Are there any 'Centrists' here?????? ANYONE?????

MHunterB

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2012
Yanno, I don't believe I've started a thread here before....... But every time I open this one forum, I have had the same question. To wit:

Is there anyone who hasn't pretty well 'married' themselves to one party's platform or the other? And NO, I'm not looking for the ones who insist our democracy is all a sham.

Who else is out there willing to cry "A pox on both your fringes!" to the uber-partisans of both flavors?????

Yanno, I don't believe I've started a thread here before....... But every time I open this one forum, I have had the same question. To wit:

Is there anyone who hasn't pretty well 'married' themselves to one party's platform or the other? And NO, I'm not looking for the ones who insist our democracy is all a sham.

Who else is out there willing to cry "A pox on both your fringes!" to the uber-partisans of both flavors?????

You're not alone. Personally, I think what we saw from the last election was evidence that the bulk of americans are centrists. I doubt that either fringe will see it though.

the right could not get the people to see policy their way.

So their plan was to PUSH EVERTHING to the right.

They did so with lies, big money and election cheating.

You can win without the people if you cheat and they have done so for decades.

This means the "center" you speak of is NOT the real center.

The real center is surrouding the real facts.

I dont give a fuck where the facts fall in you veiw of whats center or not.

Im going with the real facts.

If you are not insane you will join me

Oh, I need to correct myself: I've started a few threads before, two about animals, two on I/P situations, and one to introduce myself - a few months after I started posting here.

Note to self: Fact check own history before posting if possible. Ingesting that second cup of strong tea may help awareness......

Obviously, those who consider themselves 'centrist' are a diverse group.....that can be a positive!

the word center means nothing if the facts are not used to determine the real situation

Oh, I need to correct myself: I've started a few threads before, two about animals, two on I/P situations, and one to introduce myself - a few months after I started posting here.

Note to self: Fact check own history before posting if possible. Ingesting that second cup of strong tea may help awareness......

[COUGH]Douchebag[/COUGH]

you just wont answer my posts will you?

if being in the center means accepting lies so you can be inbetween two groups than your an idiot

The current right we have in this country lies and cheats non stop.

I will always be as fucking far from lies and cheating as I can get.

Obviously, those who consider themselves 'centrist' are a diverse group.....that can be a positive!

About as diverse as you can get. IMO, the far left and the far right are concerned with ideologies. Everything must conform to those ideologies. An ideologue only desires to impose their position. A centrist is concerned with realities and understands that resolutions come from working together.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
heres a fact.

Bush crashed the entire world economy with his fiscal policies.

About as diverse as you can get. IMO, the far left and the far right are concerned with ideologies. Everything must conform to those ideologies. An ideologue only desires to impose their position. A centrist is concerned with realities and understands that resolutions come from working together.

I find myself in agreement with that as well..... Not to say that 'centrists' don't have some 'vision', but it's more in broad principles than in specific policies.

I can't imagine a more centrist POTUS choice than Mitt Romney.

I expect if he were allowed to have expressed his true beliefs, you would have been right. But then, if he had you would not have supported him.

Both of the candidates were centrists, it was just that Romney was hampered by a fringe which has held power far beyond its actual influence. If the party had given that fringe the attention (rather, lack of attention) it deserved, come January we would almost certainly be watching the inauguration of President Romney. I think the party leadership is coming to that realization.

Forum List

Back