Are there any other blues fans on here?

He was one heck of a guitarist, wasn't he? It's interesting that around 1990, when I believe his Still Got The Blues album/CD came out, he had switched his focus from hard rock/metal to blues. I'm so glad he did. Still Got The Blues is one of my favorite post 1980's blues albums.

He was one heck of a guitarist, wasn't he? It's interesting that around 1990, when I believe his Still Got The Blues album/CD came out, he had switched his focus from hard rock/metal to blues. I'm so glad he did. Still Got The Blues is one of my favorite post 1980's blues albums.
And so underrated compared to other 'blues/rock' players like Eric Clapton or whoever. Gary did stuff that you see guys like Joe Bonamassa trying to copy but never quite get there. He was amazing. His fingertip calluses were probably like leather from all that vibrato he used.

I'm a big fan of blues music, especially the classic Chicago Blues of the 1950's and 60's. Muddy Waters is my all-time favorite blues musician, and probably my favorite in ANY music genre. I also really like the music of Howlin' Wolf and Little Walter. I like a lot of the pre-World War Two acoustic country blues as well. Robert Johnson and Skip James are my favorite pre-War blues musicians.

I dig em all but SRV is top of my playlist.

Do you play?

I'm a big fan of blues music, especially the classic Chicago Blues of the 1950's and 60's. Muddy Waters is my all-time favorite blues musician, and probably my favorite in ANY music genre. I also really like the music of Howlin' Wolf and Little Walter. I like a lot of the pre-World War Two acoustic country blues as well. Robert Johnson and Skip James are my favorite pre-War blues musicians.

Do you play?
I DON'T play any instruments, but I can sing the blues. I tried out for a blues band that needed a singer some years ago in Phoenix, Arizona. I didn't do as well as I had hoped I would because I was so nervous. They offered me another tryout, but I didn't care for the lead guitarist who was the leader of the band, so I declined. And Stevie Ray is one of my favorites. He played and sang with SO much soul and emotion. He's probably my favorite modern blues artist, post 1970's. It's a shame he died so young. I believe he was just 36 years of age.

Do you play?
I DON'T play any instruments, but I can sing the blues. I tried out for a blues band that needed a singer some years ago in Phoenix, Arizona. I didn't do as well as I had hoped I would because I was so nervous. They offered me another tryout, but I didn't care for the lead guitarist who was the leader of the band, so I declined. And Stevie Ray is one of my favorites. He played and sang with SO much soul and emotion. He's probably my favorite modern blues artist, post 1970's. It's a shame he died so young. I believe he was just 36 years of age.

You should check out wikiloops.com

It's all original stuff and singers are much needed.

You can literally jam with other musicians all over the world.

There were lots of outstanding songs on that album. Here's another from Still got the Blues.

Not only was he a great guitarist, he was a heck of a vocalist too.

There were lots of outstanding songs on that album. Here's another from Still got the Blues.

Not only was he a great guitarist, he was a heck of a vocalist too.

True. He could cover others easily playing or singing, but not many could ever truly
cover him....his tone, feeling , voice, stage presence except for Stevie Ray Vaughan maybe.

Both left us way too soon.:206:

I am just starting to get into it. Mainly been a classic rock guy but this spring I had a group of six guys charter my boat for three days. Great group of guys and some of the best fisherman I had on my boat all year. They would limit on walleye in the first two hours then we would go smally and white bass fishing. On the final day when we were getting our fish cleaned I was smokin and jokin with them out at the picnic table out side the fish cleaning place and one of the guys asks me if I would like to hear his new record. The cd he gave me has not been released yet but here is an old song by him.

Forum List

Back