Are the Iranian Sanctions Working? It appears so!!!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
People are can point at this and that, but if Iran's economy collaspes so doesn't the Ayatollah's strangle-hold on the government!

Unemployment mounts as Iran's economy falters - Israel Business, Ynetnews
Unemployment mounts as Iran's economy falters

Inflation in Islamic Republic is running at 25% officially, and could in reality be double that, economists say, as trade embargoes have curbed export prospects and made it difficult for many local companies to obtain vital raw materials

Reuters

Steinitz: Iran economy 'on verge of collapse' - Israel Business, Ynetnews
"It is not collapsing, but it is on the verge of collapse. The loss of income from oil there is approaching $45-50 billion by the year's end," Steinitz said.

Soaring inflation
An Israeli Foreign Ministry document leaked last week said sanctions had caused more damage to Iran's economy than at first thought and ordinary Iranians were suffering under soaring inflation, although this did not appear to be changing policy.

On Saturday, the Iranian currency slumped to an historic low of about 28,400 rials to the dollar, a fall of about 57% since June 2011, meaning a sharp rise in the price of imports.

"The Iranians are in great economic difficulties as a result of the sanctions," Steinitz said.

How about the Guardian?

Iranian economy on verge of collapse, says Israel | World news | guardian.co.uk
Sanctions against the Iranian regime are pushing the Islamic Republic's economy into deep crisis, according to key Israeli officials in comments seen as a further indication unilateral military action may have been put on hold.

The Iranian rial fell 5% to an all-time low against the US dollar on Saturday, according to financial websites. The value of the rial has fallen by almost 57% since June last year, leading to big price increases for imported goods.

Israel's finance minister, Yuval Steinitz, said Iran's economy "is not collapsing, but it is on the verge of collapse". The loss of oil revenue would approach $45bn-$50bn (£28bn-£31bn) by the end of the year, he told Israel Radio. "The Iranians are in great economic difficulties as a result of the sanctions."

"The situation in Iran and the feelings of the man on the street is one of economic catastrophe … There's a shortage of basic goods, a rise in crime, and people are trying to flee the country, sending money abroad

Yes, let's punish the people of Iran for the alleged crimes of their government.

So you are for a strike on the Iranian government. Never thought a hypocrite like you was the intervention thing, because that is what punishing the Iranian government entails!

Yes, let's punish the people of Iran for the alleged crimes of their government.

What crimes? Iranian government refuses to roll over on US/Israeli command? Grave crime indeed...

They are only breaking international agreements they made. They are only the leading supporter of international terrorist out there. Yet a pussy like you says have the bomb who cares!

They are only breaking international agreements they made.

1. What "international agreements" did they "break", and what does it have to do with the US or Israel?

2. Just to remind you: USA put a final nail in a coffin of international law when it insisted on making Kosovo a country; and US buried international law when it sanctioned murder of a leader of a sovereign nation -- Gaddafi!

International law no longer exists thanks to US.

US buried international law when it sanctioned murder of a leader of a sovereign nation -- Gaddafi!

Obama's foreign policies,not all Americans agree Libya is breaking bad.

So you are for a strike on the Iranian government. Never thought a hypocrite like you was the intervention thing, because that is what punishing the Iranian government entails!

No, I'm for minding our own business period, but I am most certainly not interested in destroying the lives of innocent people for nothing.

sanctioned the killing of Khadaffy? -----the footage I saw showed him being killed by his own people. It seems to me that they would have done it without us -----in fact they did Was the US supposed to send bodyguards? we did not struggle to save mussolini (spelling?) either. I am not sure how MUBARAK died--------he seemed ok before ------he was locked up in jail

1. What "international agreements" did they "break", and what does it have to do with the US or Israel?
You are a really douche! How about the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT)? :eusa_silenced:

Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. Just to remind you: USA put a final nail in a coffin of international law when it insisted on making Kosovo a country;
Very true! The worst propaganda in recent history was the Serbs were the aggressors. in fact the Muslims were the aggressors for decades. They were ethnically cleansing Kosovo of the Native Serbian population and even tried to get Albania to annex it (since all Kosovians are is Muslim Albanians). Finally Serbia said enough is enough and fought back. They did so in a brutal way, but the Muslims were in the wrong and we should have stayed out of it. We should never fight on war to protect Muslims. In fact we should fight more wars against Islamic aggression!

US buried international law when it sanctioned murder of a leader of a sovereign nation -- Gaddafi!
Yep Libya isn't working out too well for us at the moment!

International law no longer exists thanks to US.
Whatever mental midget! Actual the US is better at perserving international than any country in history. Many more countries would invade each other for territory expansion if there was the USA! In fact there have been any land expansion battles sign WWII!!!

The sanctions against Iran have not worked. Diplomacy has failed. That's the reality.

No, I'm for minding our own business period, but I am most certainly not interested in destroying the lives of innocent people for nothing.

No your not hypocrite!

No your not hypocrite!

"No my not hypocrite" makes no sense.

Regardless, I think I would know what my position is. Thanks for trying though.

who is asking Iran to "roll over" Is india insisting that HNDUISM is the religion for all the world? are you opposed to sanctions in general? do you despise boycotts? ----you consider them silly?

The sanctions against Iran have not worked. Diplomacy has failed. That's the reality.

When you are told "roll over or else..." -- it's not diplomacy. It's provocation.

Certainly Iran sees it as provocation. I had a skype meeting Sunday with the Tehran office. All the sanctions have done is put more pressure on Iran to hurry up to complete making their bombs. The people are suffering, but not so much that they will revolt and bring down the ayatollahs. That window opened and closed in 2009 when obama refused to support the opposition. obama has so many exceptions and so many countries are exempt from complying with sanctions that although the people are hurting, it's not so bad they will risk lives. Sanctions have considerably shortened the time line. Carefully crafted diplomacy will give Iran all the delay they need. What saddens me more than anything else is knowing that yes we really are that stupid.

Are you suggesting Mememe---that Iran is willing to undergo some hardship just in order to continue to "make a bomb"? Iran already has the immense expense of maintaining HEZBOLLAH -----I do not understand what is driving Iran to undertake such a task-----Hezbollah AND a nuclear bomb-------for what? Pakistan made a bomb------which seems to be to have been a bit of a silly move------and really only as a prestige issue since INDIA has one. With whom is Iran "competing"?

Forum List

Back