Are some black people racists?

B94

Nov 7, 2008
Kansas
Are some black people racists?
Do some black people look for racism where it doesn’t exist?
Does this make them racists?
What makes a black person a racist?

Maybe I should have asked.

Why are some black people racists?
Why do some black people look for racism where it doesn’t exist?
What makes a black person a racist when they have a history of being negatively effected by racism? It seems to me that the black people should surely be against racists of any color.
Are the black people that are racists, racists for different reasons from white racists? If so what are the differences?
I believe discussing the reasons people have for being racists can shed some light on making changes in a positive way.

Last edited:
Maybe I should have asked.

I don't know. Each individual is different. My guess would be that they were raised that way, had some experience that led to their feelings, or have an overdeveloped sense of ethnocentrism.

I don't know. Paranoia?

Again, by definition, I don't think so.

What makes a black person a racist when they have a history of being negatively effected by racism? It seems to me that the black people should surely be against racists of any color.

:eusa_eh:

Every race has racists. That is just something that will always be.

ETA:

Are the black people that are racists, racists for different reasons from white racists? If so what are the differences?

I don't think so. IMO, the reasons stated above apply to all races.

I believe discussing the reasons people have for being racists can shed some light on making changes in a positive way.

I think so too.

Humans usually have problems with people that are different from them, though its to varying degrees with each individual. This includes situations where people have different political veiws, religious veiws, color of skin, the way people speak, cultural differences, nationalism, morality issues, entertainment values, sexual preference, etc.

I believe that black people took a turn for the worse, in some respects, after they finally achieved equal rights. They were bitter about how things were in the past, and since they were free to voice their opinions, they did so. They preached all over the place, including in music, tv, movies and poetry, in their churches and they preached to their children at home. Im sure it was a difficult thing for young black children to hear about white people treating black people as lower class citizens, and it obviously made an impression on the younger generation. Now black people are full of confidence, and and many of them feel like its their duty to take the crimes of the past out on the innocent white people of today. They blame them for it. Its complete bullshit and its totally unfair to white people that were born after that era, but i understand how it happened and why they are the way they are. Empowerment does have an ugly side on occasion.

Are all black people this way? No, but many are. There are more racists per capita in the black community than in any other racial group. Ive seen it many times working in night clubs. You wont ever hear any racist insults on techno nights or asian nights, but racial remarks and insults are somewhat common on hip hop nights. Im probably unfairly catagorizing all black people if i dont point out that this mostly seems to apply only to young black people. The majority of this young black crowd acted appropriately, but there were still way too many that didnt.

I cant tell you how many times ive seen the race card pulled out when everyone there knows it has nothing to do with racism. It never ceased to amaze me when you had to throw a black customer out on a hip hop night, and he says "your just doing this because im black!". Pretty much everyone in the joint is black on hip hop nights, with the exception of the bar staff, so its an absurd claim. You would especially see this happen when it was a predominately white night, and you had to throw a drunk black customer out. My rule was, you were banned for life if you used that line on me. That really tended to piss them off, because there arent many clubs that allow hip hop nights in Seattle anymore. One guy threatened to come back with a gun and shoot me. Guns were also an issue on hip hop nights, but thats another story.

I think when people would pull the race card at inappropriate times, its coming from a source of racism in themselves. Most black people dont do it, and the ones that do tend to be ignorant and bad people, in my experience.

What makes a black person a racist when they have a history of being negatively effected by racism?

I think people that have been negatively effected by racism in the past, are more likely than most to become racists themselves.

It seems to me that the black people should surely be against racists of any color.

They arent. Black people as a whole are actually fairly bigotted if you think about it. They seem to have serious issues with white people and mexicans, and they despise gay people.

Racism mostly comes from ignorance. Its strange to me when you find intelligent people who think that the color of a persons skin means something. Black, white and brown people may be different, culturally speaking, but they are certainly not inherantly different.

Last edited:
You should all realize,that America is by its own creation, and nature a "racist society". To ask the question
"Are Some Black People racist", ignores the fact of what "Black people, as a racial group, had to endure, and were exposed to ,since Americas was formed as a Nation, by racist sadistic caucasians.

Are Black people racists? no more than your average White racist.
Lets face it, the Black race was on the planet Earth First.Millions of years ago in Africa.
Scientists have proven this fact, numerous times over the past hundred years or so.
And after what White people have done, and still do to Black people in America, we
Blacks have every reason to be Racists!

