Are taxes a democratic alternative to charity

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Are Taxes a Democratic Alternative to Charity?
Progressives provide confused narratives about taxation, justice, and the popular will because they misunderstand what the democratic state is.

Can we imagine how much more money would be in our checks if the greedy ass feds kept their pathetic greedy azz hands off it all lol

Last edited:
First of all, its forced.
Second of all, since some dipshit doesnt want to earn his way, its not fair the working class has a better lifestyle than he.. They want them both to not have a decent life.
The middle class is a stain to democrat policies. Its their freedom they hate.
No, its not in anyway a form of charity.

Are Taxes a Democratic Alternative to Charity?
Progressives provide confused narratives about taxation, justice, and the popular will because they misunderstand what the democratic state is.

Can we imagine how much more money would be in our checks if the greedy ass feds kept their pathetic greedy azz hands of it all lol

Yeah, ppl who didn't want to fund the HSA and the USS George Bush wouldn't donate their money to em and we wouldn't be a super power.

On the good end, I wouldn't give a dime to folks who have been flooded before but are getting their government hand out after being flooded again.

• Banned
Oh,

Resistance to Taxation
Part I. The Individual, Society, and the State
[paste:font size="5"]Liberty, March 26, 1887.]

To the Editor of Liberty:

I have lately been involved in several discussions leading out of your refusal to pay your poll-tax, and I would like to get from you your reasons, so far as they are public property, for that action. It seems to me that any good object could have been better and more easily obtained by compromising with the law, except the object of propagandism, and that in attaining that object you were going beyond the right into paths where you could not bid any one follow who was trying to live square with the truth, so far as we may know it.

It seems to me that we owe our taxes to the State, whether we believe in it or not, so long as we remain within its borders, for the benefits which we willingly or unwillingly derive from it; that the only right course to be pursued is to leave any State whose laws we can no longer obey without violence to our own reason, and, if necessary, people a desert island for ourselves; for in staying in it and refusing to obey its authority, we are denying the right of others to combine on any system which they may deem right, and in trying to compel them to give up their contract, we are as far from right as they in trying to compel us to pay the taxes in which we do not believe.

Resistance to Taxation

I've seen reports that say charity grows when taxes are lowered...another thing I will never understand fully is how dems like Clinton and Obama make it harder for people to donate by not allowing donations to be a tax write off...that alone reduces people's generosity...its as if the dems want only government to do all of the giving....and their gifts are never enough...we all know that....

Forum List

Back