Are There Any Real Ladies On USMB?

i dont feel much like a lady with this hangover...and do ladies play the diddgerdoo? we did that last night....and like ez...i wear a baseball cap...my gloves are fingerless...you know the kind associated with street people.....

i dont feel much like a lady with this hangover...and do ladies play the diddgerdoo? we did that last night....and like ez...i wear a baseball cap...my gloves are fingerless...you know the kind associated with street people.....

I dunno, bones.....somehow I have no trouble imagining you with a Marc Cross handbag and a lace-edged hankie or two.

Remember?

grace_kelly_as_lisa_fremont.jpg

I dunno, bones.....somehow I have no trouble imagining you with a Marc Cross handbag and a lace-edged hankie or two.

Remember?

That was not a Marc Cross "handbag" it was a Marc Cross overnight case. :lol:

Remember?

That was an overnight case and it contained something much like what she is wearing in that pic. Iow, she was fully dressed to seduce James Stewart.

I just watched that movie.

Sarah G. wrote:

That was an overnight case and it contained something much like what she is wearing in that pic. Iow, she was fully dressed to seduce James Stewart.

You are correct. I did not expect to find so many Hitchcock fans here. Wonderful movie, ain't it?

Syrenn wrote:

That was not a Marc Cross "handbag" it was a Marc Cross overnight case.

Picky, picky, picky. I see I'm not the only one who has watched this movie a dozen times!

And hankies with lace are useless. :lol: Mine are white with a monogram on them.

I used to make them, long time ago. My Scottish granny could tat (make lace with a shuttle) and taught me how.....I haven't done it in thirty years, and I'm sure I couldn't again. Lace hankies serve their purpose....ever drop one to get a man's attention?

Picky, picky, picky. I see I'm not the only one who has watched this movie a dozen times!

And hankies with lace are useless. :lol: Mine are white with a monogram on them.

I used to make them, long time ago. My Scottish granny could tat (make lace with a shuttle) and taught me how.....I haven't done it in thirty years, and I'm sure I couldn't again. Lace hankies serve their purpose....ever drop one to get a man's attention?

My aunt could tat, but i never learned.

Are you joking? :lol: No ive never dropped anything to get a mans attention.

I'm going to be a gentleman and leave this one alone. Ripe with material, but I'll pass.

I'm going to be a gentleman and leave this one alone. Ripe with material, but I'll pass.

N-e-v-e-r?

Remember?

Yeah, Grace Kelly probably had to try every trick in the book to get attention.

Sarah G. wrote:

You are correct. I did not expect to find so many Hitchcock fans here. Wonderful movie, ain't it?

It was amazing. I was so tense when she got into that apartment..

Yeah, Grace Kelly probably had to try every trick in the book to get attention.

In the movie, she did have to try. James was very cool and suave.

Annie, you are right and I apologize for not listing you.

Without hats and gloves, how do we tell the ladies from the non-ladies?

I kinda sorta miss the hats and gloves, myself. Not all the repression and whatnot, just the gentility. And the accessories...my Mommy had such lovely accessories.

Anyone remember hats with veils?

6a0120a65f64b9970c0133f1b8046a970b-300wi

Yeah, and that Evening in Paris perfume. (Which BTW you could by from a site called The Shop at Irma Shorell<br>Long Lost Perfume.

Also other perfumes from that day are available there. I have some, they have bought the copyrights of some of those old perfumes, but they can't call them the same thing. The old Evening in Paris on that site is called Twilight, I believe, and it is the real deal.

They also make the old Jungle Gardenia, and call it Tuvache perfume. Got that one as well.

Last edited:

I kinda sorta miss the hats and gloves, myself. Not all the repression and whatnot, just the gentility. And the accessories...my Mommy had such lovely accessories.

Yeah, and that Evening in Paris perfume. (Which BTW you could by from a site called The Shop at Irma Shorell<br>Long Lost Perfume.

Also other perfumes from that day are available there. I have some, they have bought the copyrights of some of those old perfumes, but they can't call them the same thing. The old Evening in Paris on that site is called Twilight, I believe, and it is the real deal.

They also make the old Jungle Gardenia, and call it Tuvache perfume. Got that one as well.

O I remember Jungle Gardenia! I wouldn't mind having that....thankies so much for the link!

O I remember Jungle Gardenia! I wouldn't mind having that....thankies so much for the link!
:eek::eek::eek: jungle gardenia?

Cheap ho in a bottle!

:eek::eek::eek: jungle gardenia?

Cheap ho in a bottle!

We are talking France here, sounds about right.

Forum List

Back