CDZ Are RW's safe in arguing OUR ideas are proven and the LW's are all un/dis-proven?

It is not unusual for "hive" people to register in a party. Truth is, there has been polling done on the number of conservatives versus liberals for years, and the left is a definite minority.

In 2017, there were exactly 4 states that had more liberals than conservatives.

Wyoming, North Dakota and Mississippi Most Conservative

Mark
All 3 together have 1/2 the population of Brooklyn, NY.

Look at the entire link, especially the graph with the 50 states listed.

Mark
I did and, admittedly was surprised to see more people identify being conservative. I think it speaks to the ability of the GOP to frighten us. "Liberals want to take your guns", "Liberals want open borders", etc. more than the success of GOP policies.

If you recall, during the debate over the tax cut, Republican leaders continually insisted the tax cuts would be popular, and if enacted into law would provide the basis for their candidates to campaign. But the tax cuts remain unpopular, and Republicans have stopped talking about them.

Josh Green has obtained internal Republican survey data, which includes the hilarious finding that Republican voters refuse to believe Democrats might win Congress. More pertinently, it reveals that voters are not actually onboard with the party agenda. The survey found “increasing funding for veterans’ mental health services, strengthening and preserving Medicare and Social Security, and reforming the student loan system all scored higher than Trump’s favored subjects of tax cuts, border security, and preserving the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.”

Some years ago, I went to a Democratic fundraiser at the local VFW. At the end of the night, I was with 5 or 6 local Democrats at the bar. So, I asked them what made them democrats. "Do you favor gun control"? Nope, they said. How about abortion? Nope, they replied. Certainly you must favor big government? Are you crazy, was the answer.

And then I looked at them and said, hey dummies, you are all Republicans.

Truthfully, if the Democrats actually told the voters what they were in favor of, they would never win another election.

Mark

Some years ago, I went to a Democratic fundraiser at the local VFW. At the end of the night, I was with 5 or 6 local Democrats at the bar. So, I asked them what made them democrats. "Do you favor gun control"? Nope, they said. How about abortion? Nope, they replied. Certainly you must favor big government? Are you crazy, was the answer.

Truthfully, if the Democrats actually told the voters what they were in favor of, they would never win another election.

Mark
Truthfully, if the Republicans actually told the voters what Democrats were really in favor of, Democrats would never lose another election.

Are RW's safe in arguing OUR ideas are proven and the LW's are all un/dis-proven?
I guess it wasn't proven to the electorate since we now have a Democratic House.

The Left has held public education for over half a century. I suspect it would take brute force to wrest it from their grip.
So you're saying your ideology is superior but highly educated people are too ignorant to see it? It seems the less educated you are the more likely you'll be RW.

When it comes to education, the parties have switched places over the past two decades.

According to a Pew Research Center poll released this week, Democrats are now the party of college graduates, especially those with post-graduate work. Meanwhile, people with a high-school degree or less, by far the larger group, slightly lean toward Republicans.

Both preferences are the reverse of what they were in the 1990s.

According to Pew, 54 percent of college graduates either identified as Democrats or leaned Democratic, compared to 39 percent who identified or leaned Republican. One-third of Americans have a college degree.

Just 25 years ago, those numbers were perfectly reversed in the Pew survey, with the GOP holding a 54-39 advantage among people with college degrees.​
That assumes all other variables were constant. Unfortunately for you, they were not. Therefore, the fact that more Democrats hold a piece of paper that says they know this or that, is utterly meaningless without further evidence.

Ergo, standing in a garage does not make me a car. Having 4 wheels and an internal combustion engine would be strong evidence that I am though.

I am reminded, once again, of what a former instructor told my class on the first day. He said we would first learn how things were supposed to work, then we would go into a more "real world" environment to see how they really do work. Much like going to college, getting a degree, then you go get a job and find out that much of the theoretical knowledge you gained was utterly useless without "real world" experience to guide when to use what information.

If you really what to know how "smart" people lean, politically, it would be fare more beneficial to use career experience as your guide, not some piece of scrap paper.

Are RW's safe in arguing OUR ideas are proven and the LW's are all un/dis-proven?
I guess it wasn't proven to the electorate since we now have a Democratic House.

The Left has held public education for over half a century. I suspect it would take brute force to wrest it from their grip.
So you're saying your ideology is superior but highly educated people are too ignorant to see it? It seems the less educated you are the more likely you'll be RW.

