Are religions that use military power instead of moral authority and persuasion to convert us, worth

If you have that much time to waste, you might opine.

Regards
DL
So you save time by posting the same post on have a dozen forums? How many days will you hang around this time, DL?

Your posting pattern seems to be a week to ten days then "POOF!" off into cyberspace for awhile. Where do you do? Do it include rubber walls or barred windows?

BTW, your OP is flawed. Religion, like guns and lawn mowers, is a tool. It is neither good nor bad. It's the people or person that uses it who determines if that use is good or bad. You know, like your use of flawed arguments to spread hate against religions.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

You do not like that I show my hate of religion yet support religions that have shown a lot of hate by using force instead of good moral persuasion.

With such poor thinking, no wonder you stick to small minded personal garbage.

Regards
DL

...your OP is flawed. Religion, like guns and lawn mowers, is a tool. It is neither good nor bad. It's the people or person that uses it who determines if that use is good or bad. ....
....You do not like that I show my hate of religion yet support religions that have shown a lot of hate by using force instead of good moral persuasion.

Regards
DL
1) Thanks for confessing you hate religion.

2) It should be clear to all sane, intelligent minds why you dodged the part about religion being a tool, that it's man who determines if it is good or evil, a physical force or "good, moral persuasion".

Are religions that use military power instead of moral authority and persuasion to convert us, worthy of us?

I was reading of my Gnostic Christian history, --- which grew itself without violence and with moral authority, --- and noted that both Christianity and Islam have both grown themselves through military conquest as compared to moral authority gained by persuasion.

We have had to suffer many Holy Wars, Inquisitions and jihads instead of those religions winning us over by good deeds and a better moral code.

Both Islam and Christianity say they respect Jesus and he said that we would recognize his people by their good deed, not war, so I think that Jesus would condemn both Christianity and especially Islam, given that they are both homophobic and misogynous religions who refuse to grant gays and women full equality. Christianity is slowly moving to equality while Islam is not.

Further, most religious laws have been bested by secular humanist laws, thanks to equality provisions and have already rejected the laws of those immoral Gods and their religions.

Given that violence instead of a better moral code has been used to grow Christianity and Islam, should moral people reject both Islam and Christianity as unfit to convert us to their religions?

Regards
DL
Show us just ONE example of Christians using force to convert people. You can't.
Torture Techniques of the Spanish Inquisition

Native Americans and Christianity - RationalWiki

But if you want more recent:
Joseph Kony: Profile of the LRA leader - BBC News

CAR: Muslims forced to convert to Christianity | Christian News on Christian Today
But are they really Christians? Nowhere in the Bible does God tell us to force people to convert. Now, a Christian is defined as one who does the will of God. So, these people cannot be Christians.

You are right that most who call themselves Christian do not act like Christians are told to by scriptures.

But to your comment.

Luke 19:27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.

Qur'an 8:7 "Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: `Wipe the infidels out to the last.'"

Jesus said, "Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the world. They do not know that I have come to cast conflicts upon the earth: fire, sword, war.

Seems Christians follow Jesus on this last.

Regards
DL
Context. You need context. You people are always taking Gods word out of context. It's important, and not just for Scripture. You know this. It's like entering into a three way conversation after it's been going on for a while. You are either a fool, or deliberately dishonest. Which is it?

...your OP is flawed. Religion, like guns and lawn mowers, is a tool. It is neither good nor bad. It's the people or person that uses it who determines if that use is good or bad. ....
....You do not like that I show my hate of religion yet support religions that have shown a lot of hate by using force instead of good moral persuasion.

Regards
DL
1) Thanks for confessing you hate religion.

2) It should be clear to all sane, intelligent minds why you dodged the part about religion being a tool, that it's man who determines if it is good or evil, a physical force or "good, moral persuasion".

I did not dodge. That fact is apparent to everyone. Religions, like the various government systems are all just tools used for social manipulation and crowd control.

Strange that you would thing that not obvious to everyone.

Let me pat you on the back though for pointing out the obvious. Good boy.

Regards
DL

Are religions that use military power instead of moral authority and persuasion to convert us, worthy of us?

I was reading of my Gnostic Christian history, --- which grew itself without violence and with moral authority, --- and noted that both Christianity and Islam have both grown themselves through military conquest as compared to moral authority gained by persuasion.

We have had to suffer many Holy Wars, Inquisitions and jihads instead of those religions winning us over by good deeds and a better moral code.

Both Islam and Christianity say they respect Jesus and he said that we would recognize his people by their good deed, not war, so I think that Jesus would condemn both Christianity and especially Islam, given that they are both homophobic and misogynous religions who refuse to grant gays and women full equality. Christianity is slowly moving to equality while Islam is not.

Further, most religious laws have been bested by secular humanist laws, thanks to equality provisions and have already rejected the laws of those immoral Gods and their religions.

Given that violence instead of a better moral code has been used to grow Christianity and Islam, should moral people reject both Islam and Christianity as unfit to convert us to their religions?

Regards
DL
Show us just ONE example of Christians using force to convert people. You can't.
Torture Techniques of the Spanish Inquisition

Native Americans and Christianity - RationalWiki

But if you want more recent:
Joseph Kony: Profile of the LRA leader - BBC News

CAR: Muslims forced to convert to Christianity | Christian News on Christian Today
But are they really Christians? Nowhere in the Bible does God tell us to force people to convert. Now, a Christian is defined as one who does the will of God. So, these people cannot be Christians.

You are right that most who call themselves Christian do not act like Christians are told to by scriptures.

But to your comment.

Luke 19:27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.

Qur'an 8:7 "Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: `Wipe the infidels out to the last.'"

Jesus said, "Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the world. They do not know that I have come to cast conflicts upon the earth: fire, sword, war.

Regards
DL
Context. You need context. You people are always taking Gods word out of context. It's important, and not just for Scripture. You know this. It's like entering into a three way conversation after it's been going on for a while. You are either a fool, or deliberately dishonest. Which is it?

Neither. Seems you are the fool who has forgotten that Jesus said he came to bring war and not peace.

Regards
DL

But to your comment.

Regards
DL

Neither. Seems you are the fool who has forgotten that Jesus said he came to bring war and not peace.

Regards
DL
Here you go. What did Jesus mean by coming to bring a sword in Matthew 10:34-36?

Educate yourself. Your ignorance is offensive.

But to your comment.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Here you go. What did Jesus mean by coming to bring a sword in Matthew 10:34-36?

Educate yourself. Your ignorance is offensive.
No reply, Greatest? Did you even read what I posted? The crickets are deafening.

I did not dodge. That fact is apparent to everyone. Religions, like the various government systems are all just tools used for social manipulation and crowd control.

Strange that you would thing that not obvious to everyone.

Let me pat you on the back though for pointing out the obvious. Good boy.

Regards
DL
Disagreed on you dodging even though it's good to see you backtrack on your OP statement.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back