Are the Chinese really "better"?

R

rdean

I was talking to one of the sales reps here who works in China. One week here, two weeks there.

He said it's a myth that the Chinese are so hard working. The difference is they throw six people at everything.

Drill a hole, one guy holds the drill, one guy manages, one guy takes notes, two guys clean up, one guy stands guard.

They bought a piece of equipment for Coke and it needs a change. I'm designing the change and providing templates, a bm and instructions, but they will have to do the changes themselves. The rep says it will take forever because no one wants to work. But work happens because there are just so many people.

Anyone else had a similiar experience?

I've never been to china so i can't comment accurately.

I have been a manager of 2 chinese immigrants before. I find your premise to be totally wrong based on those 2 people, they were great employees.

My brother in law is a Commodities trader, but handles real commodities and he's been to China many many times and he's said that the greatness of Chinese economy is the biggest fiction. The are the most vicious and corrupt people on the planet.

If companies even bother trying to sell music CD's in China they price them at a $1 because they know nobody respect property rights there. If you're an Architect and you present a plan to the Chinese, kiss your plan Goodbye! because it is copied and pasted onto the work of a Chinese architect.

There are lots of empty factories because a lot of stuff only got built not because there was real business but because government official got bribed. It's the biggest house of Cards since Fannie and Freddie

Forum List

Back