When it comes to education, the parties have switched places over the past two decades.

According to a Pew Research Center poll released this week, Democrats are now the party of college graduates, especially those with post-graduate work. Meanwhile, people with a high-school degree or less, by far the larger group, slightly lean toward Republicans.

According to Pew, 54 percent of college graduates either identified as Democrats or leaned Democratic, compared to 39 percent who identified or leaned Republican. One-third of Americans have a college degree.

Just 25 years ago, those numbers were perfectly reversed in the Pew survey, with the GOP holding a 54-39 advantage among people with college degrees.​
That assumes all other variables were constant. Unfortunately for you, they were not. Therefore, the fact that more Democrats hold a piece of paper that says they know this or that, is utterly meaningless without further evidence.

Ergo, standing in a garage does not make me a car. Having 4 wheels and an internal combustion engine would be strong evidence that I am though.

I am reminded, once again, of what a former instructor told my class on the first day. He said we would first learn how things were supposed to work, then we would go into a more "real world" environment to see how they really do work. Much like going to college, getting a degree, then you go get a job and find out that much of the theoretical knowledge you gained was utterly useless without "real world" experience to guide when to use what information.

If you really what to know how "smart" people lean, politically, it would be fare more beneficial to use career experience as your guide, not some piece of scrap paper.
So you don't like the answer so you change the question? If you take your car to a garage and you get a paper that says it passes inspection, there is a very good chance it is a car.

So what kind of career experience do you suggest? Are coal miners smarter than lawyers? I'll even make it easy, you can start here.

So you don't like the answer so you change the question? If you take your car to a garage and you get a paper that says it passes inspection, there is a very good chance it is a car.

So what kind of career experience do you suggest? Are coal miners smarter than lawyers? I'll even make it easy, you can start here.

If you are taught by a liberal, chances are you will lean that way yourself. Most teachers are liberal. What result would you expect?

Mark

It is not unusual for "hive" people to register in a party. Truth is, there has been polling done on the number of conservatives versus liberals for years, and the left is a definite minority.

In 2017, there were exactly 4 states that had more liberals than conservatives.

Wyoming, North Dakota and Mississippi Most Conservative

Mark
All 3 together have 1/2 the population of Brooklyn, NY.

Look at the entire link, especially the graph with the 50 states listed.

Mark
I did and, admittedly was surprised to see more people identify being conservative. I think it speaks to the ability of the GOP to frighten us. "Liberals want to take your guns", "Liberals want open borders", etc. more than the success of GOP policies.

If you recall, during the debate over the tax cut, Republican leaders continually insisted the tax cuts would be popular, and if enacted into law would provide the basis for their candidates to campaign. But the tax cuts remain unpopular, and Republicans have stopped talking about them.

Josh Green has obtained internal Republican survey data, which includes the hilarious finding that Republican voters refuse to believe Democrats might win Congress. More pertinently, it reveals that voters are not actually onboard with the party agenda. The survey found “increasing funding for veterans’ mental health services, strengthening and preserving Medicare and Social Security, and reforming the student loan system all scored higher than Trump’s favored subjects of tax cuts, border security, and preserving the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.”

Mark

I believe there is a lot of validity to this.

People who were JFK Democrats in the 1960's would be ideologically closer to Trump than to Hillary.

If you are taught by a liberal, chances are you will lean that way yourself. Most teachers are liberal. What result would you expect?

Mark

The Agenda: Grinding America Down

From appx 11:14

THE 45 COMMUNIST GOALS AS READ INTO THE CONGRESSIONAL RECORD, 1963 - Watchwoman on the Wall

Description

When Idaho Legislator Curtis Bowers wrote a "letter to the editor" about the drastic changes in America's culture, it became the feature story on the evening news, people protested at the Capitol, and for weeks the local newspapers were filled with responses. He realized then... he'd hit on something. Ask almost anyone and you'll hear, "Communism is dead! The Berlin Wall came down." Thought the word communism isn't used anymore, this film will show the ideas behind it are alive and well. Join Bowers for a fascinating look at the people and groups that have successfully targeted America's morality and freedom in their effort to grind America down. It's a well documented AGENDA.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003Z3CZGG/?tag=ff0d01-20

Mark
Truthfully, if the Republicans actually told the voters what Democrats were really in favor of, Democrats would never lose another election.

