are the articles about WI governor and 140mil to special interests true?

Ya, let's not make the union thing about unions because you are losing on that front. Let's hide the gross corruption of the unions and make this about campaign money....

Walker Concocts 'Scoop and Toss' Borrowing Scheme to Pay for $140 Million in Special Interest Spending - One Wisconsin Now[/url]

this is just one link, but similar stories are all over the place. the guy has to have balls of steel to give money to his campaign backers and then try to rip it from the unions. if this this true I hope they recall him like they are already working on doing

Yes, its a matter of public record that the state's non-partisan budget office (or whatever their official name is) was projecting a budget surplus by the end of the year for Wisconsin. Until the new governor pushed through his tax break schemes, without proposing a way to offset the revenue reduction.

In other words, he engineered a phony fiscal "crises", and then blamed teachers, public nurses, and firefighters.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Ya, let's not make the union thing about unions because you are losing on that front. Let's hide the gross corruption of the unions and make this about campaign money....

If this were a Democrat Governor, I'm getting the feeling you wouldn't be too happy:

Fitzgerald pick to head State Patrol smacks of favoritism

The father of Wisconsin’s two most powerful state lawmakers was just picked to lead the Wisconsin State Patrol.

Department of Transportation Secretary Mark Gottlieb, with Gov. Scott Walker’s blessing, announced the appointment of Stephen Fitzgerald, 68, to the position Tuesday that will pay Fitzgerald $105,678 a year and boost his public pension just as he presumably nears retirement.

Fitzgerald’s eye-rolling appointment also follows his defeat in the fall election for Dodge County sheriff by a 2-to-1 margin. So he’s been seeking employment and just bounced back big time by landing a law-enforcement gem.

Yes, Fitzgerald’s resume includes time as a police officer in Chicago and Hustisford and more than a decade as Dodge County sheriff. He left that post in 2002 when former President George W. Bush appointed Fitzgerald U.S. marshal in the Western District of Wisconsin, where he oversaw security for federal courts.

The issue isn’t that Fitzgerald lacks applicable experience. The issue is public trust in state government. Citizens expect their leaders to pick the best candidates for top state positions — not the best connected or closest relatives of top lawmakers.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Walker Concocts 'Scoop and Toss' Borrowing Scheme to Pay for $140 Million in Special Interest Spending - One Wisconsin Now

this is just one link, but similar stories are all over the place. the guy has to have balls of steel to give money to his campaign backers and then try to rip it from the unions. if this this true I hope they recall him like they are already working on doing

The righty union haters keep on repeating that Walker is doing what he said he was going to do when he was running for office.

From the OP link:
"Soon, we will lay out our plans for the next state budget and we will successfully tackle the three billion dollar deficit. We will do it without raids on segregated funds, or excessive borrowing. [Walker Inaugural Address, 1/3/11]"

Well that promise flew out the window very quickly.

Did he promise to treat all unions equally or did he promise to only go after the unions that supported his opponent when he ran for governor?

I notice the far right sheeple are not biting on this thread. Why?
Except for Willow who didn't address the subject matter of this thread.

Last edited:
Public sector unions. Why should we pay for your stupid stuff. You work for us. Get over it.

No, Unions. Whether they be public sector or private sector. This is only the first of many battles to come. If this were about Public sector Unions, Firefighters and Police wouldn't of been spared from this. Except they were, and the firefighters are coming out in support of the Unions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Public sector unions. Why should we pay for your stupid stuff. You work for us. Get over it.

No, Unions. Whether they be public sector or private sector. This is only the first of many battles to come. If this were about Public sector Unions, Firefighters and Police wouldn't of been spared from this. Except they were, and the firefighters are coming out in support of the Unions.

Weren't cops also passing out bratwursts to protesters?

deflection in the first reply!

Walker Concocts 'Scoop and Toss' Borrowing Scheme to Pay for $140 Million in Special Interest Spending - One Wisconsin Now

What a shock. The Democrats are trying to make Walker look guilty. Color me shocked pink. Dirty tricks and lies in our political system! Perish the thought!

Blu, I usually find the phrase 'consider the source' when evaluating the legitimacy of any accusation.

I ask the following:

Who's saying it.

What are they saying.

Why are they saying it.

Why are they saying it now.

If you consider the above questions, I'd want a lot more actual hard fact before I accept it as anything more than a tactic in a dirty fight.

Forum List

Back