Are Pakistan's Taliban using children as weapons?

High_Gravity

Belligerent Drunk
Nov 19, 2010
Richmond VA

9-year-old-suicide-bomb-pakistan_full_238.jpg

A 9-year-old schoolgirl narrowly escaped a plot laid by her Taliban kidnappers this week in Pakistan’s northwest to use her as a suicide bomber at a military checkpoint, raising concerns about militants' intent to use children in their battles.

Skip to next paragraph Sohana Jawed, a 9-year-old Pakistani during a news conference in Lower Dir in Timergarah, Pakistan on Monday, June 20. "Sohana" says was kidnapped and forced to wear a suicide vest. She managed to escape her captors Monday.

The girl, Sohana, was kidnapped over the weekend by two men and two burqa-clad women in Peshawar, who huddled her into the car and drove to Timargarah. That’s the largest town in Lower Dir, bordering Afghanistan, where Pakistan’s security forces launched a successful crackdown against the Taliban insurgency in 2009.

“I was buying toffees from a roadside vendor on my way to school,” the third-grader, wearing a white-head scarf and blue school uniform, told police officials and reporters after her narrow escape on Monday.

“When I opened my eyes, I found myself in a room. They fed me biscuits and I fell unconscious,” she said. The next morning, Taliban militants took her close to the Darra Islam checkpoint and forced her to wear a suicide vest. “They put on one suicide jacket on me, but it did not fit,” she said. “Then they put on another one.”

“You keep on reciting Koranic verses till you push the button,” the girl says the Taliban militant told her. But police say Sohana escaped from the car while they were trying the second vest on her, not, tossing it aside as she ran away. “I released my hand from the woman and ran by shouting and screaming; as I came close to the checkpoint, they [police] took me into custody.”

On Tuesday, police officials say, the girl was reunited with her family.

Sohana's experience triggered concerns among human rights organizations that the Taliban are now increasingly using children as their main weapon. “I believe that the Taliban are becoming desperate,” says a leading activist, Farzana Bari. “It is worrisome that now they [ the Taliban] want to destroy the young generation and use these innocent kids as their soldiers in the name of holy war."

Among those who took the girl into custody was Saleem Marwat, a senior police official in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Province. He says police are on the hunt for her kidnappers and are still working to verify her story with witness accounts. “We have had instances of the Taliban recruiting young boys as suicide bombers, but kidnapping of children and turning them into suicide bombers is a worrying sign,” he says.

Only a week ago, police investigators arrested a Taliban militant recruiter in Karachi whose job it was to reportedly convert madrasa children into suicide bombers.

Are Pakistan's Taliban using children as weapons? - CSMonitor.com

A martyr is a martyr. They glorify death. Drugging boy children up, showing them sexual movies, telling them that they will get 72 virgins if they self-ignite themselves around the victims they choose.

Question:

Are suicide bombings justified or condemned under Islam?

Summary Answer:

Suicide is against Islam. Martyrdom is not.

"Suicide bomber" is a derogatory term invented in the West to try and describe what in Islam is known as a Fedayeen or Shahid... a martyr. The point of the bomber isn't suicide. It is to kill infidels in battle. This is not just permitted by Muhammad, but encouraged with liberal promises of heavenly reward, including food and sex.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jrCyWDdSN8]YouTube - ‪PAKISTAN UPDATE: Child Suicide Bombers‬‏[/ame]​

TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Suicide Bombing and Martyrdom

Yes. Of course they use children for suicide missions. They have done for years!

Two Pakistani mothers were overheard chatting over a pint of goat's milk in a cafe.
The older of the mothers pulls her bag out and starts flipping through pictures
and they start reminiscing.

"This is my oldest son Mohammed. He's 24 years old now"
"Yes, I remember him as a baby" says the other mother cheerfully.
"He's a martyr now though" mum confides.
"Oh so sad dear" says the other.
"And this is my second son Kalid. He's 21"
"Oh, I remember him," says the other happily, "he had such curly hair when he was born".
"He's a martyr too " says mum quietly.
"Oh gracious me ...." says the other.
"And this is my third son. My baby. My beautiful Ahmed. He's 18", she whispers.
"Yes" says the friend enthusiastically, "I remember when he first started school".
"He's a martyr also," says mum, with tears in her eyes.
After a pause and a deep sigh, the second muslim mother looks wistfully at
the photographs and says... "They blow up so fast, don't they?"

A 9-year-old schoolgirl narrowly escaped a plot laid by her Taliban kidnappers this week in Pakistan’s northwest to use her as a suicide bomber at a military checkpoint, raising concerns about militants' intent to use children in their battles.

Skip to next paragraph Sohana Jawed, a 9-year-old Pakistani during a news conference in Lower Dir in Timergarah, Pakistan on Monday, June 20. "Sohana" says was kidnapped and forced to wear a suicide vest. She managed to escape her captors Monday.

The girl, Sohana, was kidnapped over the weekend by two men and two burqa-clad women in Peshawar, who huddled her into the car and drove to Timargarah. That’s the largest town in Lower Dir, bordering Afghanistan, where Pakistan’s security forces launched a successful crackdown against the Taliban insurgency in 2009.

“I was buying toffees from a roadside vendor on my way to school,” the third-grader, wearing a white-head scarf and blue school uniform, told police officials and reporters after her narrow escape on Monday.

“When I opened my eyes, I found myself in a room. They fed me biscuits and I fell unconscious,” she said. The next morning, Taliban militants took her close to the Darra Islam checkpoint and forced her to wear a suicide vest. “They put on one suicide jacket on me, but it did not fit,” she said. “Then they put on another one.”

