Are Some Folks Trying to Politicize Climate Change Science?

Anyone who is familiar with even some of the peer-reviewed work knows (if they are honest) that the state of the science does not allow for ANY definitive claim about the significance of man's effect on climate change.

The news media outlets will beg to differ, though.

THIS I agree with (with the possible exception of the: it's the media's fault tagline) but I really haven't watched much media coverage of the issue so I will defer on that. As I said earlier - the degree is not definitive. The premise is pretty much determined.

Last edited:
The fact that THIS is all you guys can muster up

And all you have mustered up is consensus by a bunch who have a vested interest in their own position which has no place in science. Terminal velocity wasn't determined by consensus.

Gee.. the Earth rotates around the Sun because we all agree it does. Done.

Anyone who is familiar with even some of the peer-reviewed work knows (if they are honest) that the state of the science does not allow for ANY definitive claim about the significance of man's effect on climate change.

The news media outlets will beg to differ, though.

DING DING DING we have an intelligent post :)

The only thing it settles is that you're completely unwilling to look at any contravening evidence.
Still waiting for someone to present some - some real evidence - not some op-ed piece.

Here's a useful analogy.

Let's say you're sitting on a beach. There are 100 oceanographers on that beach with you and a ton of vendors selling everything from sun sceen to pina coladas.
Suddenly 92 of the oceanographers jump up saying, "get off the beach a tsunami is coming." 8 of the oceanographers say, "wait a minute, I'm not sure we've seen enough evidence to support the conclusion that a tsunami is coming." And ALL of the vendors say, "Yeah, did ya hear that? Not enough evidence. Have a pina colada. Hey, you're getting a little red. Wanna buy some sun screen?"

What are you gonna do?

Suddenly 92 of the oceanographers jump up saying, "get off the beach a tsunami is coming." * of the oceanographers say, "wait a minute, I'm not sure we've seen enough evidence to support the conclusion that a tsunami is coming." And ALL of the vendors say, "Yeah, did ya hear that? Not enough evidence. Have a pina colada. Hey, you're getting a little red. Wanna buy some sun screen?"
My God. He's an idiot.

The only thing it settles is that you're completely unwilling to look at any contravening evidence.
Still waiting for someone to present some - some real evidence - not some op-ed piece.

Here is some data from the RSS, UAH, GISS ,and HadCRUT reports. Real evidence for you friend.

January 2008 – 4 sources say “globally cooler” in the past 12 months « Watts Up With That?

Notice it only goes up through january of 2008, and its been a cold year since.

More data 3 of 4 global metrics show nearly flat temperature anomaly in the last decade « Watts Up With That?

Like I said people like you are trying to politicize it for whatever reasons you have to do so. Al-Gore does it for profit.

Remember people used to claim the earth was flat too man, its O.K. a long habit of not thinking a thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right.

Last edited:

Here is some data from the RSS, UAH, GISS ,and HadCRUT reports. Real evidence for you friend.

January 2008 – 4 sources say “globally cooler” in the past 12 months « Watts Up With That?

More data 3 of 4 global metrics show nearly flat temperature anomaly in the last decade « Watts Up With That?

Like I said people like you are trying to politicize it for whatever reasons you have to do so. Al-Gore does it for profit.
Gotta watch them prophets in pursuit of profits. :lol:

If you don't understand convection cycles and how the earth spreads heat and cools itself - you are not going ....
never mind
if you think there is anything in that piece that runs counter to climate change you are wrong.

If you don't understand convection cycles and how the earth spreads heat and cools itself - you are not going ....
never mind
if you think there is anything in that piece that runs counter to climate change you are wrong.

you mean those pieces right....your post reads as if you didn't look at both links.

really do gotta fly - you guys enjoy you bumper sticker slogans, vulgar insults, and chemistry set "science" - Just pray folks who DO know what's going on call the shots.

really do gotta fly - you guys enjoy you bumper sticker slogans, vulgar insults, and chemistry set "science" - Just pray folks who DO know what's going on call the shots.

I provided no slogan, i did not insult you, and i stated i'm not a scientist.

I only provided you data that contradicts your statements and your belief in what some scientists say.

You believe the ones that think we are making the globe warm and I believe the ones that say its part of a natural cycle.

I bet we can both agree that pollution in general is bad and should be reduced.

Forum List

Back