Are some black people racists?

What the hell are you talking about? You seem to lump everyone in one basket dude.

Thats what you and the rest of the white racists do, lump people together, the Bass is simply telling it like it is from an historical point of view based on facts

You're being black doesn't amount to a stack of donkey shit.

Being white means a whole lot, whether its job seeking, prison sentences, police stops,[being white assures whites they'll never get the worst of these cases 9 times out of ten] etc, if there was true equality that wouldn't be the case.

You've admitted here that you earn well and have obviously worked for what you have. I.E.-taken advantage of the same damn opportunities that everyone else in this country has.

Um, no, you misread what the Bass said, the Bass said that he comes from an upper-middleclass black family, a family of clergymen and college educated blacks, the reason the Bass had better opportunities than most other blacks is because of this. Overall, blacks have far, far less of the country's wealth and land ownership in comparison to whites[because whites through their racism took the lion's share for themselves and it wasn't by merit] so the Bass was just fortunate.

I come from a lower middle-class family (who in turn comes from a poor working class family) and I have worked for every damn thing I own. Did my parents buy me a car at 16? Hell no, I bought a $ 2,000.00, 20 year old pick-up. I worked 50 hours a week and attended college full-time ass-hole. And no, I didn't get perks from the government. The fact is, you're a racist and are the only one here in denial.

Despite all of this, your whiteness assures you of having a better chance of succeeding than blacks, not black laziness. You're in denial of the privileges that your whiteness affords you.

First of all, you're first statement said the same thing I did.
Second of all, you've still failed to post any proof for your claims.
Third, and how did the Bass' family get college educated? They took advantage of the same public education system that is available to every white person. I hate to pop your racist bubble, but blacks are entitled and have the same opportunities as whites and hispanics. Whether or not blacks want to do something with their lives (or become the next 50 cent) is up to them.

Gunny, the Bass isn't done with you just yet

You're full of shit, Mr College. You make an accusation against a race of people, crying victim for your race; yet, by your own admission YOU are a living example that refutes your own accusation, and you couldn't have stated it more clearly.

No, the Bass' family didn't acquire wealth through white privilege, everyone in the church collectively pulled together to support themselves throughout the Jim Crow era, the Bass' family was just fortunate to have succeeded. Thats are far cry from being a living example of the class system that has enabled whites to dominate, ie, white privilege.

Some of the most intelligent and successful people I have met and/or been acquainted with who also happen to be black think just like you. All that intelligence; yet, when it comes right down to it, you've been raised to believe you are a victim and deserve to have something handed to you that others either have to earn or don't have.

The reality is that blacks are and were victims in a racist system that was designed to exclude them as much as possible, you have to be mentally deranged if you deny this. Successful blacks are *NOT* free of being treated in a racist manner and or being victims of a racist system, they just don't speak out as much because they fear losing everything they've accomplished.

The dominant position of whites in country has been handed and is still being handed to whites, most whites are just oblivious to it, blacks are not being handed anything because of color, in fact we are denied because of our color and or affected more adversely because of our color. Don't pretend as if blacks are being given an unfair preference in an unbiased meritocracy, because that most certainly isn't the case.

And if you think whites have more opportunity than minorities, I suggest you list yourself as white and try to apply for a scholarship, grant and/or any other free ride through college and see what you come up with.

Your whiteness is your scholarship/grant/ and or free ride, its also your assurance of getting less harsher prison sentences, less harsh treatment by the police, a job over a more qualified minority, etc you're either in denial or blindly oblivious to the obvious.

Your whining around that silver spoon hanging out of your flap is impressing me

Blacks makes up almost 40 million people in America, whatever the Bass' status is irrelevant, its the status of the masses of poor blacks who are victims the Bass is addressing. Living a luxurious life in Mississippi will not change the reality of whats going on, nor will it make the race problem go away.

I've heard all I needed to hear. I'm done trying to talk sense into someone who refers to themselves in the third person. You're opinions are not based on fact, but on racial and biased sources. Poor white people have no more opportunity in this country than poor black people. Simple as that.

BrianH-omosexual, your posts are nothing but ad-hominems that have failed to address the facts about what goes on in America as well as what has happened, you're living in a state of denial because the truth is, you may not be ashamed of what your ancestors did to blacks, but you do feel shame and guilt for the benefits and privilege position you and others whites do have as a result of what your ancestors have done and what whites are doing today. in order to suppress and avoid addressing that shame and guilt you simply attack those who are the victims and act as if you're a victim yourself.

