Are there any real feminists on USMB?

JB, the day has not dawned when I will allow some man to bully me into feeling I dun satisfy the standards of feminism. You think women who oppose their own civil rights and those of the children they bear are the "only true feminists"?

Who gives a fuck. You are wrong, but seriously.

Who gives a fuck.

You'd have to define what you mean by a REAL feminist.

And then of course, we'd have to GUESS if the ladies here are of that ilk.
Did you read the OP?

...1st and 2nd-wavers who believed in equality, responsibility, and independence

You want "independence" for men who would rather not pay child support as a consolation prize for not getting the government to bully women into aborting on command. This entire thread is pathetic.

That we agree doesn't bother me.

What bothers me is that Buttemia somehow believes he is entitled to define the word feminist and claim that anyone that doesn't agree to his narrow view cannot be a feminist.

He uses women as tools.
I've heard the terms first and second wave of feminism long before I ever even heard of USMB, let alone JB.

The third wave of feminism doesn't interest me and does feminism a disservice with it's lack of focus on first principles and lack of strategy, just for example, IMO.

Buttemia said:
POWER: the one desire of the modern feminazi

Responsibility and equality: the aims of true feminsism

Nonsense. Power is something that everyone wants.

I see now that Buttemia defines "real" feminist as someone that opposes abortion.

More divisive bullshit designed to pit women against each other.
:eusa_eh:

What are you babbling about? You just make this shit up as you go along, don't you?

You're not a very smart troll

I doubt I ever will because it is my belief that a man no more has a right to determine what a woman does with her body than a woman has a right to determine what a man does with his body.

You do realize that a separate organism isn't part of your body, right?
Still, his notion that feminists only want power is laughable.

Clearly, reading comprehension isn't your forte'.

Buttemia is a classic sexist. :lol:

You're an idiot.

And I'm on record as pro-choice as outlined here, here, and here.

Oh, and the second link also has a lesson in real feminism for you. We already went over this with another feminazi, JD_2B.

That we agree doesn't bother me.

What bothers me is that Buttemia somehow believes he is entitled to define the word feminist and claim that anyone that doesn't agree to his narrow view cannot be a feminist.

He uses women as tools.
First and second wave feminism was defined by... the second-wave feminists.

This occurred before I even existed.

JB, the day has not dawned when I will allow some man to bully me into feeling I dun satisfy the standards of feminism..
Noone's bullying you and the fact that you make it a matter of sex and gender politics proves you're not a real feminist. If you were, it wouldn't matter what was between your legs or mine.

I consider myself a second wave feminist. JB's definition and my view of it are very similar, actually. What it all boils down to is having the right and the power to choose - not just in reproduction but all areas in life. With those rights as with all rights must come equal responsibility for both the rewards and the consequences of the choices made. This ain't rocket science.

JB, the day has not dawned when I will allow some man to bully me into feeling I dun satisfy the standards of feminism..
Noone's bullying you and the fact that you make it a matter of sex and gender politics proves you're not a real feminist. If you were, it wouldn't matter what was between your legs or mine.

You patronizing snot-nosed bullshit artist. You couldn't find a feminist idea with both hands and a flashlight and if you did, you'd oppose it.

I consider myself a second wave feminist. JB's definition and my view of it are very similar, actually. What it all boils down to is having the right and the power to choose - not just in reproduction but all areas in life. With those rights as with all rights must come equal responsibility for both the rewards and the consequences of the choices made. This ain't rocket science.

I have no idea what all the waves are supposed to be about, goldcatt. I quit reading Ms magazine in the 1970's. JB is aggravated because I oppose giving men the power to get government to bully women into aborting on command, and I oppose eliminating child support rights in babies whose fathers did not want them.

If there has been some group of "gimmie chicks" asking for privileges they did not want to be responsible for, I missed it.

I have no idea what all the waves are supposed to be about, goldcatt.

You don't know what feminism is about. You've shown us that much.
I quit reading Ms magazine in the 1970's. JB is aggravated because I oppose giving men the power to get government to bully women into aborting on command, and I oppose eliminating child support rights in babies whose fathers did not want them.
What the fuck are you babbling about? It's like your have your own discussions on your head.

I have no idea what all the waves are supposed to be about, goldcatt. I quit reading Ms magazine in the 1970's. JB is aggravated because I oppose giving men the power to get government to bully women into aborting on command, and I oppose eliminating child support rights in babies whose fathers did not want them.

If there has been some group of "gimmie chicks" asking for privileges they did not want to be responsible for, I missed it.

There is that group, Maddy. The ones who want all the power but want to avoid responsibility - often by playing the martyr when their choices turn bad. They're not the majority by any means, but they exist. I think that's as sexist as it gets, myself. If I'm truly equal then I have an equal obligation to own my choices and whatever comes about because of them - good or bad.

And I've never read Ms. in my life. :lol:

There is that group, Maddy. The ones who want all the power but want to avoid responsibility - often by playing the martyr when their choices turn bad. They're not the majority by any means, but they exist. I think that's as sexist as it gets, myself. If I'm truly equal then I have an equal obligation to own my choices and whatever comes about because of them - good or bad.

Never? Not even once? Wow.

Anyway....male or female, if you don't accept the consequences of your actions, IMO you have failed Adulthood 101.

I have no idea what all the waves are supposed to be about, goldcatt.

You don't know what feminism is about. You've shown us that much.
I quit reading Ms magazine in the 1970's. JB is aggravated because I oppose giving men the power to get government to bully women into aborting on command, and I oppose eliminating child support rights in babies whose fathers did not want them.
What the fuck are you babbling about? It's like your have your own discussions on your head.

Give it a rest, JB. You want to shame me into agreeing with you that men should have the last word on whether or not a woman aborts or, alternatively, get to walk away from the babies they make with no financial obligation.

When I next need your approval for my POV, I'll be in touch. Wait right by the PC.....dun wander off.

Never? Not even once? Wow.

Anyway....male or female, if you don't accept the consequences of your actions, IMO you have failed Adulthood 101.

Exactly. :clap2:

Now apply that to those who choose to have a baby outside of a committed relationship and knowing that their partner (boy/girlfriend, random guy at a party, or whatever) has no intention of being involved.

:thup:

It looks like there are several of us here after all.

We just aren't big spammers, I suppose.

Forum List

Back