Are Republicans thrilled just 47 people are giving 57% of campaign money?

if this was Obama receiving the money they would be screaming "RICH PEOPLE LOVE OBAMA"!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well never try to consider what a lefty is thinking they will even spin their own answers.

Yes I am thrilled that at least 47 rich people care that much about this country.

No doubt democrats are equally as thrilled that a handful of rich hollywood stars and New York socialites think that much of obama.

It's not the fault of republicans that obama is not able to support his campaign. He got plenty of money. He just pissed it away at such a rate, with nothing to show for it, that even his richest donors are tired of supporting his has-been ass.

ROTFLMAO (This is my anti-thanks shortcut).

The difference between conservatives and liberals is that conservatives don't want reward from the rich. Democrats want a reward for failure, like they always do. The rich have pretty much always left me alone to rise or fall on my own. The rich have always patronized my businesses.

Liberals on the other hand have never left me alone. There is always another regulation, another tax, another opinion I must hold. The demands of the liberals never end. There is no reward except when you give up and become a leech like them.

When my business was open, I could always spot the liberal. A rich conservative would get a bill and pay it. A rich liberal would tell me how I was overcharging them and should provide the service for free, if I really cared about others.

What thrills me is the level of butt burn the liberals are experiencing. Over.

Are Democrats thrilled that just 5 per cent of the population pay 90 per cent of the nation's tax revenue? Of course they are. They simply now want them to supply 110 per cent of the nations ever exponentially increasing expenditures.
Of course, if the yoke Obama opposes becomes too hard and the burden too heavy, the oppressed taxpayer class can always do a Denise Rich and flee. What's Bam to do then? Send a company of Marines in Ospreys or a squad of Navy Seals to kidnap them and bring them and their bank accounts back to the States for a show trial and looting of their assets? At that point, the United States becomes a Frank Lorenzo style Government, when the Fed was forced to stop handing the newly bankrupt airlines over to the Lorenzo lead Continental, Continental almost immediately filed for bankruptcy. When vultures runs out of carrion to feed on, the vultures starve, too.
Of course, 'Bam can always then take his cue from former administration members Cass Sunstein's and Anita Dunn's favorite politician, Mao tse Tung, and their favorite quote from Mao "All power enanates from the barrel of a gun!"

Last edited:

apples and antelopes; don't let that stop you, information is anathema to the willfully ignorant.

I'll take that as a "no". :lol:

Just 47 people account for more than half (57.1 percent) of the $230 million raised by super PACs from individual donors, according to the study by U.S. Public Interest Research Group (U.S. PIRG) and Demos, two liberal research and advocacy organizations. Just over 1,000 donors giving $10,000 or more were responsible for 94 percent of the money raised.

They calculate that it would take 321,000 middle-income families, donating an equivalent share of their wealth (0.15 percent), to match the Adelsons' giving.

Super PAC donations: Small group, a big dent

Do Middle Class Republicans feel that someone like Sheldon who has tens of billions of dollars share their "interests and needs".

The other question is "Are there any Middle Class Republicans"? If so, why do they vote against their own self interests?

You didnt mind when wall street loaded Obama up last time around.

Democrats were so appreciative that ObAMA HIRED MANY OF THE SAME TAX CHEATS TO BE IN HIS ADMIN.

SO NO I DONT THINK THEY MIND AND IF IT BOTHERS YOU ALL THE BETTER.........

I find it interesting the article doesn't mention any party, so I think it would be reasonable to assume it is both parties Super-Pacs.

So, it looks like Democrats are voting against their self interest also.

Obama has raised over a billion for his campaign, has he not? Sounds like some people may own him.

As usual a poor liberal that is mad about how rich conservative people spend their money.

So where are the threads about rich liberal actors, singers, artists, etc living lavish lifestyles in Miami, NYC and LA???? Oh, they're not old rich white people that support Romney....

I don't get Time Mag. Did they have a similar cover when Obama was outspending McLame three to one in 2008?

apples and antelopes; don't let that stop you, information is anathema to the willfully ignorant.

You may take it anyway you like it, the simple fact is thousands of supporters of Obama sent in small checks, there influence was small; under a hundred have sent big checks to Romney, their influence has been large (as anyone who is listening to Gov. Romney's stump speech understands).

A vote for Romney is a vote for Plutocracy.

Just 47 people account for more than half (57.1 percent) of the $230 million raised by super PACs from individual donors, according to the study by U.S. Public Interest Research Group (U.S. PIRG) and Demos, two liberal research and advocacy organizations. Just over 1,000 donors giving $10,000 or more were responsible for 94 percent of the money raised.

They calculate that it would take 321,000 middle-income families, donating an equivalent share of their wealth (0.15 percent), to match the Adelsons' giving.

Do Middle Class Republicans feel that someone like Sheldon who has tens of billions of dollars share their "interests and needs".

The other question is "Are there any Middle Class Republicans"? If so, why do they vote against their own self interests?

I see your math skills have not improved.

You may take it anyway you like it, the simple fact is thousands of supporters of Obama sent in small checks, there influence was small; under a hundred have sent big checks to Romney, their influence has been large (as anyone who is listening to Gov. Romney's stump speech understands).

Hack-tastic

First of all Obama has out-raised Romney in both small contributors as well as the large ones who write the big fat checks. Overall Obama (to date) has raised around twice as much dough as Romney.

2012 Presidential Race | OpenSecrets

What your quibbling about is the percentage difference between the two's income. Well over half of Obama's income comes from large donors, while in Romney's case it's closer to seventy five percent or more. (so far)

As November comes closer watch for those differences to come closer together (especially after the conventions). Small donors are no longer dividing up their donations and a growing number will start paying attention to the race.

If you think we are not in a Plutocracy now, but "a vote for Romney" will put us over the edge and bring one about... you are a hack. I happen to believe we are a democratic Republic and will remain one whoever wins. My vote is not for sale at any price.

Superpac money isn't campaign funding, dipshit.

Hack-tastic

First of all Obama has out-raised Romney in both small contributors as well as the large ones who write the big fat checks. Overall Obama (to date) has raised around twice as much dough as Romney.

2012 Presidential Race | OpenSecrets

What your quibbling about is the percentage difference between the two's income. Well over half of Obama's income comes from large donors, while in Romney's case it's closer to seventy five percent or more. (so far)

!!! Point missed. It is not only the amount donated, it is who donated. Consider who needs to influence the president? A Movie Mogul or a Coal/Oil Mogul?

As November comes closer watch for those differences to come closer together (especially after the conventions). Small donors are no longer dividing up their donations and a growing number will start paying attention to the race.

If you think we are not in a Plutocracy now, but "a vote for Romney" will put us over the edge and bring one about... you are a hack. I happen to believe we are a democratic Republic and will remain one whoever wins. My vote is not for sale at any price.

We are a Plutocracy now, one which the Supreme Court anointed in CU v. FEC. Voting for Romney simply puts the Fox in charge of the Hen House.

Forum List

Back