as that is, they're alternative (that mental illness is a manifestation of alien possession that can only be cured by giving $ to the Church of Scientology) is even crazier.

If I go ahead and call that out as bullshit and counterproductive to good mental health, will I also be praised for having "done some good work"?

Stop BS me, dogbert.

That mystical scientific crap has to be the wierdiest thing I ever heard and only encourages me to take a deeper look into Scientology.

In other words--that is some really wild and creative propaganda that tends to backfire against the people that pushes it to discredit Scientology. I think it is best not to repeat that nonsense again.

L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of $cientology, had a psychiatric drug in his body when he died.
The coroners autopsy report lists Vistaril as one of the drugs present in Hubbards body. http://www.xenu.net/archive/hubbardcoroner/hubbard_toxicology_report.jpg
Hydroxyzine (Vistaril) is used as a sedative to treat anxiety and tension.
Vistaril (hydroxyzine) medical facts from Drugs.com

Stop BS me, dogbert.

That mystical scientific crap has to be the wierdiest thing I ever heard and only encourages me to take a deeper look into Scientology.

In other words--that is some really wild and creative propaganda that tends to backfire against the people that pushes it to discredit Scientology. I think it is best not to repeat that nonsense again.

Coming from someone who looked up plenty about Scientology a long time ago, I can tell you that the so called "wild and creative propaganda" is true. From the word go, Scientology is a joke. Seriously, the religion's founder is a Science Fiction writer. You would think that would have people's radars going off in their head but I suppose not for some.

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/A Piece of Blue Sky.pdf

Actually, I have that book in my hands--and I apologize to Dogbert about the Xenu statement. well, except the part on how it actually creates interest in Scientology.

This is nuts--okay, what about its rational side. What good effects doe--Wait a second this crap is nuts!!

They hold an inherent belief that psychiatry is evil and psychiatrists should be jailed for crimes against humanity.

As crazy as that is, they're alternative (that mental illness is a manifestation of alien possession that can only be cured by giving $ to the Church of Scientology) is even crazier.

If I go ahead and call that out as bullshit and counterproductive to good mental health, will I also be praised for having "done some good work"?

like I say i cant speak to their overall agenda but their reporting was very factual and effective in getting certain warnings on labels and that much is a good thing for pregnant and children..the alternatives they offer may very well not be...this is one of my favorite scientology clips...I for a moment I thought it was my first wife.. looks and sounds like her except for the scientology stuff when I watched it I felt annoyed and agitated while simultaneously thinking ...gee shes kinda cute...disturbing to say the least

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocw90W44Boc]YouTube - Scientology - What are your crimes?[/ame]

Last edited:

Are you sure that they were the first to come up with these premises.

According to the author I mentioned, many scientologists claim that they are responsible for the Berlin wall falling. Also, according to Atack, the Scientologists are suppose to have infiltrated most levels of government and most large corporations, thus it is possible that research conducted by the government/corporations could have fallen into their hands before it was made public.

In other words, these "good ideas" may not have been theirs orignially. Of course what I just said sound as nuts as the Xenu story so I wonder if it is not just a program/deprogram facility or privately mananged Asylum.

like I say i cant speak to their overall agenda but their reporting was very factual and effctive in getting certain warnigs on lables and that much is a good thing for pregnant and children..the alternatives they offer may very well not be...this is one of my favorite scientolgy clips...I for a moment I thought it was my first wife.. looks and sounds like her except for the scientolgy stuff when I watched it I felt annyoed and aggitated while simltanously thinkig ...gee shes kinda cute...disturbing to say the least

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocw90W44Boc]YouTube - Scientology - What are your crimes?[/ame]

I think she is trying to antagonize the protestors. That expression on her face is bizarre and the repetition of a question without any basis for me to work off of is confusing--then the accusations were completely off base. Let us say she knew them too be true. Then she is trying to inflict psychological harm.

OK--I think I heard enough.

Forum List

Back