Are Racists Dumb?

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
SFC Ollie told me, "racism = stupidity."

Yet two of the nation's biggest "racists", William Pierce and William Shockley, were...

a rocket scientist (literally)

William Luther Pierce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and a Nobel Prize-winning physicist

William Shockley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now I have certainly encountered racially hostile people who were not world-traveled or well-educated. But does this negate the general accuracy of the notion of racial difference, or the legitimacy of the hostile stance?

I mean, a redneck might say, "I hate *******. I don't live near 'em."

But a white yuppie also doesn't live near blacks -- nor will he or she send their kids to school with them.

What's going on here?

Racism is stupid, that doesn't mean the person is stupid, just means the person exhibits a stupid trait.

Yet two of the nation's biggest "racists", William Pierce and William Shockley, were...

Now I have certainly encountered racially hostile people who were not world-traveled or well-educated. But does this negate the general accuracy of the notion of racial difference, or the legitimacy of the hostile stance?

But a white yuppie also doesn't live near blacks -- nor will he or she send their kids to school with them.

What's going on here?

Tell me...why are all the biggest racists always named WILLIAM?

What's going on here?

Book Learning and Common Sense are Light Years Away from each other!

People that are racist are weak minded.

I don't know about that. I moved to Arkansas from California when I was 12 years old. I didn't know what racism was, we had black friends, brown friends, whatever. When I came back here people talked about hating blacks but if you talked to them, they hadn't even ever met a black. That's being racist out lack of knowledge, not being weak minded.

I don't know about that. I moved to Arkansas from California when I was 12 years old. I didn't know what racism was, we had black friends, brown friends, whatever. When I came back here people talked about hating blacks but if you talked to them, they hadn't even ever met a black. That's being racist out lack of knowledge, not being weak minded.

One succumbs to unreasonable hatred, just as you pointed out most of it is, out of a weakness in cognitive ability. A failure to govern ones unreasonable assumptions and fears with reality and fact.

I have delusional paranoia. However over time I learned to control it, to seek verification for the things I thought , failing to find corroboration I do not act on those thoughts. I still have them and I still " believe" them, but I know through training myself that they are false or unproven. I refuse to act on them.

People with unfounded fear of other races are weak minded. They succumb to unrealistic fears that have no real world proof or substance.

Fearing a gang of colored people IN an area with gangs of such people is reasonable. Fearing all blacks or hating all blacks simply because their skin is darker then yours is an unreasonable fear. One that is not backed up with historical proof or evidence of need.

They are weak minded.

One succumbs to unreasonable hatred, just as you pointed out most of it is, out of a weakness in cognitive ability. A failure to govern ones unreasonable assumptions and fears with reality and fact.

I have delusional paranoia. However over time I learned to control it, to seek verification for the things I thought , failing to find corroboration I do not act on those thoughts. I still have them and I still " believe" them, but I know through training myself that they are false or unproven. I refuse to act on them.

People with unfounded fear of other races are weak minded. They succumb to unrealistic fears that have no real world proof or substance.

Fearing a gang of colored people IN an area with gangs of such people is reasonable. Fearing all blacks or hating all blacks simply because their skin is darker then yours is an unreasonable fear. One that is not backed up with historical proof or evidence of need.

They are weak minded.

I disagree because and I'll have to use Mexicans here because we don't have many blacks in this area.

I have seen many of the people who I went to high school with who professed hatred of anyone who isn't white change their minds over the years as they have actually came across Hispanics. It wasn't a matter of being weak minded, it was a matter of not having any basis for knowing any better. Once they met some and realized that hey they're generally people just like whites that fear went away.

Note - of course there are still assholes that just hate because they hate but that's another matter entirely.

What's going on here?

Are racists dumb?

You betcha.

Hate to burst your bubble, but racism is about the stupidest thing on the planet. Smart people are not immune to being stupid.

They are weak minded.

I disagree because and I'll have to use Mexicans here because we don't have many blacks in this area.

I have seen many of the people who I went to high school with who professed hatred of anyone who isn't white change their minds over the years as they have actually came across Hispanics. It wasn't a matter of being weak minded, it was a matter of not having any basis for knowing any better. Once they met some and realized that hey they're generally people just like whites that fear went away.

Note - of course there are still assholes that just hate because they hate but that's another matter entirely.

Ignorance is no excuse for unreasonable fears. Further since we have world wide access to information claiming ignorance of other races is weak at best. They are not ignorant of Hispanics before they met them, they LEARNED over time that their UNREASONABLE fears were wrong. But the original fear was still UNREASONABLE.

Weak minds.

They are weak minded.

Ignorance is no excuse for unreasonable fears. Further since we have world wide access to information claiming ignorance of other races is weak at best. They are not ignorant of Hispanics before they met them, they LEARNED over time that their UNREASONABLE fears were wrong. But the original fear was still UNREASONABLE.

Weak minds.

Dude, I graduated from HS over 20 years ago.These people just weren't exposed to anyone who wasn't white. Hell they considered people from CA to be foreigners.:lol:

But as some started moving in people figured out that there was nothing to be afraid of. Basically the were afraid because their parents ingrained that fear into them and they had never met anyone to dissuade them beliefs.

Weak minds.

Dude, I graduated from HS over 20 years ago.These people just weren't exposed to anyone who wasn't white. Hell they considered people from CA to be foreigners.:lol:

But as some started moving in people figured out that there was nothing to be afraid of. Basically the were afraid because their parents ingrained that fear into them and they had never met anyone to dissuade them beliefs.

In other words weak minds unable to do any fact finding for themselves until forced to. Lazy to boot. Thanks for proving my point.

I knew I would never be a racist that day I watched Good Times as a pubescently blooming young boy and I lusted like hot lava down a love mountain after Willona's breasts.

Mind you, I have always had a thing for dinner ladies too ever since I jacked off to Linda Lavin in the TV guide.

Weak minds.

In other words weak minds unable to do any fact finding for themselves until forced to. Lazy to boot. Thanks for proving my point.

fact finding? dude were talking about 20 years ago in a small secluded area where most kids went to school and worked on farms. there wasn't exactly an opportunity to learn about minorities. well beyond watching TV I guess but come on.....

fact finding? dude were talking about 20 years ago in a small secluded area where most kids went to school and worked on farms. there wasn't exactly an opportunity to learn about minorities. well beyond watching TV I guess but come on.....

You keep proving my point, they were weak minded and lazy.

You keep proving my point, they were weak minded and lazy.

I disagree with your conclusion, but that's ok

What's going on here?

RacISM is sort of dumb.

RacISTs come with all sorts of intellectual capabilities.

A few of the smartest people I know were racists.

Most of the dumbest people I know are, too.

Racism is a value judgement and intelligence has little to do with it.

That was one of the things I loved about the military. I met those guys you are talking about. They never even met a black person but could tell you everything about them from what they saw on television. It was sad but fun to watch.

Some of the preconceived notions they had was sad, but when they learned that most of the crap they though was bs.

New Topics

Forum List

Back