Are there any left leaning or liberal mods?

I do, especially when they appoint someone like Pale to be a mod. The right would flip if Truthmatters was made a mod.....I don't post much here anymore, and it has nothing to do with the politics of this board, but I still don't want to see this place go down the toilet because they want to bulk up on right wing mods.

This is place is doing fine. TheDoctorIsIn is a mod I believe. You're free to post here or not. Complaining about nonexistent problems with the mods seems like you have some other agenda.

You can think what you like. I don't come here enough to have an agenda. I am out of the politics now. Ask Pale, this is all about him. He will back that up.
And you should never call someone out for complaining about a nonexistent problem. ;)

You'd only show up for an agenda. That is well known fact. Why would I ask Pale about a nonexistent problem?

I do, especially when they appoint someone like Pale to be a mod. The right would flip if Truthmatters was made a mod.....I don't post much here anymore, and it has nothing to do with the politics of this board, but I still don't want to see this place go down the toilet because they want to bulk up on right wing mods.

All you have to do is ask yourself this, do I see people being banned? Then ask yourself this, on the rare occasion that someone is being banned, is it because they are being a douche? The job of a mod isn't to use their "power" to clean the board of people they don't like. It's to keep the board clean of spam, trolls and to sweep up when needed. If you have evidence that the current crop is doing otherwise, pony up. I think those who have abused their power are no longer mods. I could be wrong.

Yes. The complaint is that at least three of most recent appointments ARE trolls. It's like the inmates are running the asylum.

I wonder how long I'll be on sabbatical. I'll just say right now - I'll miss you guys.

By the way:

Abuse of the system (repeated neg repping of the same person without cause or positive rep "trading" among users) will not be tolerated.

And when you report it, they bring on an admin to point and laugh along with them? Fuck that shit.

Really? One man's troll is another man's thoughtful poster. There are trolls and then there are perceived trolls. I'm sure many of the people you agree with, thank and rep are on my troll list and vice versa. The question is, are any of the mods you percvieve as trolls abusing their job of mod and harrassing people they politically disagree with? Examples?

rep means nothing

Neither do grades in school or evaulations at work. :eusa_whistle:
Well, they actually DO mean something.

Do you honestly think rep is on that same level?

(I think gawd is going to strike me dead for agreeing with TM, but even a monkey can type Shakespeare if given enough time.)

TM is a hypocrite though, shes only conveniently saying rep means nothing cause hers is crashing hard right now.

All you have to do is ask yourself this, do I see people being banned? Then ask yourself this, on the rare occasion that someone is being banned, is it because they are being a douche? The job of a mod isn't to use their "power" to clean the board of people they don't like. It's to keep the board clean of spam, trolls and to sweep up when needed. If you have evidence that the current crop is doing otherwise, pony up. I think those who have abused their power are no longer mods. I could be wrong.

Yes. The complaint is that at least three of most recent appointments ARE trolls. It's like the inmates are running the asylum.

I wonder how long I'll be on sabbatical. I'll just say right now - I'll miss you guys.

By the way:

Abuse of the system (repeated neg repping of the same person without cause or positive rep "trading" among users) will not be tolerated.

And when you report it, they bring on an admin to point and laugh along with them? Fuck that shit.

Really? One man's troll is another man's thoughtful poster. There are trolls and then there are perceived trolls. I'm sure many of the people you agree with, thank and rep are on my troll list and vice versa. The question is, are any of the mods you percvieve as trolls abusing their job of mod and harrassing people they politically disagree with? Examples?

Sure, just one second.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/221436-hypocrisy.html

My post that says 'reported' is the one Trajan dinged.

By the way:

By the way: Since my return last month, I give rep across the aisle more than over here. I can recognize trolls on both sides of the aisle, and hacks as well. I hope you can say the same and no; I will not be naming names.

A currently infrequent poster comes in and starts thread to stir up trouble. Just what everyone needed.

rep means nothing

Neither do grades in school or evaulations at work. :eusa_whistle:
Well, they actually DO mean something.

Do you honestly think rep is on that same level?

(I think gawd is going to strike me dead for agreeing with TM, but even a monkey can type Shakespeare if given enough time.)

In relation to grades or job evaluations, of course not. In relation to the all important, life altering interwebs boards, of course it does. There is a reason TM's rep is low and she eats the occasional timeout ban. She's not much more than a troll.

i dont care about their political leanings as much as their fairness and objectivity

From what I see on this board you have to be a MAJOR DOUCHE to get banned.

Forum List

Back