BrianH-omosexual, your posts are nothing but ad-hominems that have failed to address the facts about what goes on in America as well as what has happened, you're living in a state of denial because the truth is, you may not be ashamed of what your ancestors did to blacks, but you do feel shame and guilt for the benefits and privilege position you and others whites do have as a result of what your ancestors have done and what whites are doing today. in order to suppress and avoid addressing that shame and guilt you simply attack those who are the victims and act as if you're a victim yourself.

Don't presume to tell me what I am and am not. I don't agree with my ancestors owning slaves, but guess what, I can't hop in my time-machine and go back and tell them not to. And to be quite honest with you, I am not ashamed of one damn thing I've had the opportunity to do in this life. I've worked for every damn thing I have. In fact, you come from a weathlier and more privlaged family than I did, and I am still a successful person. (and no, it's not from taking advantage of "white" opportunities). I know wealther black guys and women that got WAY MORE government assistance than I did, but you know what? It doesn't matter because I have my degree and it's all over and done with.

What is fact, is that you act like you're a RACIST.

What is fact, is that you haven't posted one shred of evidence to prove what you say is true....other than biased sources. Shit, I can find an article about a black man hating a white man and claim that every black person hate's every white person.

What is fact, is that you're a moron who refers to himself in the third person.

What is fact, is that "The Bass" is really "The Ass" that fails to see that we don't live in the Jim Crowe era.

What is fact, is that blacks make up approximately 40 million of our 300,000,000 in population...which means that more white people and other races voted for a black man than blacks.

I don't act like a victim at all, I act like a guy who's defending himself from a RACIST who's accusing him of being a racist.

Grow a pair of balls dude and quit acting like you're Jesse Jackson. You know why Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton make such a stink? Because they both know that the civil rights era is over, and they know that they're about to loose their fame.

"...if you think whites have more opportunity than minorities, I suggest you list yourself as white and try to apply for a scholarship, grant and/or any other free ride through college and see what you come up with...whining around that silver spoon hanging out of your flap is impressing me NOT."

Gunny, What cave do you live in...do you know anything about the history of the USA ? I thuink not. Blacks were and are discriminated against, they were kept as "property" by whites, treated like animals, denied the basic right to vote up until 1965.

Yes, he can whine all he wants and be distrustful. Idiotic comments coming from uneduated sloths is what keeps the race probelm alive and well in the USA. Thank God for Obama.

Gunny, you're in denial of the obvious, even with affirmative action whites are still better off and still preferred over blacks, do you have any useful alternative to affirmative action?

Some interesting opinions in this thread.
Yes black people in the past have been treated badly by some of the white people and the government.
It is true that the white people are better off than the black people today because of the past.
Blaming all white people for the past bad treatment of blacks is racist.
Today black people have the support of the government and the support of many white people.
Racists and racism are not good for our country whether they are black or white.
Will black people be compensated for the past - I doubt it.
Will racist black people help the black people in general - NO.
Will black people getting educated lead to better jobs and better pay - YES
Will black people complaining about the past and not getting an education lead to better jobs and better pay - NO
Black people didn’t have a equal start in this country but today they can achieve more than ever before. Black people have about as much chance as I do of becoming one of the few super rich that repress everyone else.
Don’t be a racist because it only leads to trouble between the races. The black and white people today need to work together for a better future for our children regardless of the past.
Just some of my thoughts.

"...if you think whites have more opportunity than minorities, I suggest you list yourself as white and try to apply for a scholarship, grant and/or any other free ride through college and see what you come up with...whining around that silver spoon hanging out of your flap is impressing me NOT."

Gunny, What cave do you live in...do you know anything about the history of the USA ? I thuink not. Blacks were and are discriminated against, they were kept as "property" by whites, treated like animals, denied the basic right to vote up until 1965.

Yes, he can whine all he wants and be distrustful. Idiotic comments coming from uneduated sloths is what keeps the race probelm alive and well in the USA. Thank God for Obama.

Good, maybe you should stop posting then.

Yes some blacks are racist, and yes some people will look for racism in everything. It's sad and pathetic but it's true.

Gunny, you're in denial of the obvious, even with affirmative action whites are still better off and still preferred over blacks, do you have any useful alternative to affirmative action?