“You keep on reciting Koranic verses till you push the button,” the girl says the Taliban militant told her. But police say Sohana escaped from the car while they were trying the second vest on her, not, tossing it aside as she ran away. “I released my hand from the woman and ran by shouting and screaming; as I came close to the checkpoint, they [police] took me into custody.”

Sohana's experience triggered concerns among human rights organizations that the Taliban are now increasingly using children as their main weapon. “I believe that the Taliban are becoming desperate,” says a leading activist, Farzana Bari. “It is worrisome that now they [ the Taliban] want to destroy the young generation and use these innocent kids as their soldiers in the name of holy war."

Among those who took the girl into custody was Saleem Marwat, a senior police official in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Province. He says police are on the hunt for her kidnappers and are still working to verify her story with witness accounts. “We have had instances of the Taliban recruiting young boys as suicide bombers, but kidnapping of children and turning them into suicide bombers is a worrying sign,” he says.

Only a week ago, police investigators arrested a Taliban militant recruiter in Karachi whose job it was to reportedly convert madrasa children into suicide bombers.

It is common to use children in situations like this. It is common in non-Muslim country's to. Africa is a good example and to a degree, here in America among street gangs and the white power movement. Young minds are easy to mold.

It is common to use children in situations like this. It is common in non-Muslim country's to. Africa is a good example and to a degree, here in America among street gangs and the white power movement. Young minds are easy to mold.

There's a difference between using them and blowing them up don't you think? You say 'to a degree', but that confuses the degree.

It's common to use. It's not so common to have them kill themselves and innocents by self ignition is it?

Or is that just degree?

There's a difference between using them and blowing them up don't you think? You say 'to a degree', but that confuses the degree.

It's common to use. It's not so common to have them kill themselves and innocents by self ignition is it?

Or is that just degree?

I think the whole thing is fucking sick Ropey.:evil:

Or is that just degree?

In some places yes, it is quit common. As to the remark about street gangs here in the us, to a degree, it happens here. The older gang members recruit the young kids from broken homes, give them a sense of family and belonging and then send them out to peddle drugs and kill the gang members. they throw there lives away for there gangs and commit murder in it name. Its the same with the armed gangs in Africa, as well as Palestine and the middle east. And yes, it is very common for the gang members to kill innocents. It happens all the time. Murder is murder be it by gun,knife or bomb.

I agree HG.

"The older gang members recruit the young kids from broken homes, give them a sense of family and belonging and then send them out to peddle drugs and kill the gang members."

But by degree connects the two. I don't see the connection between killing their own gang members which is part and parcel of the gang and peddling drugs which is the finances of the gang.

And to tie that to a political and militarily extremist ideology that uses children to slaughter other people for the ideological purpose.

Murder is murder be it by gun,knife or bomb.

Murder of a gang member(s) who is/are also involved in the crime is far different than the murder of a group of innocents by terrorists.

I see the connection you are making. I disagree with the strength of the attachment. By degree. :)

I agree HG.

"The older gang members recruit the young kids from broken homes, give them a sense of family and belonging and then send them out to peddle drugs and kill the gang members."

But by degree connects the two. I don't see the connection between killing their own gang members which is part and parcel of the gang and peddling drugs which is the finances of the gang.

And to tie that to a political and militarily extremist ideology that uses children to slaughter other people for the ideological purpose.

Murder is murder be it by gun,knife or bomb.

Murder of a gang member(s) who is/are also involved in the crime is far different than the murder of a group of innocents by terrorists.

I see the connection you are making. I disagree with the strength of the attachment. By degree. :)

Tell that to the people whop get hit in the cross fire between thees thugs. There ideology is as militant as any of the terrorist groups in Palestine or wherever. It is typical for groups of older people to use younger people to carry out there murders. The guy on a street corner who is caught in the blast of a suicide bomb and loses his legs does not have it any worse then some 14 year old kid who gets caught in the cross fire between two thugs fighting for a street corner in a shitty part of town to deal there crack on. The agenda is meaningless and a non-issue. I guess you would say the drug dealers in Juarez are not terrorist either ? That aside. Murder is Murder and it is sad that young children are doing it. Don't mean to sound edgy just the way it came out.

^^We will disagree on degree then. :)

We agree on the principle I think, and that's really what matters.

If you want to connect the terrorism in the middle east to gangs in America or even Mexico (as a matter of simple degree) then you can attach to that if you wish.

I see a separation that you don't.

^^We will disagree on degree then. :)

We agree on the principle I think, and that's really what matters.

We do. I am not trying to convince you. That would be wrong. I forgot,I do believe there is a separation, but only in ideology and motive.

Last edited:
I never thought you were. :)

I believe that principle is far more important than degrees. It relates to the topic eventually so your point is eminently arguable in degree even if I don't see the strength of attachment that you do.

I never thought you were. :)

I believe that principle is far more important than degrees. It relates to the topic eventually so your point is eminently arguable in degree even if I don't see the strength of attachment that you do.

Degree was stupid. Never should have used it.

^^ Degree makes for great discussions though.

Girl, eight, killed after Taliban gave her bag of explosive and told her to take it to police

An eight-year-old girl was killed when a bag of explosives given to her by Taliban insurgents exploded as she approached a police outpost in southern Afghanistan.

'The insurgents handed over a bag with a homemade bomb to an eight-year-old girl and asked her to take it to police forces,' the Ministry of Interior said in a statement.
'As the girl was getting close to the police, it exploded and killed the girl.' There were no police casualties

Read more: Girl, eight, killed after Taliban gave her bag of explosive and told her to take it to police | Mail Online

To think that these people claim to do what they do in the name of God makes me want to puke! Religion of peace and tolerance? Bullshit!

Forum List

Back