You should all realize,that America is by its own creation, and nature a "racist society". To ask the question
"Are Some Black People racist", ignores the fact of what "Black people, as a racial group, had to endure, and were exposed to ,since Americas was formed as a Nation, by racist sadistic caucasians.

Lets face it, the Black race was on the planet Earth First.Millions of years ago in Africa.
Scientists have proven this fact, numerous times over the past hundred years or so.
And after what White people have done, and still do to Black people in America, we

Heres a good example of what ive been talking about. 52ndstreet falls into that catagory of ignorant people excuse their own racism, because of the sins of some people in the past. He is also helping to prove my point about how racist people are in the black community. He thinks black people are more important than white people, which is pathetic.

He is one of the reasons there still are a few white racists left in our country. Its difficult NOT to hate him.

Last edited:

It's ignorant to use the "I was here first" argument. I mentioned you and your posts to a friend of mine today who said you're full of dog shit. (And yes, he's black)

First, let's face it, the United States had FAR LESS African slaves than many other countries in this world. And to claim that this country was set up to be racist is another retarded (and not to mention ignorant) statement. Our constitution states that every man is created equal....now whether or not people practiced or agreed with it is another story. But then again, this is what the country is all about is it not??? Being able to disagree with the way the country is being run?

I'll give you the fact that blacks got a shitty deal when it comes to slavery. But let's be mature and intelligent about it, slavery was illegalized 150 years ago. And let's be more intelligent, black children today get the same opportunities that white children get.... access to a public education, equal protection under the law, and can exercise any right that any other white child in America can.

And tell me 52nd, what is your "average" white Racist?? I don't know how many times you've seen "Birth of a Nation" but you need to quit watching it because you live a dream world. Be a man and don't blame other people for your lack of motivatoin and inability to make something of yourself.

As far as "racist" is concerned. Racism has nothing to do with what a race has gone through. Racism is someone who hates an entire race of people regardless of the good or bad they have done. A white man could jump in front of a bullet to save your life and you would still hate him because he's a white man. Then you'd probably sue him for discrimination.

Black people don't look for racism that doesn't exist, they normally point out racism that whites either ignore, are unaware of or simply refuse to acknowledge. Take the New York Post cartoon on Obama, the NY Post swears that its just harmless satire, but the reality is that it was racist, yet the whites at the NY Post refuse to acknowledge this.

bullshit. people are people regardless and we are all capable of racism. Excuses for black racism is just as worthless as excuses for white racism. If you think otherwise, then chances are you are a racist piece of shit.

In the end racism will be based on how you was raised. Now if you never experienced racism other than on television. Then your view will be different than the person who worked and was singled out because of his skin color not anything else.

bullshit. people are people regardless and we are all capable of racism. Excuses for black racism is just as worthless as excuses for white racism. If you think otherwise, then chances are you are a racist piece of shit.

Shut up faggot, no one said black racism doesn't exist, but so called black racism surely hasn't hurt whitey.

Shut up faggot, no one said black racism doesn't exist, but so called black racism surely hasn't hurt whitey.

you are wrong, ******. Racism hurts society regardless if it's blacks you are defending or whites that meet up with David Duke. Your opinion about black racism not hurting whitey means two things: jack and shit. Racism, black or white, sucks and thre is no excuse for it.

and of course you need to be a poster child for a stereotype.

there are racists among every kind of people.

and you all suck.

you are wrong, ******. Racism hurts society regardless if it's blacks you are defending or whites that meet up with David Duke. Your opinion about black racism not hurting whitey means two things: jack and shit. Racism, black or white, sucks and thre is no excuse for it.

Faggot, quit chewing on strawmen arguments and prove where so called "black racism" has hurt whites.

Faggot, quit chewing on strawmen arguments and prove where so called "black racism" has hurt whites.

That whole faggot thing is projection. But aside from that, racism doesn't have to do with the power to implement your hatred. Racism is simply hating someone for what they're born.

don't try to elevate it.

You and blowgun are both chewing on straws, the challenge was to prove where "black racism" has hurt whites. Racism doesn't have to have hatred to exist or to be real and the Bass has no hatred, you use that damn word without indiscriminately without knowing its meaning, to you disagreeing with gay marriage is hatred, how damn benign is that?

two words: affirmative action. Again, if this is a MERIT based society rather than one that decides eligibility based on skin color then AA is no less racist in practice than good ole white boys keeping ******* out of the executive office.

talk more about strawmen, dude. Your assumption that black racism doesn't hurt anyone does more to perpetuate the cycle of racism and your own ignorant stereotype than any jazzy retort I could come up with today.

Forum List

Back