Are seniors safe under GOP Medicare plan?

Look at the VA, considered one of the best HC in the world.
Except by the veterans who will do just about anything to avoid ending up in a VA facility.

Idjit.

That must be Bush & McCain, who the troops wouldn't mind fucking them both up in a hall closet.

No BS here. The VA rates in the top 10, and serves more American patients than anybody else. Libs should book mark this scientific data.:eusa_angel:

http://www.va.gov/health/docs/HospitalReportCard2010.pdf

"The retirees are going to be taken care of; there's no ifs, ands, or buts about it," House Speaker John Boehner vowed in an interview with CBS last month. The plan's architect, Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, has said time and again that the changes wouldn't affect anybody getting close to retirement. "We propose to not change the benefits for people above the age of 55," Ryan, chairman of the House Budget Committee, insisted last week.

There's only one problem with the strategy: It's not true.

If Congress were to pass Ryan's plan and repeal the law, as House Republicans want, the 3 million to 4 million seniors left in the doughnut hole each year would immediately face significant out-of-pocket costs. They and all other Medicare beneficiaries would also lose access to a host of preventative-care benefits in the health care law, including free wellness visits to physicians, mammograms, colonoscopies, and programs to help smokers quit.

Perhaps more jolting, the Republican budget would cut spending on Medicaid—health care for the poor—much of which goes to long-term care for the elderly. Some 9 million seniors qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid benefits, and about two-thirds of all nursing-home residents are covered by Medicaid.

Are seniors safe under GOP Medicare plan? - Yahoo! News

And the GOP can't understand why the vast majority Americans are so OPPOSED to this bullshit. I sure hope the GOP continues pushing this garbage. It will send them packing for40 years.

The GOP understand it quite well, it;s because the Democrats have been lying to the American public for so long that the American public actually believes that everything they get is free and that nobody has to pay for it. Truth be told, someone has to pay for it and the bill is due, we can no longer afford to take care of the elderly and the lazy at the expense of the ever decreasing taxpayer, you dumb fucking idiot. Do the math, due to Democrat policy the tax payer class is ever increasing while the recipient class is ever increasing, do you think that is sustainable you dumb fucking piece of shit? No, its not, but you'll suck off the government tit regardless, because you are a worthless piece of trash who supports this. In my area, we call folks like you target practice, because you are good for nothing else.
Also, do you think I give a rats ass for an elderly person who wishes to trade their liberty for prosperity? I dont, they are trash too, if they did not pay into it, they should rot without it, if that is not incentive enought to get someone to earn a living then they should rot also. There is no free rides dickwad, you will figure this out about 2 years after Obamacare kicks in and goes bankrupt sending this country into one big ass riot and the U.N. takes America over "For our own good" effectively making our constitution obsolete. And you will have yourself to blame, moron.
Of course, the above will not happen because Americans like me still have the balls to stand up for our constitution unlike you, you fucking worm.

Last edited:
"The retirees are going to be taken care of; there's no ifs, ands, or buts about it," House Speaker John Boehner vowed in an interview with CBS last month. The plan's architect, Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, has said time and again that the changes wouldn't affect anybody getting close to retirement. "We propose to not change the benefits for people above the age of 55," Ryan, chairman of the House Budget Committee, insisted last week.

There's only one problem with the strategy: It's not true.

If Congress were to pass Ryan's plan and repeal the law, as House Republicans want, the 3 million to 4 million seniors left in the doughnut hole each year would immediately face significant out-of-pocket costs. They and all other Medicare beneficiaries would also lose access to a host of preventative-care benefits in the health care law, including free wellness visits to physicians, mammograms, colonoscopies, and programs to help smokers quit.

Perhaps more jolting, the Republican budget would cut spending on Medicaid—health care for the poor—much of which goes to long-term care for the elderly. Some 9 million seniors qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid benefits, and about two-thirds of all nursing-home residents are covered by Medicaid.

Are seniors safe under GOP Medicare plan? - Yahoo! News

And the GOP can't understand why the vast majority Americans are so OPPOSED to this bullshit. I sure hope the GOP continues pushing this garbage. It will send them packing for40 years.

