Are There Any Moderates Here?

I Self-Identify As:

• Total voters
I brought up the dispute of crowd size at his inauguration simply to point out that something so trivial should be immaterial to the president as should the size of the popular vote and the constant criticism of by the media.

Welp... this is a different kind of president. Indeed, it IS trivial and the NY Times should've never started it by publishing the bogus photo. Nor should all the hullabaloo ensued over the popular vote. It's simply childish and immature. But Trump isn't going to let this stuff go and "rise above it" like other Republican presidents might have... he is going to use it to bludgeon the opposition and make them wish they'd kept their mouths shut. He's going to rub their noses in the absurdity for the whole world to see, mocking them every step of the way.

Thursday's press conference is a great example of the perceptive contrast between the left and right. Most on the left saw Trump as being agitated and upset at the media... the right saw him handing their asses to them. The lefties were shocked and appalled, the righties cheered in fist-pumping jubilation. Finally, someone let these media assholes have it!

And here's the thing, this is going to keep on happening and he will continue turning it into political points like he's been doing for nearly two years now. I stand by the statement I made back when the primaries first started... the ONLY way to defeat Trump is on substance and issues. This attacking over personality plays right into his expert hands and he will continue to make you look like fools.
The president can use his time in office to battle the media or he can spend his time managing the government and sponsoring incentives and legislation, which by the way is his job. However, he will eventually not be able to do both because the media will keep increasing their attacks and investigations because they want to engage the president and each time he recognizes them by calling them out by name, network, or show it only increases their incentive to do more. Yes, they want to be called out as the lying dishonest media. They love it. What Trump is doing is exactly what the media did for him during the campaign. He is giving them media time bringing them into the spotlight. What more could they hope for. There job is to increase ratings, increase their hit rates, or increase their readership, what better way to do that than to be recognized by the president.

Or he can use his time doing BOTH simultaneously. And while you say that will ultimately be his downfall, it hasn't been since he entered politics. In fact, some would argue that has been totally to his advantage. The more the media wants to put Trump in the spotlight over trivial personality bullshit, the more he will exploit that and turn it into political victory points. LOL... yes, I see how much they "love it" by the way they spit, spew and sputter in sheer disbelief when he torches their asses. They are beside themselves... they don't know what to do with this man... he defies convention. Their typical partisan smear tactics aren't working. They've literally stopped even trying to pretend to be objective journalists with Trump as he exposes them for the frauds they are. And he just keeps on punching them.
Sure, he can spend his time composing tweets attacking those that attack him but that only encourages them. He's a reporters dream, a president that will fight back and keep controversies live. Just look what's happening with the Russia hacking and inference with the election issue. His denials and labeling it all false news is creating more and more interest, more leaks, and more probing.

Trump is gambling his future as president on his ability to destroy all creditably in the news media using the bully pulpit. Many people on the left are confident that will not happen. I believe it certainly is possible. It has happened in other countries and it can happen here.

Forum List

Back