Are There Any Moderates Here?

I Self-Identify As:

• Total voters

Never3ndr

Silver Member
Feb 29, 2016
Just out of curiosity, this forum seems pretty polarized, which is fine, I come here to debate. However, I was curious if there were any other moderates out there along with me?

I'm left leaning, but, perhaps because I was raised in the South and served in the Marines, am a moderate liberal. I can say I voted split ticket for this past election and, even though I am on the left the candidate I was most behind in our last election was Rubio rather than Trump, Clinton, or Sanders.

I'm also a big fan of Sen. John McCain as well as a fan of Sen Elizabeth Warren. So, is there anybody else out here that toes the fence line between parties? I feel like I'm a dying breed here.

I am somewhere between extreme and conservative. Though I don't consider leftardz to be actual enemies. Noisy annoying butthurting baby killers maybe.... but not enemies.

Just out of curiosity, this forum seems pretty polarized, which is fine, I come here to debate. However, I was curious if there were any other moderates out there along with me?

I'm left leaning, but, perhaps because I was raised in the South and served in the Marines, am a moderate liberal. I can say I voted split ticket for this past election and, even though I am on the left the candidate I was most behind in our last election was Rubio rather than Trump, Clinton, or Sanders.

I'm also a big fan of Sen. John McCain as well as a fan of Sen Elizabeth Warren. So, is there anybody else out here that toes the fence line between parties? I feel like I'm a dying breed here.

Anyone and everyone who voted for Trump, who is not and a never has been conservative by any streatch of the imagination.

Define moderate. Never mind I'll do it for you, someone who still believes the left can be bargained with. They are becoming fewer in number with each passing day as the left has a category 10 meltdown over Trump and moderates see them for the radical commies they are.

Define moderate. Never mind I'll do it for you, someone who still believes the left can be bargained with. They are becoming fewer in number with each passing day as the left has a category 10 meltdown over Trump and moderates see them for the radical commies they are.

Same could be said about the right. Both left and right have drifted apart so much that our nation can hardly function anymore. Some things use to make sense to both like education, infrastructure and the need to invest.

I did my best to put in in real terms on the poll (although admittedly only an approximation). Do you usually vote split ticket or not?

Moderate! ;) I've voted republican until they drove the train off the cliff. Been becoming far more liberal now that I married a liberal and that has opened my eyes to reality.
you mean led you by the nose

You're a LWNJ......

Personally, I think there is a significant difference between a moderate and an independent.

I consider myself an independent, meaning my views can be just as strong as those of any winger - the differences are (a) they don't fall conveniently and obediently in line with those of a "side", and (b) my views often conflict with those of wingers from both sides of the same issue. In other words, a perspective that is independent from both ends.

So to me, "wingers" from both ends essentially represent one side: Wingers! The flavor (left or right) is, for the most part, irrelevant.

A moderate/centrist, to me, will tend to have fewer passionate views. That doesn't make their views any less important, though.

Last edited:

Why are you looking for moderates? Where's the fun in two moderates debating things?

:alcoholic:

now that I married a liberal and that has opened my eyes to reality.

c93055cb3e1b696e6ff1b7f9ac53bc17.jpg

Personally, I think there is a significant difference between a moderate and an independent.

I consider myself an independent, meaning my views can be just as strong as those of any winger - the differences are (a) they don't fall conveniently and obediently in line with those of a "side", and (b) my views often conflict with those of wingers from both sides of the same issue. In other words, a perspective that is independent from both ends.

So to me, "wingers" from both ends essentially represent one side: Wingers. The flavor (left or right) is, for the most part, irrelevant.

A moderate/centrist to me will tend to have fewer passionate views.
You're a LWNJ....

Proof you ask? Voting Hillary....

Now, go away......

So to me, "wingers" from both ends essentially represent one side: Wingers. The flavor (left or right) is, for the most part, irrelevant.

A moderate/centrist to me will tend to have fewer passionate views.
You're a LWNJ....

Proof you ask? Voting Hillary....

Now, go away......
And right on cue, a good and obedient little winger.

Last edited:

Moderate right. I am generally right-wing on economic issues and lean left on social issues. I tend to vote more for Republicans but often split the ticket. I don't vote just on ideology. Temperament, competency and ethics are also important.

I used to be a hard-core libertarian. I have a library of libertarian books from my teenage years and early 20s. But after working in the capital markets for two decades, I began to learn how the world works, not how it should work. Ideology is a trap because it defines how people should behave, not necessarily how they do behave.

Empiricism is more important than ideology.

I don't have any loyalty to either party. Really, both parties are corrupt and only interested in power and will tell us anything to get it. One reason why I voted for Trump was because it seems both establishment party members really didn't like him. I liked that.

Forum List

Back