Are there any real feminists on USMB?

No, but I see you managed to slip through his loophole by agreeing that a man should be able to refuse to pay child support. I have no problem with that, myself. Though it does condemn men to being nothing more than penises...which of course is a choice they are free to make.

I'm happy for you that you fit Buttemia's definition of feminist. Good show!

I doubt I ever will because it is my belief that a man no more has a right to determine what a woman does with her body than a woman has a right to determine what a man does with his body.

woe is me! *sob*

Still, his notion that feminists only want power is laughable. Everyone wants power over their own bodies and destinies.

A human trait, not a male or female trait.

Buttemia is a classic sexist. :lol:

Are you whining because you have a uterus or are you claiming that it gives you power over men when it comes to breeding ?
The only power I have over men is the ability to make them drool on command. ;)

That puts you right up there with a juicy hambuger.:lol:

And still Buttemia won't answer the question.

As far as I can tell from this mighty interweb battle, Maddie thinks the power to choose lies solely with women and Buttemia thinks it lies solely with men.

Which makes Buttemia's claim of third wave feminists being MOSTLY about power very ironic.

Why don't you sit back and watch how my conversation with Ravi transpires and in the mean time ponder the fact that if women AND men don't want a baby that both have an equal and powerful choice that works every time. Don't have sex. There is your choice
Arguing for ANOTHER choice is asking for MORE power than men unless you are willing to give them a second choice too.

Because whether you approve or not, since 1973 women have had the right to choose. I know this chaps your ass and you would like for men to have that choice instead of women, but since it ain't their bodies that'll never happen.

You are in the same position to evaluate a woman's qualifications as a feminist as I would be to decide who is racist enough to join the Tea Party. Which is to say, not at all.

and you know this how ?---are you using your super secret mind reading powers again ?
I do admire you ability to admit that you think women should have more power than men SOLEY because they are women though. Sorta ranks right up there with whites having power over blacks SOLEY because of skin color.

More womb envy.

*Yawns*

As far as I can tell from this mighty interweb battle, Maddie thinks the power to choose lies solely with women and Buttemia thinks it lies solely with men.

Which makes Buttemia's claim of third wave feminists being MOSTLY about power very ironic.

As far as I can tell from this mighty interweb battle, Maddie thinks the power to choose lies solely with women and Buttemia thinks it lies solely with men

It's OK. Your powers of comprehension were never that highly respected anyway

Because whether you approve or not, since 1973 women have had the right to choose. I know this chaps your ass and you would like for men to have that choice instead of women, but since it ain't their bodies that'll never happen.

You are in the same position to evaluate a woman's qualifications as a feminist as I would be to decide who is racist enough to join the Tea Party. Which is to say, not at all.

and you know this how ?---are you using your super secret mind reading powers again ?
I do admire you ability to admit that you think women should have more power than men SOLEY because they are women though. Sorta ranks right up there with whites having power over blacks SOLEY because of skin color.

More womb envy.

*Yawns*

My sister always had a knack for getting tired when she was losing to me at a game of gin rummy too. :lol:

As far as I can tell from this mighty interweb battle, Maddie thinks the power to choose lies solely with women and Buttemia thinks it lies solely with men

How is Ravi in error, genius?

How is Ravi in error, genius?

Do your own homework.

Then explain what he means.

Why don't you sit back and watch how my conversation with Ravi transpires and in the mean time ponder the fact that if women AND men don't want a baby that both have an equal and powerful choice that works every time. Don't have sex. There is your choice
Arguing for ANOTHER choice is asking for MORE power than men unless you are willing to give them a second choice too.

modern neo-feminists who, much like those same groups who took over the Coloured Civil Rights movement, seek to invert, rather than abolish, the historical system of exploitation and socio-economic and political inequality.

called it

Then explain what he means.

I can't explain what he means to the intentionally ignorant. It's just another of those walls that are impermeable.

As some of you might already be aware, the subject of feminism came up in a recent thread- specifically the contrast between the 1st and 2nd-wavers who believed in equality, responsibility, and independence and the modern neo-feminists who, much like those same groups who took over the Coloured Civil Rights movement, seek to invert, rather than abolish, the historical system of exploitation and socio-economic and political inequality.

My question is this: are there any real feminists here? Si seems to get it, and Pixie sounds like the real deal. Anyone else? They seem to be a rare breed nowadays.

Why are you asking? Do you have a shirt that needs to be ironed?
:eusa_eh:

I'm asking you to learn how to read.

Are you whining because you have a uterus or are you claiming that it gives you power over men when it comes to breeding ?

Women as a piece of meat.... I swear I've heard that before.... :lol:

Funny that she prides herself on being what feminists so oft condemn men for viewing women as being...

Far as I can tell, you're an imbecile and need to learn to read.

Funny that she prides herself on being what feminists so oft condemn men for viewing women as being...
I've never claimed to be a feminist. I am simply me.

It really is a shame you are too much of a coward to answer questions.

funny yet highly consistent with her hypocritical style of sophistry.

Are you talking about in regards to pregnancy?
Of course we should have more power, it is OUR body that is carrying the baby. This is nothing compared to race.

Are you talking about in regards to pregnancy?
Of course we should have more power, it is OUR body that is carrying the baby. This is nothing compared to race.

Then BE powerful enough and keep that nasty sperm outta there.

Forum List

Back