Are there any good VOIP companies?

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
I want to keep my same number and transfer it to a voip to serve as a theoretical landline. But I don't want any restrictions or limitations. And I want to by some nice voip telephone units.

I don't care how much it costs, just looking to see if anybody knows about that stuff and if there are any good reliable companies.

Thanks

I want to keep my same number and transfer it to a voip to serve as a theoretical landline. But I don't want any restrictions or limitations. And I want to by some nice voip telephone units.

I don't care how much it costs, just looking to see if anybody knows about that stuff and if there are any good reliable companies.

Thanks

I use Ooma and it's worked fine for me. I don't know about number transfers or the telephone units, though. I got a new number with the service and use my own phone. :dunno:

Thanks
Top Business VoIP Providers - 2018 | Top10VOIPList

Yeah, I saw that. I was just looking for feedback on the services themselves as far as functionality. Thanks.

I use Ooma and it's worked fine for me. I don't know about number transfers or the telephone units, though. I got a new number with the service and use my own phone. :dunno:

Ooma looks pretty good. They sell home phone units, too. I saw a punone number on their site, I'll give em a call. Thank You. I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

I'm gonna get the business grade one. For 19.99 a month, I get a desk phone, unlimited calling, plus...Canadian...and I can use my cell phone to make calls, too, with their app. I have to buy the desk phone, that's around a hundred dollars, but that's okay.

If they have a reference program, do you have some kind of reference code, maybe you can get a discount on your next bill for refering a customer. Or you don't care?

Anyway. Thanks again, I'll use them.

Last edited:

Thanks

I'm gonna get the business grade one. For 19.99 a month, I get a desk phone, unlimited calling, plus...Canadian...and I can use my cell phone to make calls, too, with their app. I have to buy the desk phone, that's around a hundred dollars, but that's okay.

If they have a reference program, do you have some kind of reference code, maybe you can get a discount on your next bill for refering a customer. Or you don't care?

Anyway. Thanks again, I'll use them.

I don't use any of their optional services, so the bill is really just for taxes and fees such as 911 access. I do appreciate the offer, though. :)

I used to have a phone line through our cable company, and that was running about $40 a month when we quit. The fees with the basic Ooma service are less than $6 a month.

Thanks
Your internet provider probably provides you with a free VOIP line, but you won't be able to keep your number.

Oooh, VoIP numbers are a useful thing, I remember when I decided to get one myself, to call India, to troll the locals, and left the number after that.

When I lived in Europe, I used a phone number that I liked. When I moved to the U.S. I didn't want to change it, because it was simple and also so that my European relatives knew what number to call to get in touch with me. So it turned out that I turned for help to a VoIP number from Mightycall (if anyone is interested). I can safely say that it is a great thing because you can call anywhere in the world without any problems, which means that trolling here is also possible, as in principle what the previous user wrote. 😁

Forum List

Back