Are the T Party members of Congress delusional?

Ali777

May 8, 2011
Delusional as in believing things that are false to be true. As I flip through the channels on the tube, occasionally I'll see "Tea Party Caucus" beneath a name, and stop long enough to listen. Three times in the last couple of days T Party members of Congress were presenting polls, that they had supposedly conducted in their own districts, and using them as proof that Americans support them in overwhelming numbers.

During interviews they would claim things, like Republicans had past a bi-partisan budge bill that Obama opposes. When questioned, they would be forced to admit that neither were valid points of arguments. Some were forced to admit that they had past a clean Debt Ceiling bill, without any attachment, in the past under Bush. When asked about Obama invoking the name of Reagan in his speech tonight, specifically in regards to this quote,

“Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer.”,

....they started seemed uncomfortable. They made comments, like it was funny to see this President quoted another President. None could explain why it was they agreed with Reagan's statement, but opposed raising taxes on "those who are not now paying their fair share". It's baffling trying to figure these folks out.

Delusional as in believing things that are false to be true. As I flip through the channels on the tube, occasionally I'll see "Tea Party Caucus" beneath a name, and stop long enough to listen. Three times in the last couple of days T Party members of Congress were presenting polls, that they had supposedly conducted in their own districts, and using them as proof that Americans support them in overwhelming numbers.

During interviews they would claim things, like Republicans had past a bi-partisan budge bill that Obama opposes. When questioned, they would be forced to admit that neither were valid points of arguments. Some were forced to admit that they had past a clean Debt Ceiling bill, without any attachment, in the past under Bush. When asked about Obama invoking the name of Reagan in his speech tonight, specifically in regards to this quote,

“Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer.”,

....they started seemed uncomfortable. They made comments, like it was funny to see this President quoted another President. None could explain why it was they agreed with Reagan's statement, but opposed raising taxes on "those who are not now paying their fair share". It's baffling trying to figure these folks out.

:oops::link:

So far the only one exhibiting delusion is Obama.

So far the Tea Party have been the only ones that have been right about everything that the government should be doing.

:oops::link:

So far the only one exhibiting delusion is Obama.

msnbc.com Video Player

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about. I didn't take down the others names.

They are just propaganda fools.

They lap up whatever the people who benifit from leading them arround by the nose say.

They are a lost cause.

The tea party will be dead of its own making soon.

The damage theywill leave for the American people will last much longer

They are just propaganda fools.

They lap up whatever the people who benifit from leading them arround by the nose say.

They are a lost cause.

The tea party will be dead of its own making soon.

The damage theywill leave for the American people will last much longer

You are the lost cause.

The tea party is actually doing what they were sent there to do. I understand you expect your leaders to stab you in the back.

I expect them to do whatws right and what the American people want.

what you are touting is why the founders didnt like Pure democracy

So, let me get this straight, not spending one's self into bankruptcy is delusional?

Mkay.

ruining your own credit by not paying your bills to save money is what you are doing

BTW... our credit is already ruined. We will be downgraded, and rightly so. To say that the fix is to take on more debt is the rant of morons.

Truth is a little bit hard to define when it comes to the economy and what to do about it. Everybody is saying we've got a debt/deficit problem, but the question is what are the solutions? The Dems want more taxes and spending on infrastructure, the GOP wants less taxes and much less spending. It's all in your point of view, what's delusional and what isn't?

I'll tell you what my version of delusional is: it's expecting to get your way when you don't control the WH and have super majorities in both chambers of Congress. Not being prepared to cooperate and compromise towards your goals with the other side is delusional, and that's what we have here on both sides. Nobody is negotiating in good faith, NOBODY. If it was up to me, every last effin' incumbent would be voted out of office at the earliest opportunity.

ruining your own credit by not paying your bills to save money is what you are doing

No, what you are proposing is borrowing money to pay bills you can't afford. That's fucking STUPID.

This seems like what authors call a "deceptive clue", aka, a red herring. :eusa_shhh:

Ok, then please explain to me the logic of:

"I don't have the money to pay the debt I have (which BTW, is patently false, but I'm going with what Obama is telling us), so I need to borrow more money".

No, what you are proposing is borrowing money to pay bills you can't afford. That's fucking STUPID.

This seems like what authors call a "deceptive clue", aka, a red herring. :eusa_shhh:

Ok, then please explain to me the logic of:

"I don't have the money to pay the debt I have (which BTW, is patently false, but I'm going with what Obama is telling us), so I need to borrow more money".

Where are you getting that argument from? I never said anything of the sort. Everyone seems to agree ( except t party newbies ) that we need to raise the debt ceiling to avoid an international financial catastrophe.

Perhaps you should look up what "red herring" means.

BTW... our credit is already ruined. We will be downgraded, and rightly so. To say that the fix is to take on more debt is the rant of morons.

Democrats are the ones who are delusional. there is no revenue shortage just a spending problem

Truth is a little bit hard to define when it comes to the economy and what to do about it. Everybody is saying we've got a debt/deficit problem, but the question is what are the solutions? The Dems want more taxes and spending on infrastructure, the GOP wants less taxes and much less spending. It's all in your point of view, what's delusional and what isn't?

I'll tell you what my version of delusional is: it's expecting to get your way when you don't control the WH and have super majorities in both chambers of Congress. Not being prepared to cooperate and compromise towards your goals with the other side is delusional, and that's what we have here on both sides. Nobody is negotiating in good faith, NOBODY. If it was up to me, every last effin' incumbent would be voted out of office at the earliest opportunity.

Which party just had that, and failed to do anything other than add to the problem. All the while claiming that despite their Massive Majorities and Control of the WH, the Opposition still stopped them.

lol

Forum List

Back