Are there any economic beneffits from global corporations ?

In other words : let them do whatever they want. Is that supposed to bring beneffits for the society as a whole ? I don't think so.

dear, why not present an example where freedom to not pay corporate taxes, to merge, and to donate would do some harm?? What does your fear teach us??

It should be noted that some of these are currently taking place. That is, several top U.S. and multinational corporations receive significant tax cuts, merge to dominate various industries, but donate sums that are very small compared to what they earn.

a liberal will find trivia about corporations while a conservative will treat then as Gods for getting us from the stone age to here. A liberal is too stupid to understand freedom so wants to interfere in soviet style at each and every turn.

Republicans propagated cheap solar panels, steel and cars?
That's awful. Democrats prefer their products to be expensive?

Democrats don't like their jobs trashed.

When I save money on products, I have more money to buy other things or invest.
I guess you're whining about cheaper oil.

That would be if you have a job... or a well paid job.
dear free trade requires the removal of tarriffs. Do you get it?? It isn't free trade if you have tariffs to restrict freedom.

Oh, but free movement of labour is something which you have repeatedly said is something you do not accept. And labour is just another commodity.
See how conservatives are 100% hypocrital ?

That would be if you have a job... or a well paid job.

I only benefit from lower oil if I have a job?

And labour is just another commodity.

If you're pushing for a temporary guest worker program, just come out and say it.
You do beneffit from cheap products if you have no job, but that would assume you are on an assistence program.
It is better to have a job ... economists tend to say free trade brings beneffits "in the long run".
Sadly in the long run is a rather ambiguos term which means "when there are no fixed factors in production".
So yes , you do beneffit but the benefit is so meager that even a half time job is better. There are very unpleasent consecuences of free trade "in the short run" while prices arrive to equilibrium.

And yes work permits would set clear rules for foreign workers within the framework of NAFTA. I find it preferable than calling hard working people illegal and then trying to legalize them which has other costs to the USA ( wellfare).

The genius that crafted Nafta didn't see that comming ( rampant illegal immigration).

See how conservatives are 100% hypocrital ?

too 100% stupid and liberal as always. Both sides believe that countries can have borders,i.e., be countries. A child would not walk into that swinging door, but you just did? You have no shame.
Europeans have a trade agreement which includes free movement of labour in spite of borders.
See how mentally retarded and blind conservatives are ?

The genius that crafted Nafta didn't see that comming ( rampant illegal immigration).

dear, its only rampant because liberals won't build a wall.
Do you know why?
Of course 1000% conservative idiotic nazi communist who ignores the laws of supply and demand of free market.

dear, liberalism is about interfering with the law of supply and demand while conservatism is the opposite . A child would know that. Think before you post please.

Do you know why?
Of course 1000% conservative idiotic nazi communist who ignores the laws of supply and demand of free market.

dear, liberalism is about interfering with the law of supply and demand while conservatism is the opposite . A child would know that. Think before you post please.

Of course. So building a wall is what? A way to promote the supply and demand of labour between two neighboring nations who have signed a trade agreement? I don't think so .
Now think a bit:
In the short run ,Mexicans will flood the country to cover the cheap posts, and many Americans will suffer because the lack low paying jobs which require no education ( probably not even speaking english).
In the long run, all those posts will be covered and wages will reach an equilibrium. The rest of the jobs, specially STEM and healthcare jobs will still be in high demand and people who want higher wages will be pulled to cover such posts. So anyone will be able to chose between a low wage job and a high paid job and choos an appropiate education level according to the markets offering.

Do you know why?

Of course. So building a wall is what? A way to promote the supply and demand of labour between two neighboring nations who have signed a trade agreement? I don't think so .
Now think a bit:
In the short run ,Mexicans will flood the country to cover the cheap posts, and many Americans will suffer because the lack low paying jobs which require no education ( probably not even speaking english).
In the long run, all those posts will be covered and wages will reach an equilibrium. The rest of the jobs, specially STEM and healthcare jobs will still be in high demand and people who want higher wages will be pulled to cover such posts. So anyone will be able to chose between a low wage job and a high paid job and choos an appropiate education level according to the markets offering.

The low skill Americans displaced by low skill illegals will not suddenly get educated for a STEM job.

In other words : let them do whatever they want. Is that supposed to bring beneffits for the society as a whole ? I don't think so.

dear, why not present an example where freedom to not pay corporate taxes, to merge, and to donate would do some harm?? What does your fear teach us??

It should be noted that some of these are currently taking place. That is, several top U.S. and multinational corporations receive significant tax cuts, merge to dominate various industries, but donate sums that are very small compared to what they earn.

a liberal will find trivia about corporations while a conservative will treat then as Gods for getting us from the stone age to here. A liberal is too stupid to understand freedom so wants to interfere in soviet style at each and every turn.