The GOP understand it quite well, it;s because the Democrats have been lying to the American public for so long that the American public actually believes that everything they get is free and that nobody has to pay for it. Truth be told, someone has to pay for it and the bill is due, we can no longer afford to take care of the elderly and the lazy at the expense of the ever decreasing taxpayer, you dumb fucking idiot. Do the math, due to Democrat policy the tax payer class is ever increasing while the recipient class is ever increasing, do you think that is sustainable you dumb fucking piece of shit? No, its not, but you'll suck off the government tit regardless, because you are a worthless piece of trash who supports this. In my area, we call folks like you target practice, because you are good for nothing else.
Also, do you think I give a rats ass for an elderly person who wishes to trade their liberty for prosperity? I dont, they are trash too, if they did not pay into it, they should rot without it, if that is not incentive enought to get someone to earn a living then they should rot also. There is no free rides dickwad, you will figure this out about 2 years after Obamacare kicks in and goes bankrupt sending this country into one big ass riot and the U.N. takes America over "For our own good" effectively making our constitution obsolete. And you will have yourself to blame, moron.
Of course, the above will not happen because Americans like me still have the balls to stand up for our constitution unlike you, you fucking worm.

For all of your talk of "idiots" you sure are the clueless one, aren't you?

First of all dipshit, nobody ever said any of it is for free. It's something that people pay into their whole lives. So nobody is "sucking off the government tit". But I guess that escaped your notice.

You said you don't "give a rats ass for an elderly person who wishes to trade their liberty for prosperity". What liberty is threatened? Or is that some bullshit thing you just made up? But you do have one thing right. You and the GOP don't give a rats ass for the elderly.

You may claim to have "balls", but methinks the American people will kick you and your "new conservative ideas" in those "pea sized balls" of yours.

And as I have said before. You and yours may cry, bitch and moan all you want. But when your time comes you will be in the front of the line to collect your SS and Medicare. :up: And that's when you will become a "pea size balled" hypocrite.

And since you brought up the "people in your area", you might be surprised to know I have a picture of you and the "people in your area".

Attachments

• $redneck-olympics.jpg
    $redneck-olympics.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Gee, I had no idea changing medicare from a single payor fee for service program to a premium support program was "destroying" it.

The GOP budget doesn't propose a premium support program (which actually does have a meaning, despite what Ryan would have you believe), it proposes a voucher program.

And yes, eliminating the public insurance and defined benefit of a defined benefit public health insurance program destroys it. But take heart: destruction is a kind of change.

Gee, I had no idea changing medicare from a single payor fee for service program to a premium support program was "destroying" it.

The GOP budget doesn't propose a premium support program (which actually does have a meaning, despite what Ryan would have you believe), it proposes a voucher program.

And yes, eliminating the public insurance and defined benefit of a defined benefit public health insurance program destroys it. But take heart: destruction is a kind of change.

Destruction is the only change the right wing appreciates. What have they ever built? They can't name anything of worth.

I really could give a damn what you want to lie to label it. It's a premium support plan, there are no "vouchers". And no changing it from a fee for service single payor vehicle to a premium support plan doesn't "destroy it" it just changes it. medicare will still exist, old people will still have insurance paid for by it. they will still go to doctors and still get care (likely even better care).

I really could give a damn what you want to lie to label it. It's a premium support plan, there are no "vouchers".

And yet the label is rather important, as it gets at the very heart of what the policy looks like. Which is why I linked to one of the originators of the premium support concept explaining the difference:

The defining attribute of the plans that Reischauer and I christened “premium support” was that the amount of support was to be indexed to average health care costs, not, as in voucher plans, to a price index or per person income. If savings were to result from the exercise of consumer choice and market discipline, that would be well and good, we argued. But savings should not come from erosion of the adequacy of support resulting from linking the payment to a slowly growing index. This difference is crucial. Voucher plans are virtually guaranteed to become increasingly inadequate; premium support plans will not.​

Ryan has toyed with the idea of premium support before, but in the GOP budget he opted for a voucher approach.

And no changing it from a fee for service single payor vehicle to a premium support plan doesn't "destroy it" it just changes it. medicare will still exist, old people will still have insurance paid for by it. they will still go to doctors and still get care (likely even better care).

Medicare (or CMS, rather) is a payer. It reimburses physicians and hospitals for services rendered to the elderly. If you eliminate that payer then no, it doesn't exist anymore. A voucher of eroding value to go buy an Aetna plan is not Medicare, no matter how badly the GOP faithful want to believe that calling it Medicare will make it so.

Those mean nasty republicans are gonna throw granny down the stairs in her wheelchair.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHHJsXH3BiU&feature=related]YouTube - ‪kiss of death‬‏[/ame]

Medicare (or CMS, rather) is a payer. It reimburses physicians and hospitals for services rendered to the elderly. If you eliminate that payer then no, it doesn't exist anymore. A voucher of eroding value to go buy an Aetna plan is not Medicare, no matter how badly the GOP faithful want to believe that calling it Medicare will make it so.