Is that your best answer? The same one you continually try to use. I'm in denial about nothing.

Yeah, I have a useful alternative to affirmative action. The most qualified person should get the job. Affirmative action has dumbed down our workforce by forcing employers to hire based on race and gender quotas rather than actual qualification to do the job.

I'd say YOU are the one in denial of the obvious. I'm white, you're black; yet, you have had WAY more opportunity handed to you based on your social status than I ever have. You refute your own argument and reinforce mine.

Black people don't look for racism that doesn't exist, they normally point out racism that whites either ignore, are unaware of or simply refuse to acknowledge. Take the New York Post cartoon on Obama, the NY Post swears that its just harmless satire, but the reality is that it was racist, yet the whites at the NY Post refuse to acknowledge this.

Classic example. One man's satire is another man's racism. Bigotry often grows from seemingly innocuous beginnings (person B telling person A what person A meant).

I know I am not Gunny but I still have a comment on this. Affirmative action was based in good intentions but, in truth, I think it really hurt not only blacks but women as well. It allowed a lower standard to be set in a lot of areas and a sense of entitlement to develop.

Example: You have on student, color aside, works hard all through school. 1550 on the SAT's, straight As with one B+ in the ENTIRETY of that person's schooling career, many volunteer programs and extra ciricular activities.. This young person applies to the school of their dreams, Stanford. To be accepted is very difficult but it has been a life long dream. Turns out that person was denied. The kick in the teeth however is the female friend who was 1/16th Native American getting into Stanford with average GPA, average intelligence, and a full scholarship based upon race alone. She is blonde, white, blue eyes and cherub cheeks for heaven's sake.

I think we should take race entirely out of the question, don't assign students a name on their school applications but rather a number that corresponds to a name. Allow them to be judged on merrit. I would say the same for jobs but in honesty you start with the kids then race won't be an issue later on. It will be about work ethic and intelligence, people would be judged on who they are, not how they look.

Is that your best answer? The same one you continually try to use. I'm in denial about nothing.

Yeah, I have a useful alternative to affirmative action. The most qualified person should get the job. Affirmative action has dumbed down our workforce by forcing employers to hire based on race and gender quotas rather than actual qualification to do the job.

I'd say YOU are the one in denial of the obvious. I'm white, you're black; yet, you have had WAY more opportunity handed to you based on your social status than I ever have. You refute your own argument and reinforce mine.

In case you didn't get it before, affirmative action does *NOT* give unqualified people a chance and those who get the highest scores of entrance exams are *NOT* necessarily the best qualified for a position and or slot in a college class, therefore there is no evidence to support the notion that affirmative action has dumbed down our workforce, unless you are presuming that the people who benefit from affirmative action are dumb to begin with, thats biased.

The best qualified would be the ideal face it, we live in a society full of racist stereotypes and that is why the meritocracy thing doesn't work[though it should].

The Bass is the exception Gunny, not the rule and you truly don't know if the Bass has has way more opportunity than you.

I know I am not Gunny but I still have a comment on this. Affirmative action was based in good intentions but, in truth, I think it really hurt not only blacks but women as well. It allowed a lower standard to be set in a lot of areas and a sense of entitlement to develop.

BS, this statement of allowing a lower standard is nonsense because it already presupposes that women and blacks are of a lower standard. That in itself is based upon a racist presupposition.

Affirmative action denies jobs to the most qualified.

As for Gunny'y claims that affirmative action dumbs down the workforce:

Are Affirmative Action Hires Less Qualified? Evidence from Employer-Employee Data on New Hires

In this paper we use micro-level data on employers and employees to investigate whether Affirmative Action procedures lead firms to hire minority or female employees who are less qualified than workers who might otherwise be hired. Our measures of qualifications include the educational attainment of the workers hired (both absolutely and relative to job requirements), skill requirements of the job into which they are hired, and a variety of outcome measures that are presumably related to worker performance on the job. The analysis is based on a representative sample of over 3,200 employers in four major metropolitan areas in the U.S. Our results show some evidence of lower educational qualifications among blacks and Hispanics hired under Affirmative Action, but not among white women. Further, our results show little evidence of substantially weaker job performance among most groups of minority and female Affirmative Action hires.