That is so twisted and convoluted, it is a textbook example of Liberalitis.

The Dems ALWAYS hide their true agenda when campaigning.

If what you say is true, why don't Dems reveal their hidden agenda and, "...never lose another election..."?

You are so Liberal hardwired you can't even see yourself clearly.

I think you are missing the point. You are suggesting that people with a shared similar experience (college), tend to lean a particular way politically. Could it be that it is a result of the way colleges present information? Could it be that people who are interested in professions requiring a degree are predisposed to said political leanings? Could it be that a college education says absolutely nothing about what a person would otherwise think politically? These are all variables that are rarely, if ever addressed in such discussions. Are you willing to address them?

As to what career experience I suggest, well, for starters one could look at a given profession and break it down further by years in said profession. Or gender, ethnicity, marital status, age, or any number of other demographics. Then compare that to other professions in the same demographic. Yet it is rarely done, at least on this forum.

Mark

If what you say is true, why don't Dems reveal their hidden agenda and, "...never lose another election..."?

Maybe they don't have a hidden agenda? Maybe they actually mean what they say and it is the GOP that lie. The vast majority of Dems don't want open borders and unlimited immigration even though that is what the GOP claims.

I think you are missing the point. You are suggesting that people with a shared similar experience (college), tend to lean a particular way politically. Could it be that it is a result of the way colleges present information? Could it be that people who are interested in professions requiring a degree are predisposed to said political leanings? Could it be that a college education says absolutely nothing about what a person would otherwise think politically? These are all variables that are rarely, if ever addressed in such discussions. Are you willing to address them?

As to what career experience I suggest, well, for starters one could look at a given profession and break it down further by years in said profession. Or gender, ethnicity, marital status, age, or any number of other demographics. Then compare that to other professions in the same demographic. Yet it is rarely done, at least on this forum.
I only posted what polls have shown about the leanings of the college educated. I offered no speculations, only facts. If you think you know the reasons please share but include some real data not just what your gut says. There is too much of that here already.

Mark

Maybe they don't have a hidden agenda? Maybe they actually mean what they say and it is the GOP that lie. The vast majority of Dems don't want open borders and unlimited immigration even though that is what the GOP claims.

It is clear thru their actions that this is what the Democratic party wants.

Mark

Mark
Were you taught by a liberal?

No. I'm 64 and was taught by Catholic nuns.

Mark
So I guess not all teachers are liberal. Why do you think they are most teachers are liberal? I seems most educators are moderates. Unfortunately for the GOP, they have taken some very anti-educator positions.
x15-political-survey-data-overview-revised.jpg.pagespeed.ic.FXHYYFZcmS.jpg

It is clear thru their actions that this is what the Democratic party wants.

Mark
Which actions are those? Not the one where they voted billions for border security.

I only posted what polls have shown about the leanings of the college educated. I offered no speculations, only facts. If you think you know the reasons please share but include some real data not just what your gut says. There is too much of that here already.
I am not attempting to further any agenda, or refute any facts. I am simply calling into question whether or not your facts actually confirm what you seem to be saying they confirm. I am further suggesting that using a relatively vague metric, such as college education, as a delineation point is a questionable tactic. That is not to say it is necessarily wrong, just that it is questionable because of its vagueness. It would be akin to claiming that because group A is college educated and does X, it is because they know something that group B does not, assuming group B does not do X. In reality the fact that groups A and B do different things, could (maybe even likely) be due to something completely unconnected with educational level.

IF you live in a place that is more conservative you will have more conservative teachers, same for more liberal areas, that talking point is really a dud, people will choice colleges that most closely follow there interest. You go to a liberal arts college if your area of interest is there, just like you go to a religion based college if that's your interest.

I am not attempting to further any agenda, or refute any facts. I am simply calling into question whether or not your facts actually confirm what you seem to be saying they confirm. I am further suggesting that using a relatively vague metric, such as college education, as a delineation point is a questionable tactic. That is not to say it is necessarily wrong, just that it is questionable because of its vagueness. It would be akin to claiming that because group A is college educated and does X, it is because they know something that group B does not, assuming group B does not do X. In reality the fact that groups A and B do different things, could (maybe even likely) be due to something completely unconnected with educational level.
I think it is irrefutable that there is a correlation between education and political party preference. What the causation is, on the other hand, we can only guess at.

Forum List

Back