Are the Russians smarter?

Russians take Obama to heart
President's gentle push for reform apparently well-received by audience

His words appeared to have a strong impact on the likely future leaders at the New Economic School.

"He speaks in such a way that he doesn't hide the problems behind the words," said Mikhail Filkin, a 20-something graduate of the school, founded in the early 1990s. "He was very persuasive."

"I think we have to be more friendly and respectful toward our nearest neighbors," said graduate Diana Lachinova.

Political analyst Nikolai Petrov predicted that the speech "will be accepted very well, not only by this audience, which is not your average audience, but by Russians in general."

Petrov said Obama pushed for Russian reform with diplomatic finesse. "It was done delicately, and at the same time pretty decisively."

Analysis: Russians take Obama to heart - Russia- msnbc.com

“We don’t really understand why Obama is such a star,” said Kirill Zagorodnov, 25, one of the graduates. “It’s a question of trust, how he behaves, how he positions himself, that typical charisma, which in Russia is often parodied. Russians really are not accustomed to it. It is like he is trying to manipulate the public

They have more experience with crooked politicians.

His words appeared to have a strong impact on the likely future leaders at the New Economic School.

"He speaks in such a way that he doesn't hide the problems behind the words," said Mikhail Filkin, a 20-something graduate of the school, founded in the early 1990s. "He was very persuasive."

"I think we have to be more friendly and respectful toward our nearest neighbors," said graduate Diana Lachinova.

Political analyst Nikolai Petrov predicted that the speech "will be accepted very well, not only by this audience, which is not your average audience, but by Russians in general."

Petrov said Obama pushed for Russian reform with diplomatic finesse. "It was done delicately, and at the same time pretty decisively."

Rrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiggghht... cherry picked quotes from MSNBC, the PREMIER OBAMA ASS KISSING NETWORK.... ppphht.... :eusa_hand:

Obama was outclassed every which way over there in Russia. The little lop eared, no experience, community organizer thinking he can deal with old timer, hard line, commies. This is more like what we got... obama ready to SELL OUT AMERICA... http://www.cnsnews.com/public/Content/Article.aspx?rsrcid=44441

Last edited:

Rrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiggghht... cherry picked quotes from MSNBC, the PREMIER OBAMA ASS KISSING NETWORK.... ppphht.... :eusa_hand:

Obama was outclassed every which way over there in Russia. The little lop eared, no experience, community organizer thinking he can deal with old timer, hard line, commies. This is more like what we got... obama ready to SELL OUT AMERICA... CNSNews.com - Obama May Drop Missile Shield Plans if Russia Helps Against Nuclear Iran

:clap2::clap2: from the dude whose other posts are from the World Net Daily...:lol:..I am laughing so hard I think I spotted. :lol::lol:
Pale Rider--you never fail to amuse! :lol:

OH, WELL, if MSLSD says it, it must be true......:lol: These are the same people who say it's their JOB to make sure Obama succeeds.

A bit more desperate and more cynical perhaps.

But they do play chess over there as a spectator sport.

Why again does it matter what Russians think about American politicians? Oh thats right, it doesn't matter who is the source, if it is negative towards Obama we will treat it as gospel. I wonder what the Russians think about the Republican party?

Why again does it matter what Russians think about American politicians? Oh thats right, it doesn't matter who is the source, if it is negative towards Obama we will treat it as gospel. I wonder what the Russians think about the Republican party?

Considering the whole premise behind electing Obama was "so the world would love us again", I think that looking at what other nations think of him and the impression he makes for our nation is completely valid. Otherwise how are we to know how he is doing on one of his many campaign promises?

Considering the whole premise behind electing Obama was "so the world would love us again", I think that looking at what other nations think of him and the impression he makes for our nation is completely valid. Otherwise how are we to know how he is doing on one of his many campaign promises?

Understandable, but did you really expect much more from Russia? Russians are skeptical of Americans, and we are skeptical of Russians. Improved relations between two nations with distrust will take time, too put out a verdict after one speech is idiotic.

Understandable, but did you really expect much more from Russia? Russians are skeptical of Americans, and we are skeptical of Russians. Improved relations between two nations with distrust will take time, too put out a verdict after one speech is idiotic.

And yet we are simply supposed to accept the media's premise of Obama doing an amazing job in Russia with no criticism?

You guys promised miracles. Its up to you to deliver. Im not holding my breath. Because anyone with half a brain realizes that the problems between the United States and Russia have nothing to do with who is in charge here and everything to do with past history of Russian aggression.

Obama was outclassed every which way over there in Russia. The little lop eared, no experience, community organizer thinking he can deal with old timer, hard line, commies. This is more like what we got... obama ready to SELL OUT AMERICA... CNSNews.com - Obama May Drop Missile Shield Plans if Russia Helps Against Nuclear Iran

:clap2::clap2: from the dude whose other posts are from the World Net Daily...:lol:..I am laughing so hard I think I spotted. :lol::lol:
Pale Rider--you never fail to amuse! :lol:
Well then go change your diaper cherry. You haven't been here long enough to know shit from shinenola.

Now I hear obama is ready for his licking... better get going.

Putin was a KGB Colonel during the cold war. If any of you think he is for a democratic society or that he and his Russian ilk are supportive of any American effort to erradicate terrorist activities in either Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq or any other nation forget it.

Obama's Russian act was weak and insignificant - much like Obama himself has been his first six months.

And beyond...?

Forum List

Back