Additionally, the argument that affirmative action increases the perception that blacks and minorities are inferior and or less able and or intelligent is pure garbage and totally bogus. Before affirmative action whites thought the same thing about blacks and the fact that alot of whites still have those thoughts have nothing to do with affirmative action, accept the responsibility of your own racism and quit blaming others for your racist thoughts especially when they have no basis in reality.

BS, this statement of allowing a lower standard is nonsense because it already presupposes that women and blacks are of a lower standard. That in itself is based upon a racist presupposition.

Affirmative action denies jobs to the most qualified.

As for Gunny'y claims that affirmative action dumbs down the workforce:

Are Affirmative Action Hires Less Qualified? Evidence from Employer-Employee Data on New Hires

In this paper we use micro-level data on employers and employees to investigate whether Affirmative Action procedures lead firms to hire minority or female employees who are less qualified than workers who might otherwise be hired. Our measures of qualifications include the educational attainment of the workers hired (both absolutely and relative to job requirements), skill requirements of the job into which they are hired, and a variety of outcome measures that are presumably related to worker performance on the job. The analysis is based on a representative sample of over 3,200 employers in four major metropolitan areas in the U.S. Our results show some evidence of lower educational qualifications among blacks and Hispanics hired under Affirmative Action, but not among white women. Further, our results show little evidence of substantially weaker job performance among most groups of minority and female Affirmative Action hires.

Now the studies you quoted make affirmative action seem wonderful and the perfect solution in a world where race and sex are looked down upon. What of the example I gave you? The one denied was a dear friend of mine, the one accepted was a friend as well. The point wasn't that stupid Joe Blows will be getting the jobs but that the people MOST qualified for the position will not be taken in. We may get people who are good but they aren't first pick.

Now the reason I said it sets a lower standard is because where we might be getting someone qualified for the position the person who would have excelled will be over looked. As well it hurts those who ARE perfectly qualified because co-workers will assume that instead of getting in on merit the only reason the woman got her position was because of affirmative action.

Additionally, the argument that affirmative action increases the perception that blacks and minorities are inferior and or less able and or intelligent is pure garbage and totally bogus. Before affirmative action whites thought the same thing about blacks and the fact that alot of whites still have those thoughts have nothing to do with affirmative action, accept the responsibility of your own racism and quit blaming others for your racist thoughts especially when they have no basis in reality.

I responded to you and your statement because I thought you seemed articulate, polite, and level headed. I am a woman and I was responding because affirmative action affects me and how people see me. Now I might not be black but if I get promoted above a man suddenly jokes around the water cooler are people questioning who I gave a blowjob to. If you read other posts of mine I am VERY consistent in my overall point. People need to work hard and should be judged off of the work they do, off their own individual merit and NOT how they look.

I believe we should do away with BET, Black History Month, and other racially motivated things because we are not doing anything more than drawing more and more racial lines and seperations. I believe the women's rights movement needs to take a step back and realize that the only way they can push to be more equal to men is to each start growing a penis. I believe that we have pushed so hard and so far with rights that the pendulum has swung and is growing ever nearer to the next extreme and either we grab hold and try desperately to help it level or it will just go on swinging from one extreme to the other for eternity.

Angel ... the bAssMaster likes to ignore any facts that are undeniable ... especially when they disprove his mindless rants. That's why many of us just poke fun at him or make him talk in circles for a laugh now.

I responded to you and your statement because I thought you seemed articulate, polite, and level headed. I am a woman and I was responding because affirmative action affects me and how people see me. Now I might not be black but if I get promoted above a man suddenly jokes around the water cooler are people questioning who I gave a blowjob to. If you read other posts of mine I am VERY consistent in my overall point. People need to work hard and should be judged off of the work they do, off their own individual merit and NOT how they look.

I believe we should do away with BET, Black History Month, and other racially motivated things because we are not doing anything more than drawing more and more racial lines and seperations. I believe the women's rights movement needs to take a step back and realize that the only way they can push to be more equal to men is to each start growing a penis. I believe that we have pushed so hard and so far with rights that the pendulum has swung and is growing ever nearer to the next extreme and either we grab hold and try desperately to help it level or it will just go on swinging from one extreme to the other for eternity.

KK is right. You won't get much change from The Bass (as he rather absurdly refers to himself) by using reason. I have never known him to acknowledge a point that is not 100% aligned with his parochial views.

Forum List

Back