Are there any real feminists on USMB?

I have no idea what all the waves are supposed to be about, goldcatt.

You don't know what feminism is about. You've shown us that much.
I quit reading Ms magazine in the 1970's. JB is aggravated because I oppose giving men the power to get government to bully women into aborting on command, and I oppose eliminating child support rights in babies whose fathers did not want them.
What the fuck are you babbling about? It's like your have your own discussions on your head.

Give it a rest, JB. You want to shame me into agreeing with you that men should have the last word on whether or not a woman aborts or, alternatively, get to walk away from the babies they make with no financial obligation.

When I next need your approval for my POV, I'll be in touch. Wait right by the PC.....dun wander off.

I want to shame you into agreeing with something only you've said?

Anyway....male or female, if you don't accept the consequences of your actions, IMO you have failed Adulthood 101.
Now apply that to those who choose to have a baby outside of a committed relationship and knowing that their partner (boy/girlfriend, random guy at a party, or whatever) has no intention of being involved.

I have.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-and-justice-system/138094-abortion-why-men-dont-get-a-say.html

Why do we need two threads about the same fucking thing, JB?

You don't know what feminism is about. You've shown us that much.
What the fuck are you babbling about? It's like your have your own discussions on your head.

Give it a rest, JB. You want to shame me into agreeing with you that men should have the last word on whether or not a woman aborts or, alternatively, get to walk away from the babies they make with no financial obligation.

When I next need your approval for my POV, I'll be in touch. Wait right by the PC.....dun wander off.

I want to shame you into agreeing with something only you've said?

I'm more'n happy to accept sole responsibility for my POV, but this is inaccurate. Of the women who replied on that thread, PixieStix opposes a woman's right to choose altogether. Si has some creepy notion that men should get to walk out on unwanted babies, and the other ladies agreed....men have no right -- no legally enforcable right -- to compel a woman to abort or not, and should not have one.

Fail.

You spent that entire thread arguing in favour of using an unborn or young baby as a weapon to control men and avoid taking responsibility for your actions and decisions.

Anyway....male or female, if you don't accept the consequences of your actions, IMO you have failed Adulthood 101.
Now apply that to those who choose to have a baby outside of a committed relationship and knowing that their partner (boy/girlfriend, random guy at a party, or whatever) has no intention of being involved.

I have.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-and-justice-system/138094-abortion-why-men-dont-get-a-say.html

Why do we need two threads about the same fucking thing, JB?

In case you didn't notice, this is a thread about third wave political hacks vs. first and second wave feminists.

I know it takes some attention away from you, but you might get over it.

Nonsense. Power is something that everyone wants.

I see now that Buttemia defines "real" feminist as someone that opposes abortion.

More divisive bullshit designed to pit women against each other.
Hmmm, I don't oppose the right to choose abortion. Not at all.
No, but I see you managed to slip through his loophole by agreeing that a man should be able to refuse to pay child support. I have no problem with that, myself. Though it does condemn men to being nothing more than penises...which of course is a choice they are free to make.

I'm happy for you that you fit Buttemia's definition of feminist. Good show!

I doubt I ever will because it is my belief that a man no more has a right to determine what a woman does with her body than a woman has a right to determine what a man does with his body.

woe is me! *sob*

Still, his notion that feminists only want power is laughable. Everyone wants power over their own bodies and destinies.

A human trait, not a male or female trait.

Buttemia is a classic sexist. :lol:

Are you whining because you have a uterus or are you claiming that it gives you power over men when it comes to breeding ?

No, but I see you managed to slip through his loophole by agreeing that a man should be able to refuse to pay child support. I have no problem with that, myself. Though it does condemn men to being nothing more than penises...which of course is a choice they are free to make.

I doubt I ever will because it is my belief that a man no more has a right to determine what a woman does with her body than a woman has a right to determine what a man does with his body.

woe is me! *sob*

Still, his notion that feminists only want power is laughable. Everyone wants power over their own bodies and destinies.

Are you whining because you have a uterus or are you claiming that it gives you power over men when it comes to breeding ?

Are you going to lecture Ravi on becoming a better feminist, dilloduck? Might want to apologize for suggesting women who wish to avoid unwanted pregnancies should avoid sex altogether, first. Especially since you see no reason to suggest the same to men.

Fail.

You spent that entire thread arguing in favour of using an unborn or young baby as a weapon to control men and avoid taking responsibility for your actions and decisions.

Baby as weapon? I believe that is how you see women, JB. Dun lay your personal problems on my desk.

Nah, a baby isn't a weapon - or shouldn't be. But it is a responsibility. A shared one, since it takes a little sharing to create it in the first place. Again, hardly rocket science.

woe is me! *sob*

Are you going to lecture Ravi on becoming a better feminist, dilloduck? Might want to apologize for suggesting women who wish to avoid unwanted pregnancies should avoid sex altogether, first. Especially since you see no reason to suggest the same to men.

Why don't you sit back and watch how my conversation with Ravi transpires and in the mean time ponder the fact that if women AND men don't want a baby that both have an equal and powerful choice that works every time. Don't have sex. There is your choice
Arguing for ANOTHER choice is asking for MORE power than men unless you are willing to give them a second choice too.

Why don't you sit back and watch how my conversation with Ravi transpires and in the mean time ponder the fact that if women AND men don't want a baby that both have an equal and powerful choice that works every time. Don't have sex. There is your choice
Arguing for ANOTHER choice is asking for MORE power than men unless you are willing to give them a second choice too.

Well said.

Because whether you approve or not, since 1973 women have had the right to choose. I know this chaps your ass and you would like for men to have that choice instead of women, but since it ain't their bodies that'll never happen.

You are in the same position to evaluate a woman's qualifications as a feminist as I would be to decide who is racist enough to join the Tea Party. Which is to say, not at all.

Because whether you approve or not, since 1973 women have had the right to choose. I know this chaps your ass and you would like for men to have that choice instead of women, but since it ain't their bodies that'll never happen.

You are in the same position to evaluate a woman's qualifications as a feminist as I would be to decide who is racist enough to join the Tea Party. Which is to say, not at all.

and you know this how ?---are you using your super secret mind reading powers again ?
I do admire you ability to admit that you think women should have more power than men SOLEY because they are women though. Sorta ranks right up there with whites having power over blacks SOLEY because of skin color.

As some of you might already be aware, the subject of feminism came up in a recent thread- specifically the contrast between the 1st and 2nd-wavers who believed in equality, responsibility, and independence and the modern neo-feminists who, much like those same groups who took over the Coloured Civil Rights movement, seek to invert, rather than abolish, the historical system of exploitation and socio-economic and political inequality.

My question is this: are there any real feminists here? Si seems to get it, and Pixie sounds like the real deal. Anyone else? They seem to be a rare breed nowadays.

Why are you asking? Do you have a shirt that needs to be ironed?

woe is me! *sob*

The only power I have over men is the ability to make them drool on command. ;)

As some of you might already be aware, the subject of feminism came up in a recent thread- specifically the contrast between the 1st and 2nd-wavers who believed in equality, responsibility, and independence and the modern neo-feminists who, much like those same groups who took over the Coloured Civil Rights movement, seek to invert, rather than abolish, the historical system of exploitation and socio-economic and political inequality.

My question is this: are there any real feminists here? Si seems to get it, and Pixie sounds like the real deal. Anyone else? They seem to be a rare breed nowadays.

Why are you asking? Do you have a shirt that needs to be ironed?
:lol: I am going to have to rep you for that one.

Forum List

Back