Not so much trivia as realities raised by corporations themselves, which explains why many reports warning of problems related to global warming and even peak oil are being raised by multinational banks, insurers, oil companies, and even military organizations.

Do you know why?

Now think a bit:

The low skill Americans displaced by low skill illegals will not suddenly get educated for a STEM job.

Of course not. That's why I said "In the long run". In the short run , sure there will be unemployment, but as I've said earlier such is the nature of free market ( a bit of unstability while market equilibrium is reached).

"But this long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead. Economists set themselves too easy, too useless a task, if in tempestuous seasons they can only tell us, that when the storm is long past, the ocean is flat again."
John Maynard Keynes.

Mind you Todd, I didn't quite spot you as a Keynessian.

Do you know why?

Now think a bit:

Of course not. That's why I said "In the long run". In the short run , sure there will be unemployment, but as I've said earlier such is the nature of free market ( a bit of unstability while market equilibrium is reached).

"But this long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead. Economists set themselves too easy, too useless a task, if in tempestuous seasons they can only tell us, that when the storm is long past, the ocean is flat again."
John Maynard Keynes.

Of course not. That's why I said "In the long run".

Allow me to rephrase my refutation of your claim.
The low skill Americans displaced by low skill illegals will not get educated for a STEM job, in the long run.

Since I'm not......

so??? do you have any idea what point you'd like to make??? Slow??
unnamed1.png

Conservative policies have bankrupted the US middle class since the mid 70s. Do you approve?

The low skill Americans displaced by low skill illegals will not get educated for a STEM job, in the long run.
Hmm ... interesting, well that's how markets are supposed to work. I mean not the actually displaced Americans, but probably their children or grandchildren... in the long run.
Anyway , many of those jobs have already been offshored to China ( and some high tech jobs to India ).
Again , that's how markets are supposed to work and in fact that's the reason for which I favour public colleges (in the long run they may not be need for them , but while that happens there has to be a way to ensure the next generation does make it into STEM/healthcare/ Administration or can become entrepreneurs).

Last edited:
Hmm ... interesting, well that's how markets are supposed to work. I mean not the actually displaced Americans, but probably their children or grandchildren... in the long run.
Anyway , many of those jobs have already been offshored to China ( and some high tech jobs to India ).
Again , that's how markets are supposed to work and in fact that's the reason for which I favour public colleges (in the long run they may not be need for them , but while that happens there has to be a way to ensure the next generation does make it into STEM/healthcare/ Administration or can become entrepreneurs).

Hmm ... interesting, well that's how markets are supposed to work.

Markets are supposed to make unskilled workers into scientists and engineers? LOL!

I mean not the actually displaced Americans, but probably their children or grandchildren... in the long run.

We need to support a couple of generations of unemployed Americans, because we stupidly let unskilled foreigners come in and take their jobs? I vote no to your silly plan.

Markets are supposed to make unskilled workers into scientists and engineers? LOL!

I mean not the actually displaced Americans, but probably their children or grandchildren... in the long run.

We need to support a couple of generations of unemployed Americans, because we stupidly let unskilled foreigners come in and take their jobs? I vote no to your silly plan.
1.Again , in the long run. And remember, it is not just illegal aliens getting into the US , but jobs getting offshored to other countries.
Yes, that's what happend with the industrial revolution. It transformed farmers into unskilled workers, the current shift is from semi-skilled to skilled workers and STEM.

2. Sory pal , not my plan but the bad planning of the minds that crafted NAFTA and the trade agreement with China, plus the recent tech advances. It is just the market reality.

1.Again , in the long run. And remember, it is not just illegal aliens getting into the US , but jobs getting offshored to other countries.
Yes, that's what happend with the industrial revolution. It transformed farmers into unskilled workers, the current shift is from semi-skilled to skilled workers and STEM.

2. Sory pal , not my plan but the bad planning of the minds that crafted NAFTA and the trade agreement with China, plus the recent tech advances. It is just the market reality.

It is just the market reality.

Market reality says we have to let millions of unskilled illegals displace unskilled Americans?
I disagree.

Ford builds cars in the US. Ford builds cars in Mexico. Ford builds cars in Europe.
Where is the tax evasion?

Example ( not quite the real thing , but close enough ) :
Ford USA produces parts for cars which at build at Mexico, but it does so by selling the spare parts at on over-price, decreasing the net income of cars produced by Mexico and increasing the net income of Ford USA.
Ford USA then gets services from the Corporation at Luxemburg at an overprice to compensate for the extra generated by the parts sold at an over-price.

Ford USA produces parts for cars which at build at Mexico, but it does so by selling the spare parts at on over-price

I wish we had an agency that looked at the books of a company like Ford and set up rules about inventory and purchases from subsidiaries, to assure they paid the proper amount of taxes.
We could call it the I.R.S.
20 big profitable US companies paid no taxes

Forum List

Back