Are Republicans still in favor of the "Unitary Executive" theory?

I would say no since it is a dem in office. They will be for it again when a repub gets back in office.

I never liked this idea and was mad as hell when I heard this "theory". I dont believe any president should circumvent laws by putting his own spin on it. I thought Obama would do the same but so far he hasnt...and I'm wondering why?

And no one will even give their opinion on it...It was a shitty idea and conservatives backed it in the name of Freedom. Ironic....I have a take on it citing daddy issues but I'm not going there right now

Its the same concept as the Republicans adding $5 trillion to the national debt to pay for their tax cuts for the wealthy and then screaming bloody murder as soon as Obama tries to borrow money

I never liked this idea and was mad as hell when I heard this "theory". I dont believe any president should circumvent laws by putting his own spin on it. I thought Obama would do the same but so far he hasnt...and I'm wondering why?
it isn't a theory, it is a trend, and Obama HAS done the same!

List of President Obama's Signing Statements -

Yep and I still think it is wrong and unconstitutional.

As I posted.

I would say no since it is a dem in office. They will be for it again when a repub gets back in office.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seAR1S1Mjkc]YouTube - Obama on Presidential Signing Statements[/ame]

No comments?

[On view is] “the childlike mind of many liberals who would defend this action by saying "Bush did it too" while forgetting the years of hand wringing and outrage over the exact same practice that Obama is engaging in today.

The crickets are chirping on the left, but it hardly hides the towering hypocrisy of their position on this issue.”
American Thinker Blog: Obama signing statement on war funding bill: Left is curiously silent

Its the same concept as the Republicans adding $5 trillion to the national debt to pay for their tax cuts for the wealthy and then screaming bloody murder as soon as Obama tries to borrow money

you mean the Dems who screamed bloody murder about Bush's deficits until it was a democrat racking up much larger deficits?

Obama said he wouldn't use signing statements and then used them anyway. Not exactly a "man bites dog" story. Barry's lied to us on many occasions.

did he actaully say he would not use them? Or just run down Bush for using them?

I now he talked trash about Bush using them, but I do not remember if he actually said he would not use them?

He is a politician first.

Obama said he wouldn't use signing statements and then used them anyway. Not exactly a "man bites dog" story. Barry's lied to us on many occasions.

did he actaully say he would not use them? Or just run down Bush for using them?

I now he talked trash about Bush using them, but I do not remember if he actually said he would not use them?

check out the video, he clearly said that he would not use them and explained why in crystal clear detail.

He's a lying POS.

[On view is] “the childlike mind of many liberals who would defend this action by saying "Bush did it too" while forgetting the years of hand wringing and outrage over the exact same practice that Obama is engaging in today.

The crickets are chirping on the left, but it hardly hides the towering hypocrisy of their position on this issue.”
American Thinker Blog: Obama signing statement on war funding bill: Left is curiously silent

Yep "the left" is pretty quiet on this. Not all of those of us pigeonholed as the left hold the level of partisanship required for such a suckup move.

I thought it sucked when Bush did it and I do when Obama does it as well.
I consider it an impeachable offense.
Whomever the president.

Was it too much trouble for you to view post #9 vid?

It's only one minute and 27 seconds out of your busy day....or check the last 10 seconds.

check out the video, he clearly said that he would not use them and explained why in crystal clear detail.

He's a lying POS.

thanks for the info. But I knew Obama was a "lying POS" years before this.
As I said he is a politician.

the only question I ever had about Obama is what he would lie about and why?

Part of the definition of politician:
One who is not to be trusted.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back