Are the Syrians Insane?

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by onedomino, Oct 30, 2006.

1. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    We are going to be forced to take these guys out. Is the Syrian Government so afraid of its radical population element that it will not even act for self preservation? Does the Syrian regime wants to go down the tubes with the Iranian mullahs as the Tehran regime defies most of the world’s democracies? Behind closed doors, what have the Russians told their long-time totalitarian client state? Why should we not stand off in the Mediterranean and continuously shoot cruise missiles at high value economic, governmental, and military targets until the lunatics running the Syrian terror show cease and desist?

2. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    IMO, we should be careful of criticizing other countries who cannot control their borders when we can't control our own! How long will it be before some serious arms smuggling transits our own borders?

3. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Yeah calling the kettle black....Not to worry Israel will learn'em soon enough.

4. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    I do not know for a fact, but I believe that the Syrian Government is complicit (and in fact are the same thing) with the gun smugglers. Never once have I read about a Syrian Goverment interdiction attempt with the gun smugglers. Even if it is a cannot-control-their-own-borders thing, why no media bytes of at least an attempt? Nah, the Syrian Government and the gun smugglers are the same thing. Also never heard of a Syrian Government interdiction attempt against foreign fighters entering Iraq from their western border. Those guys in Damascus need at least some warning shots. They know where Hezbollah's Syrian offices and camps are located. Even if it is true that they cannot control their own borders, they could at least pressure Hezbollah's leadership directly. Come to think of it, I'll stay with my original position. The Syrians are in desperate need of a Tomahawk visit, or 30.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    The Israelis definately know about this.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/printstory.mpl/ap/world/4299084

6. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708

Sorry, I guess my sarcasm was far too obtuse. I am in agreement that Syria needs a severe warning, backed by an appropriate demonstration that their logistic support is not going unnoticed....Tomahawks are indeed good for that sort of thing.

7. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,801
    Tomahawks won't do shit. Nuke'em and be done with it.

8. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    You know what's almost as scary as nuclear weapons? People like you.

9. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I guess wishful thinking doesn't apply. It would have been nice that when our military was doing it's initial clean up of Iraq we could have done a few fly by's over the syrian capital for a show of force and as a reminder of there role in policing it's own people. Israel will go into syria again soon and this time they will use ear plugs so they can't hear the rest of the world. It is a shame that peaceful means couldn't have ever happened.

10. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    -