Whatever you want to call it, Medicare is Medicare. If you claim that it wouldn't be the same, what you're saying is that if we make any change whatsoever to Medicare, then we've "destroyed" it.

This is the sleaziest kind of propaganda imaginable, but that's what liberals excel at.

Last edited:
We used to have it. Trillions and trillions in unneeded tax cuts change everything. NOW we don't have the money.

Tax cuts don't amount to 1/50th of the ultimate cost of medicare, which is $100 trillion dollar.

Whatever you want to call Medicare is Medicare.

:lol: Here's a radical move: I'm going to call that program that's paid the hospital and physician bills of the elderly for 46 years "Medicare." You want to end that program and call your Anthem coupon "Medicare" in hopes nobody notices what happened. Talk about sleazy.

Here's a radical move: I'm going to call that program that's paid the hospital and physician bills of the elderly for 46 years "Medicare." You want to end that program and call your Anthem coupon "Medicare" in hopes nobody notices what happened. Talk about sleazy.

Senior's will continue to get their medical bills paid under Ryan's budget, so according to your definition of the term, it doesn't abolish medicare.

Whatever you want to call Medicare is Medicare.

:lol: Here's a radical move: I'm going to call that program that's paid the hospital and physician bills of the elderly for 46 years "Medicare." You want to end that program and call your Anthem coupon "Medicare" in hopes nobody notices what happened. Talk about sleazy.

I thought Ryan's plan was to keep Medicare going as is for people 55 and over. So, isn't it going to be around for another 50 years or so? It's not going to be ended at all, excpet that people under 55 won't have that option and will have to get their own health insurance.

Atrios nailed this one:
"When we replace the Marines with a pizza, we’ll call the pizza the Marines.”

Eschaton: When We Replace The Marines With A Pizza, We Will Call The Pizza The Marines

More like, when the Republicans change the camouflage pattern on their uniform, we'll accuse them of destroying the Marines.

The "Destroying Medicare" meme is a sleazy leftwing gambit.

I really could give a damn what you want to lie to label it. It's a premium support plan, there are no "vouchers". And no changing it from a fee for service single payor vehicle to a premium support plan doesn't "destroy it" it just changes it. medicare will still exist, old people will still have insurance paid for by it. they will still go to doctors and still get care (likely even better care).

Just like our soldiers got better care at Walter Reed under Bush.

Atrios nailed this one:
"When we replace the Marines with a pizza, we’ll call the pizza the Marines.”

Eschaton: When We Replace The Marines With A Pizza, We Will Call The Pizza The Marines

More like, when the Republicans change the camouflage pattern on their uniform, we'll accuse them of destroying the Marines.

The "Destroying Medicare" meme is a sleazy leftwing gambit.

Now Pattycake, as one that is on MediCare, what I see in Ryans plan is the intention to destroy MediCare. I think a bunch of us seniors will just elect to destroy Ryan's political future instead.

I really could give a damn what you want to lie to label it. It's a premium support plan, there are no "vouchers".

And yet the label is rather important, as it gets at the very heart of what the policy looks like. Which is why I linked to one of the originators of the premium support concept explaining the difference:

The defining attribute of the plans that Reischauer and I christened “premium support” was that the amount of support was to be indexed to average health care costs, not, as in voucher plans, to a price index or per person income. If savings were to result from the exercise of consumer choice and market discipline, that would be well and good, we argued. But savings should not come from erosion of the adequacy of support resulting from linking the payment to a slowly growing index. This difference is crucial. Voucher plans are virtually guaranteed to become increasingly inadequate; premium support plans will not.​
not all premium support plans are equal, but they are all premium support plans. Your choosing this "one" model as the "only" model is disingenuous tripe.

Ryan has toyed with the idea of premium support before, but in the GOP budget he opted for a voucher approach.
A premium support with a sliding scale and gaurantteed coverage.

And no changing it from a fee for service single payor vehicle to a premium support plan doesn't "destroy it" it just changes it. medicare will still exist, old people will still have insurance paid for by it. they will still go to doctors and still get care (likely even better care).

You assume the support will have eroding value, a rather large assumption. Also, medicare will still exist, it will just be transformed from a single payor fee for services program into a premium support program with sliding scales and gauranteed coverage.

Forum List

Back