Are Republicans Paranoid, Or Jealous?

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
"Republicans long have chafed under criticism from President Obama and the Democrats that they are "the party of no." What their new campaign blueprint shows is that, if they take control of the House, Republicans will become "the party of stop."

At its heart, the "Pledge to America" represents a promise to stop Obama in his tracks - stop the stimulus, stop the financial bailout program, repeal and (try to) replace the health-care law, stop other spending and stop the proposed repeal of tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans."

Is it all THAT difficult for Republicans to accept the fact....Obama will clean-UP after Bush Jr., much like Bill Clinton did, after Bush Sr.????

:eusa_eh:

If you Republicans are so IRATE, about such outcomes, quit HANDING the Dems such OPPORTUNITIES!!!

Last edited:
Mr. Shaman, this is what many, many people want. The more interesting question is, after these reforms have been rolled back, what does the GOP propose by way of problem solving?

O...and I don't think the GOP is proposing that we "undo" any bail outs. I'm not even sure HTF that would work.

Mr. Shaman, this is what many, many people want.
What's that.....total-deregulation & a return to Reaganbushenomics....and a PROMISE things will be DIFFERENT, the next-time-around????? :eusa_eh:

If there's one thing Dems DID learn, from Bush Jr., it was......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A&feature=related]YouTube - Bush "Fool Me Once..."[/ame]

.....or....SOMETHING-like-that......
323.png

I wonder how long it will take for this to get moved to the flame zone.... cuz it sure as hell ain't politics.
Too political, huh??

:rolleyes:

"The pledge is a political document in the guise of a governing agenda. If there are any real surprises in the blueprint for conservative government, they come in the form of pulled punches rather than new initiatives.

The pledge sets no specific targets for reducing or eliminating the deficit, promising only "a responsible, fact-based conversation with the American people about the scale of the fiscal challenges we face and the urgent action that is required to deal with them."

This isn't about more-o'-the-same, huh??? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Mr. Shaman, this is what many, many people want. The more interesting question is, after these reforms have been rolled back, what does the GOP propose by way of problem solving?

O...and I don't think the GOP is proposing that we "undo" any bail outs. I'm not even sure HTF that would work.

The right are pointers, not solvers.

Politics is flaming in the new century.

After all none of them are actually going to do what they promise are they?
Politics is a workd of LOOK we are not as bad as them!

Last edited:
What's that.....total-deregulation & a return to Reaganbushenomics....and a PROMISE things will be DIFFERENT, the next-time-around????? :eusa_eh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A&feature=related]YouTube - Bush "Fool Me Once..."[/ame]

323.png

Nobody wants "total deregulation".

Many people do want to give Reagan's economic policies another twirl. I dunno why...trickle down is completely discredited, but they remain popular.

I dun think the Dems learned jack shit, Mr. Shaman. I can scarcely recall more ineptitude in politics. It'll be decades before Pelosi's "you have to pass the bill to read it" arrogance is forgotten.

323.png

Many people do want to give Reagan's economic policies another twirl. I dunno why...trickle down is completely discredited, but they remain popular.

I dun think the Dems learned jack shit, Mr. Shaman. I can scarcely recall more ineptitude in politics. It'll be decades before Pelosi's "you have to pass the bill to read it" arrogance is forgotten.

A liberal tide swamps all boats.

I don't think they'll get both houses. But I do think they have a lock on the white house in 2012 unless they run Palin.

And yes, if the Dems have the minority position, they'll be the Party Of No. Business as usual.

323.png

Hard right libertarians do.
And of course the leaders of industries wanting to be deregulated. And their recently freed unlimited money-mouth speech.

323.png

On spot and on point, they want to bring Reagan back from the dead and pretend America under Reagan was the best time in America and forget how Reagan and Bush Sr fucked up the American economy.

YouTube - Bush "Fool Me Once..."

323.png

And of course the leaders of industries wanting to be deregulated. And their recently freed unlimited money-mouth speech.

Well, I'm not sure what "total deregulation" means but I doubt even a die-hard libertarian like Quantum Windbag welcomed the BP oil spill or the egg-borne salmonella outbreak. Reasonable people realize we need a certain amount of regulation.

323.png

I dun think the Dems learned jack shit, Mr. Shaman.
Of course, they did.....and, PROVED so, in '93!!!!

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

Ya' can't argue against $UCCE$$!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eusa_whistle:

Well, I'm not sure what "total deregulation" means but I doubt even a die-hard libertarian like Quantum Windbag welcomed the BP oil spill or the egg-borne salmonella outbreak. Reasonable people realize we need a certain amount of regulation.

Keep our pet food safe!

Forum List

Back